This is the headline I wanna see at the end of this year to early 2013 when RIM release the new BB10 devices! Can RIM meet the challenge and make people envy the upcoming phones so much so that they change carriers?
    04-10-12 11:12 PM
    I would love to see this to, but somehow I doubt it who knows though anything is possible and I will be rooting for rim and bb forever
    04-10-12 11:17 PM
    I think they can! And I also don't think they need to be class leading in terms of specs. Though I really hope they are.
    house78 likes this.
    04-10-12 11:17 PM
    ...With the Storm 3 and the resurrection of Surepress?
    04-11-12 12:03 AM
    Being one of TOP 4 still means lot and make lot of money. The Smartphone market is just taking off
    04-11-12 12:12 AM
    yeah, I read this on the news.
    04-11-12 05:38 AM
    if they keep up with this level and standard of marketing, i would actually place bets against this happening.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-11-12 05:58 AM
    Click...click...click.

Wow surepress is pretty *;5:4?1!5!5!4'4!6!4;"*+8!5'*=

Moving on....

No way. I hope BB10 does good!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 on 7.1.0.342 with Tapatalk and my fingers
    Mystic205 likes this.
    04-11-12 06:38 AM
    Marketing can put lipstick on a pig.. would that help sell you a pig when you want a puppy?

You need to open your eyes and face the reality of the lacklustre products that RIM have.. RIM are currently trying to redirect that prior product out mentality towards devices that customers actually want. But thats 4Q12 at best.

But you and the legions of "more ads" "better PR" whining folks simply have no connection to the realities of this business in general and marketing in particular.

if they keep up with this level and standard of marketing, i would actually place bets against this happening.

04-11-12 06:41 AM
    you doubt the strength of marketing? let's see if you can convince the world that they need a tablet.

i don't really care if the product is inferior or not. selling it is a completely different issue.

no one is questioning rim's products relative to the competition. create an entire market out of nothing by yourself before you come here and provide worthless lip service on the idea of actually selling something.

Marketing can put lipstick on a pig.. would that help sell you a pig when you want a puppy?

You need to open your eyes and face the reality of the lacklustre products that RIM have.. RIM are currently trying to redirect that prior product out mentality towards devices that customers actually want. But thats 4Q12 at best.

But you and the legions of "more ads" "better PR" whining folks simply have no connection to the realities of this business in general and marketing in particular.

04-11-12 11:07 AM
    lol

Would be nice but no.
    04-11-12 12:00 PM
    By Storm ?? surepress al the way
    04-11-12 04:00 PM
    You obviously failed to bother to read, or understand my post.

I do not doubt the strength of marketing .. nowhere in my post did I do that (and it would be disengenous of me to do so.. given my track record).

If the products are inferior and fail to meet the basic needs of the customers then they wont sell regardless of marketing message or ad campaign..at that point, on the basis of continued campaign, the company sends the strong message to the customer base that it (the company) is completely out of touch with reality... and given RIM sales dive, this is exactly what has happened (if you did not notice).. hence the "you can put lipstick on a pig" comment.. (fyi, it is a common term that professional marketers use)

I suggest, if you have an opinion or point to make then make it in a civil and professional manner, or if you would like to PM and do this offline feel free to so so, assuming you are happy to disclose your experience and qualifications related to such a topic.

but seriously you need to cut down the childish internet bravado if you expect anyone otherwise to give any credence to your comments..

you doubt the strength of marketing? let's see if you can convince the world that they need a tablet.

i don't really care if the product is inferior or not. selling it is a completely different issue.

no one is questioning rim's products relative to the competition. create an entire market out of nothing by yourself before you come here and provide worthless lip service on the idea of actually selling something.

04-11-12 06:33 PM
    with a statement like that you expect me to take your invitation to enter a civil debate seriously?

you seem to indicate that you are more qualified than me in this field and thus your comments are more worthy than mine. quit your job as a keyboard warrior and take your resume to rim if you feel that you are in a better position than everyone else on this forum to make commentary.

otherwise, i would suggest you step down from that imaginary pedestal before you lose any more respect from the users of this forum.

04-12-12 03:02 AM
    BB10 will be bashed by thousands media for not having physical keyboard

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Crackberry Apps
    04-12-12 04:41 AM
    BB10 will be bashed by thousands media for not having physical keyboard

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Crackberry Apps
    No it will be bashed for being made by RIM.

Sent via tapatalk using the Samsung Galaxy Note
    04-12-12 06:20 AM
    No it will be bashed for being made by RIM.

Sent via tapatalk using the Samsung Galaxy Note
    Yes even if it is better than anything else.
    04-12-12 06:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD