I'm a huge BB fan and am on my third with USCC (8330->9650->9350). My wife is on her second. Using Belief Points I can probably upgrade in late fall. However, I'm beginning to wonder if another BB is in my future for a number of reasons:

1) it's clear that USCC wont be releasing any additional BB7 phones. I'm certainly not going to get another one as a lateral move.

2) BB10 wont be out until late in the year, which means we wont see it at USCC for a few months after that most likely. Do I want to wait those extra months?

3)USCC has clearly moved almost completely to Aneroid. Will they even carry the next generation of BB 's? Will they care enough to carry them right away, or carry the top line phones?

4) we got a Kindle Fire for x-mas and I've enjoyed the expanded app selection, and it seems many debs are turning away from BB. The lack of apps has been getting increasingly frustrating. I know that the Android app player could be in play on BB10 but how will it work? Will it work well? Just a lot of unknowns.

5) I like my 9350 but it has caused some frustrations. The app memory is very low and I'm also having leak issues (probably partly app -based). Ive actually had to resort to nightly auto resets with meterberry to avoid freezing problems from low memory. A better browser and larger svreen are certainly intriguing as well. Obviously the next gen BB phones should be much better, but, gulp, do I want to see what all the Android fuss is all about maybe?

As of right now I might be leaning to trying Aneroid, probably the biggest reason being that I doubt there will be any new BB options for a good while after I'm eligible to upgrade.

What about you? What are you thinking for your next phone?
    Last edited by pistolpetefan23; 04-10-12 at 11:14 PM.
    04-10-12 11:12 PM
    Hard to say what I will do in 1.5-2 years, but you should go Android. Sounds like you are craving a change and want something that is widely supported by USCC. I will probably not give up the best communication device on the market, BB 9900, for a toy. I had a 9780 and the 9900 is a big upgrade. I have lots of things on my BB to waste some time if I am waiting for an appointment or something, I don't need a phone to play on all day; that's what my Playbook is for. LoL

Seriously though, you need to wait until the fall and then do the research as there will be more phones out at that time. BB 10 will be released on a full touch screen first, which won't interest people that want a physical keyboard. Make sure you get a phone that suits your NEEDS first and don't buy it cause it is flashy. At the end of the day my BB 9900 is more efficient than any other phone on the market. My g/f with her iPhone 4 is twice as slow doing everyday things on her phone, like calendar entries, memos, contacts, etc.

It is going to be really cool if RIM brings some of the neat things to BB 10 that are in the Playbook OS 2.0, like how contacts work and the integration.
    04-10-12 11:58 PM
    I definitely will, no questions asked.

I've been an owner of four BlackBerrys (8300 -> 9700 -> 9800 -> 9900). However, I've owned an Android before, and I was so unhappy with it I only kept it for 3 months before switching back to BlackBerry.

I won't even consider an iPhone.

For me, BlackBerry just gets it done. It's easy to use. It keeps me connected with the people I care about, and allows me to do what I need to do. I've got the best keyboard in the business. And when I feel like wasting time, I've always got my PlayBook.

While I'm madly in love with my 9900, I'm exited to see what BlackBerry 10 will bring to the table (if the Blade is a real phone, that's what I'm going for). So yes, will my next phone be a BlackBerry? You betcha.
    04-11-12 12:03 AM
    Yes, BlackBerry.

9930 then bb10.
    04-11-12 03:57 AM
    Definitely. I've used Android for six months. But my Torch 9810 is dearer. I recently upgraded to OS 7.1. The upgrade is marvellous. This is the best communication device in the world. My next one would be one of the BB10 phones.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    Ryan4128 likes this.
    04-11-12 04:18 AM
    If it's the TK Victory....most definitely, but yes I'm sticking with BlackBerry. Not sure yet if I'm going with the 9930 or waiting until NEXT year for BB10 with a keypad. Gotta have my BlackBerry keypad .
    04-11-12 04:21 AM
    If USCC had the 9930 I would definitely get it. However, it's clear they aren't going to be getting it ever. So that leaves the Torch 9850 as the only other option. As I said, BB10 won't be out until late 2012 and USCC probably won't get them until a couple months after that. It could be six months after my eligible upgrade that the phones would be available, and then you don't know for sure which BB10 phone(s) they'll get or what they'll be priced at. If they price the top-line phones like they've done before, I'm not going to pay $250 for a BB touchscreen BB10 device. Just lots of unknowns out there regarding BB and USCC, which is why I'm considering the switch. If they do get BB10 phones later on, I'll be able to switch back to BB perhaps 6 months after they come out via Belief Points (assuming I get a new phone in Sept/Oct., BB's don't come out till early 2013....oh, and of course that the world doesn't end on Dec. 21, 2012).
    04-11-12 01:34 PM
    If it's the TK Victory....most definitely, but yes I'm sticking with BlackBerry. Not sure yet if I'm going with the 9930 or waiting until NEXT year for BB10 with a keypad. Gotta have my BlackBerry keypad .
    Same here. But I don't want to miss out on the 9930 I sure hope RIM makes a Victory like BB10! I love the look and specs!
    04-11-12 01:45 PM
    I love my 9850. But I wouldn't waste belief points to upgrade. With BB10 devices coming out (and I know USCC is usually a few months behind other carriers), I wouldn't upgrade to the 9850 or 9350. It's too short of time. They should carry the BlackBerry devices, all carriers will. They know that in order to get those expensive BES accounts, you have to have the device.

But you earned those belief points. Don't jump the gun. I'm sooooo glad I got the 9850..but that was back last October....hopefully, only a few months left until the new devices come out.

On the part of the devices, why would they get more? I know some want the 99xx, but they carry the 9850 and 9350 (some stores still have the 9650). With the 9850 as touch screen, I doubt they would find it necessary. Not saying it isn't, just staying from what I've seen from them in the past, this is their usual philosophy.
    04-11-12 01:53 PM
    I'd been toying with the idea to switch over to Android, and recently offered a very nice Android phone. However, I'm going to hang with BB for now because of my PlayBook.

I'm currently applying for every contest to win ANY international BB, as I actually live and travel around Mexico.

If not for my PB, I would be Android.
    04-11-12 01:55 PM
    For me, BlackBerry just gets it done. It's easy to use. It keeps me connected with the people I care about, and allows me to do what I need to do.
    This is how I feel about my BB too, when it works. I now have the non-functioning button, non-functioning media player, and loss of sound issues discussed in other threads. It's very discouraging. I don't know if I can live with the 9850 for another year until USCC gets the BB10's. If I can't, then I'll have to switch to Verizon (new 2 year contract) for an iPhone. Not excited at the prospect.
    04-13-12 12:14 PM
    Will probaly try out the BB10 first when it comes out. So yes.
    04-13-12 12:17 PM
    This is how I feel about my BB too, when it works. I now have the non-functioning button, non-functioning media player, and loss of sound issues discussed in other threads. It's very discouraging. I don't know if I can live with the 9850 for another year until USCC gets the BB10's. If I can't, then I'll have to switch to Verizon (new 2 year contract) for an iPhone. Not excited at the prospect.
    I don't have these issues with my 9850. On latest from USCC. Have you tried a wipe and fresh install?
    04-13-12 12:44 PM
    Yes the new Bold 10 or whatever they call it will be in my hands operating within 24 hours of Launch.
    04-13-12 12:46 PM
    I don't have these issues with my 9850. On latest from USCC. Have you tried a wipe and fresh install?
    USCC .342 caused some of my issues. Per USCC tech support, I just downgraded back to 7.0. Will see if that helps, although I can't see how it can fix the button problem. USCC said they will replace the phone if my problems aren't resolved.
    04-13-12 12:56 PM
    Although I do really like my 9850 I was hoping they would get the bold and the curve just seemed to be behind on hardware. Having a pb now I don't care about the phone screen size as my phone is only used for calls, text and my pb's connection to the world.
    04-13-12 01:02 PM
    BlackBerry, without the shadow of a doubt. It gets the job done, and nicely on top of that.
    04-13-12 01:09 PM
    short and simple... yes... it serves my needs.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    04-13-12 01:17 PM
    I love my 9850 but I have thought of moving to at&t just cuz they always have plenty of blackberry selections. You know they will have bb10 phones
    04-13-12 05:01 PM
    Too bad at&t have crappy coverage where I live but really the phones are the only good thing about that company.
    04-13-12 07:37 PM
    The problem with the Androids from US Cellular is that only the high end devices are somewhat good. If you get one of the lowend devices (and most of them are lowend), the OS of your Android is already outdated before you even open the package and in most cases upgrades are not available. Most updates for Android OS are only available to high end devices.
    Just something to think about.
    04-20-12 08:33 PM
    I'm starting to lean towards getting an Android this fall IF the Galaxy Nexus or SGIII are LTE and available at a decent (under $100) price during Black Friday or another late year sale. Whispers of the Nexus coming in July in fact, while the SGIII may be more towards Xmas time.
    05-05-12 09:34 PM
    Yes, BB10 will be my next device, even if I have to leave USAC (US Android Cellular) to get BB10 (Torch 9850 & PB right now)
    05-11-12 02:12 PM
    Yes, BB10 will be my next device, even if I have to leave USAC (US Android Cellular) to get BB10 (Torch 9850 & PB right now)

The only way USCC is going to look at BB10 is if Samsung licenses it from RIM and puts it on their phones. <sarcasm>

Sent from my BlackBerry 9350 using Tapatalk
    05-11-12 02:17 PM
    With the Droid Razr, SGIII, and Galaxy Nexus all likely available in the fall as dual-core LTE devices and BB10 probably not available until late winter/early spring, I will probably make the jump to one of the Android devices.
    05-11-12 02:48 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD