I was very happy with Sprint Navigation. I was actually impressed how well it functioned on my 9650. I have seen others using telenav with Android have issues while my turn by turn navigation was dead on. A week or two ago, I was notified there was an upgrade. I downloaded the upgrade and was left with regular telenav app. The one with the blue icon. I seem to have serious problems with it. My BB will freeze up halfway to the destination. Alot of times, it can't even find the bird and once it loses gps signal, it does not seem to be able to recover it again. It oftentimes cannot keep up with the driving and lags behind. I have deleted, and redownloaded repeatedly, and I cannot seem to find the a version of the older, Sprint Navigation app. Anybody know where I could find the older version?
    04-10-12 05:43 PM
    angry?.... wow
    04-10-12 06:28 PM
    You do know that telenav and sprint navigation is 1 and the same app don't you. It just isn't being called sprint navigation anymore.
    04-10-12 06:54 PM
    You do know that telenav and sprint navigation is 1 and the same app don't you. It just isn't being called sprint navigation anymore.
    Yes, And since the upgrade, it doesn't function properly. I would prefer to use the older "Sprint" version as it's performance was above and beyond better. And Angry, yes. I depended on Telenav on a daily basis for my job. Making my job difficult and frustrating is not what I pay for with my phone or carrier.
    04-12-12 08:07 PM
    lol...

well in reference to your signature, it wasn't broke, so you tried to fix it?..

i have no issues with telenav, it works fine on my 9930 and for others i know, In your case, why not simply d/l google maps and try that?

Or if you want to purse a solution with your phone, sprint and telenav, do a wipe and clean install, get service books pushed and start from scratch..
    04-13-12 07:34 AM
    Have you tried BB Traffic? It's free and I have seen some solid reviews for it. I have never had an issue with Telenav, but if you are, maybe give BB Traffic a try.
    04-13-12 07:47 AM
    I was very happy with Sprint Navigation. I was actually impressed how well it functioned on my 9650. I have seen others using telenav with Android have issues while my turn by turn navigation was dead on. A week or two ago, I was notified there was an upgrade. I downloaded the upgrade and was left with regular telenav app. The one with the blue icon. I seem to have serious problems with it. My BB will freeze up halfway to the destination. Alot of times, it can't even find the bird and once it loses gps signal, it does not seem to be able to recover it again. It oftentimes cannot keep up with the driving and lags behind. I have deleted, and redownloaded repeatedly, and I cannot seem to find the a version of the older, Sprint Navigation app. Anybody know where I could find the older version?
    I don't have any suggestions for you as I am using TeleNav on the 9930 without problem. But, my BF still has his 9650 and after the TeleNav upgrade he is experiencing the same problems as you. Prior to the ugrade he didn't have any issues (nor did I while on my 9650 pre-TeleNav upgrade). It is frustrating and forces a reboot in order to use the device at all. There's got to be a bug somewhere.
    04-29-12 10:01 AM
    I have a 9650 as well, and I saw the "new" TeleNav upgrade, but haven't updated the Sprint navigation.....it works flawlessly. After reading this Thread, I think I will just keep the old version. Thanks
    04-29-12 10:17 AM
    Before I left sprint I was angry that normal apps were updating and causing lagging on the device. I called and called to get an early upgrade from my 9650 to a 9930 and the wouldn't budge. So I left them for att since my 9650 was running like crap.

I do miss sprint nav on my 9650 for free but I use bbtraffic for when I'm in a pinch and I'm lost.

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-03-12 12:42 AM
    When I purchased the Sprint BOLD 9930, I had no other choice, but to download the TeleNav GPS. I can say that it's working good so far with NO problems.
    05-04-12 10:38 PM
    I'm using telenav on my blackberry 9850 with no issues

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850
    05-07-12 06:54 PM
    OP i have sprint as well and a 9650 im not having that issue that you describe its working as well as the old one. I would try re installing it, and forget about the old version i used to have the .cod files for it but it would never launch the app after installing them so i don't think its even possible good luck
    05-10-12 08:09 PM
    i had the same exact problem with mine

i think the link is

Sprint Navigator

it should replace telenav with sprint nav
    just remember never to upgrade it
    05-22-12 12:36 PM
    Mine was a forced upgrade - no choice. Was very weird. I now have no turn by turn on the screen, only voice and a map and the map is scaled way back and does not keep up with what is being said in the turn by turn. Also, I was told by Sprint that the 9900 wasn't supported in the old Sprint Navigation and that I either had to use Telenav or buy something else.
    05-26-12 09:10 PM
    Well here's a link to the non sprint telenav.
    TeleNav OTA

Go to it from your phone and choose your phone and download. That's how I put it on my nav app blocked att 9900. Lol
    05-30-12 12:20 AM
    Thanks for the link. Tonight was the first night I used the app in a while and it asked me to download again and I started having problems. It stalled while driving to my destination and I had to close it out and go back to recent addresses to continue. I don't know what the deal is with it . Unfortunately, I don't want to download anything dealing with Google and that means Google Maps.
    06-03-12 04:28 AM
    Thanks for the link. Tonight was the first night I used the app in a while and it asked me to download again and I started having problems. It stalled while driving to my destination and I had to close it out and go back to recent addresses to continue. I don't know what the deal is with it . Unfortunately, I don't want to download anything dealing with Google and that means Google Maps.

Blackberry maps works just as good as google maps.

Sent from my Bold using Tapatalk
    06-03-12 10:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD