Hello:

I'm looking for the GM Onstar RemoteLink app for my BB Bold. I saw the video posted back in January where they had it running on the tablet. Any ideas as to where I may find it or has it yet to be released to the public?

Cheers

Jack
    04-10-12 12:24 PM
    Bumping this post as I've had no replies though a number of views.

Anybody know about this app for the Blackberry?

Cheers

Jack
    04-17-12 01:51 PM
    Yes it is a shame that GM and Onstar can't seem to support their customers.
    Many of us have company supplied Blackberrys and expensive GM vehicles and GM/ONSTAR are letting us down. It is also interesting that Hyundai USA has announced that their new Blue Link car connect application would be coming to BlackBerry in the coming months. GM (who owns Onstar)got a government bailout so it can not be for lack of money. Maybe they are working with Verizon to push Android and Iphones since they use alot more data than Blackberrys which will increase Verizons profits.
    05-18-12 08:48 AM
    Hello:

I'm looking for the GM Onstar RemoteLink app for my BB Bold. I saw the video posted back in January where they had it running on the tablet. Any ideas as to where I may find it or has it yet to be released to the public?

Cheers

Jack
    Check appworld. Its available in there. I just downloaded it this even for my 9930 and use it for my 2011 GMC Sierra. Works good.
    05-18-12 11:47 PM
    Is this app for the bold series only? I could not find it for my 9810.
    05-19-12 12:12 PM
    Is this app for the bold series only? I could not find it for my 9810.
    To be honest, I have no clue. I seen a tweet from Alec Saunders from May 18 that had the following link posted and it took me to Appworld where I was able to download it.

Here is the link.... http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/search/remotelink/

Edit: fixed link
    Last edited by Nick Jacobs; 05-19-12 at 08:03 PM.
    05-19-12 07:59 PM
    It's available for my 9900 on Appworld.
    05-20-12 10:22 AM
    Well it figures. They still aren't supporting the 9850 or 9860.
    05-20-12 03:45 PM
    It probably works on any OS7 device, but it's restricted to the Bold, and only available to people in the US. I really don't understand why some developers do this.

Can someone post the .cod file?
    05-21-12 06:27 PM
    Well it figures. They still aren't supporting the 9850 or 9860.
    Well, at least you HAVE a BB application. Toyota told me that they do not intend to have a Safety Connect (their version of On-Star) app for Blackberry. Only iPhone and Android. And their Entune (media) application IS supported on BB, but NOT for OS6 or OS7.
    Last edited by CharlesH; 05-21-12 at 06:32 PM.
    05-21-12 06:29 PM
    I installed it on my Blackberry Bold 9930. Then I connected it to the blackberry manager and used the option to switch devices and backup all third party apps which created alx and cod files. I then connected my Torch 9850 and imported the application.
    It installed successfully and works great.
    Last edited by Radiotech1; 05-25-12 at 05:28 PM.
    05-25-12 04:19 PM
    I installed it on my Blackberry Bold 9930. Then I connected it to the blackberry manager and used the option to switch devices and backup all third party apps which created alx and cod files. I then connected my Torch 9850 and imported the application.
    It installed successfully and works great.
    Are you referring to the Toyota app or the GM app? I thought the 9930 was not supported for Toyota Entune. I did the device-switch game for the Toyota app using a Storm 9530.
    05-26-12 02:38 PM
    I am talking about the Onstar App on the 9850 Torch.
    CharlesH likes this.
    05-27-12 08:33 AM
    Does anyone have .jad file for this app ?
    05-27-12 11:06 PM
    If the app was made in HTML5, why don't they put it on all BlackBerries? I just don't understand? We have seen it on Playbook demoed too. I know that the 9900/9930 is a popular model, but come on. RIM should also get rim of this US only app policy. Does Iphone and Android do this?
    05-29-12 03:35 AM
    Has anyone found a resolution to this? - I like the idea of installing it and then backing up 3rd party apps with desktop manager but, because I've updated my Bold 9900 to OS 7.1 I can't install the app in the first place... I'd rather not go through downgrading the OS, installing the app, backing it up and then upgrading back to 7.1 if I don't have to. Let me change that last part... I won't bother.

I've tried contacting the 'contact' for the app asking if they could update it to include OS 7.1 for the supported devices but haven't recieved any replies.

I've considered trying to get source files for Android and running them on the PB, has anyone tried that yet?

- I don't have an android device (other than player on PB) so I'm not sure how I can download the .apk anyways..?
    07-11-12 05:39 PM
    Onstar remote link app is now available on more devices as I just downloaded on my torch 9850 . This app works on a lot of 2010 and newer GM vehicles. And it works great.

Link :
    Free OnStar RemoteLink - Download OnStar RemoteLink - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World
    10-10-12 10:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD