What happened?

I have a 9360 running 7.1.0.336 and at some point (I wasn't using the device, it was on my desk right next to me - locked - when this happened) it simply started to reboot.

What's happening now?
    When I put the battery into my 9360 it displays the red LED for 3-4 seconds and starts to boot, at about 60% of the progress bar it shoots forward to 100% and reboots (with the red LED on again etc.)

I tried:
    - reflashing it with Loader.exe and the same firmware (didn't work/unable to connect)
    - BBSAK/javaloader -wipe (unable to connect)
    - reflashing it with Loader.exe and /nojvm (works, but still rebooting)
    - removing my SIM card and put the battery in (still rebooting)
    - removing my �SD card and put the battery in (still rebooting)

... I researched with Google, on crackberry, on the blackberry support forums but I couldn't find anything helpful for my a case so far.

I'm thankful for any hints.

When reflashing the firmware ("device software") successfully using the /nojvm parameter, I tried using the same firmware (7.1.0.336), and older firmware (7.1.0.258) as well as something closer to the original firmware (7.0.0.594)... none of them showed a different result. Since they are all "shrunk" firmwares, I'll try reflashing my berry with the originals and see if I get any different results.
    04-09-12 01:24 PM
    More than likely you will have to restore to the very first factory original OS7 that your carrier had for the phone... if your phone is branded Orange then install that original version OS7 ...you also have to delete all other OS7 versions from your PC in order to do the proper upgrade as well...You have to bring it back to original factory settings and start all over again...
    Also what system are you running Windows XP or Windows 7 or Vista to do upgrade?

For easier battery pull do the following..

left side keyboard alt key with right side del key with aA^ key pressing at the same time will do a battery pull without pulling the battery..

I had a similar problem when i tried to upgrade when i got mine...
    This worked for me i have had no issues since and running OS7.1.0.336 nice..
    berrynewbie9000 likes this.
    04-09-12 02:58 PM
    Thank you for your suggestion!

My issue with this is that I bought my blackberry unlocked from Amazon without a service provider... but I'll keep trying to install older "more original" firmwares.

So far, even any unchanged (from the Blackberry original) firmwares haven't brought any news... after flashing, it still keeps rebooting.

I may have to look for more radical (maybe more direct) ways to wipe this device - maybe there's a direct serial/JTAG/similar method to wipe it.
    04-09-12 04:20 PM
    Maybe its something to do with the battery getting a bit loose when it hits up, you tried jamming a piece of paper between the battery door and battery?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    04-09-12 04:59 PM
    I am on Fido in Canada and I just started having the exact same problem today. Just left it on my desk and when I went to check messages, it was rebooting itself. Hasn't turned on ever since.

Please post if you figure out what the problem is and the solution.
    04-09-12 11:00 PM
    Maybe its something to do with the battery getting a bit loose when it hits up, you tried jamming a piece of paper between the battery door and battery?
    Sadly this is not the cause for the reboot-issue - I tried, but given that the 9360 is quite new (2 weeks old) and hardly used, I suppose another reason may be more likely.
    Thanks though!

I tried older firmwares (unchanged from their original state as delieved by blackberry.com) but so far to no avail.

Is anyone here tech-savy enough to know whether or not the tech-support people of BlackBerry have special hardware to wipe/reflash phones?
    ... If yes, I'll see if my current cellphone provider has one of those reprogramming/flash-machines and is willing to have a go at it. (I haven't bought it there, but who knows, they may be friendly enough to make an exception and still fix it for me.)
    04-10-12 02:45 AM
    OK, I even tried "http://forums.crackberry.com/tips-ho...kberry-320759/" a few times with different firmwares (at the last step the reboot-cycle starts again) - I give up.

I'm sending my 9360 back to Amazon and will use my old but well-working Samsung Omnia 4 (Windows Mobile 6.5) again...

Really, I'm no longer wondering why things are going downhill for RIM. When installing an official upgrade can get your device bricked, especially a long time later without any user-interaction... best way to scare away a customer.
    04-11-12 05:46 PM
    OK, I even tried "http://forums.crackberry.com/tips-ho...kberry-320759/" a few times with different firmwares (at the last step the reboot-cycle starts again) - I give up.

I'm sending my 9360 back to Amazon and will use my old but well-working Samsung Omnia 4 (Windows Mobile 6.5) again...

Really, I'm no longer wondering why things are going downhill for RIM. When installing an official upgrade can get your device bricked, especially a long time later without any user-interaction... best way to scare away a customer.

I'm so sorry to hear and read this, I can feel your pain, but alas you may be part of the unlucky minority, I would also send it back (must be a hassle) and even if it's a bit more buy your phone from a store, stuff like phones are always better brought brand new from a store you can take it back to and talk to someone.

Once again I really do emphasize with you
    04-11-12 06:33 PM
    If you bought it as a new phone, it should have warranty and can be replaced.

If you bought it used than you are out of luck.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9350 using Tapatalk
    04-12-12 04:01 PM
    I'm so sorry to hear and read this, I can feel your pain, but alas you may be part of the unlucky minority, I would also send it back (must be a hassle) and even if it's a bit more buy your phone from a store, stuff like phones are always better brought brand new from a store you can take it back to and talk to someone.

Once again I really do emphasize with you
    I bought it brand new via Amazon without a contract and unlocked end of February... I'll try to get my value back (maybe even have Amazon exchange it if that's possible - laws in Europe/Austria are rather pro-consumer, more than in US - maybe that'll help.)

I do appreciate your empathy!
    While I had it (working), it really proved to be a great device.

I hope RIM will make it, given the recent change of leadership and its new roadmap.
    It's bad enough that there only seems to be one company left producing work(ing) cellphones that aren't primarily toys/multimedia devices these days... I'd hate to see them go under. (Then again, maybe Windows Phone 8 will get more enterprise-friendly, hey ...they might even have one producer give a blackberry bar-style qwerty-cellphone a chance - I can still dream. Dell failed most miserably, but then again the OS was by far not ready then.)
    04-14-12 11:47 AM
    If you bought it as a new phone, it should have warranty and can be replaced.

If you bought it used than you are out of luck.
    Do you by any chance know more about the topic of warranty?
    As far as I can tell, RIM never provides any enduser/consumer service to customers - only the seller (which usually is a cellphone provider) does that. Am I correct there, or is there a way around this limitation?

(Or does working around that make little to no sense, given Amazons way to try to amicably solve most customer-related problems?)

Thanks!
    04-14-12 11:50 AM
    Do you by any chance know more about the topic of warranty?

As far as I can tell, RIM never provides any enduser/consumer service to customers - only the seller (which usually is a cellphone provider) does that. Am I correct there, or is there a way around this limitation?

(Or does working around that make little to no sense, given Amazons way to try to amicably solve most customer-related problems?)

Thanks!

Whenever I've had a warranty claim I've returned it to where I bought it.

RIM provides a warranty to the original purchaser but I think the claims are handled through the retailer.

The first place to check is with Amazon.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9350 using Tapatalk
    berrynewbie9000 likes this.
    04-14-12 09:18 PM
    Has Anyone found a fix for this rebooting dropping connection thingy yet????

I have tried everything I was able to find battery in or out
    DOS level or not Device manager or not, even looked at linberry for LInux (just basic so far)

Bink and bonk after erase and load...Will not initiate ...Bink.....................Bonk

I will admit it just keeps bink bonking after the software gives up...

So is there another program to access the monster...Or a screw to tighten up...LOL

Can it be jtaged ? Filled with rice and slow boiled? Sent to China (Just kidding it's the only one left).

Storm 9530 MADE IN CANADA by Canadian workers...
    05-27-12 02:17 PM
    dang i thought this only happens to 9900. im still waiting for a replacement for my 9900 that bricked/ nuke same. currently using 9360. if this happens again grrrrr. hope not.
    05-27-12 11:59 PM
    FYI - the support center (provided by Amazon) couldn't handle the issue and forwarded it to RIM.

Guess what: they couldn't repair it either.
    They offered to either send back the damaged one or send me a new one (or money back if they don't have one).

I emailed them I want a new one... and I hope this won't happen again.

PS: I briefly considered upgrading to a 9790, but given the quality of BB in my (admittedly limited) experience I'll wait until 2013 before I give RIM some money again. I hope BB10 is a success, but they'll probably provide too little too late (again).
    Last edited by berrynewbie9000; 08-01-12 at 12:05 PM.
    08-01-12 12:00 PM
    I got my new 9360 berry today... so far everything works well.

After updating the BB Desktop software, they even offered to upgrade the firmware to 7.0.0.594 ... but so far I'll wait how long the device original 7.0.0.530 works out (incl. its battery runtime.)
    08-07-12 09:32 AM
    I have few BB9900 facing the same problem as the original post. I also have tried everything as the post originator did to fix this issue to no avail. Now my question is, would anybody know how to actually resolve this problem?. I will compensate anybody that could help me with the resolution of this problem ASAP as I have few dead and non-working phones here with me.
    06-21-13 02:53 PM
    Would really appreciate any help I could get on my above post.
    06-30-13 07:46 AM
    Hi everyone. I recently purchased a blackberry 9360 .it works fine without the sim card (offline).but when ever I put the sim in the phone it starts up fine but when it catches the signals it just hangs and then restarts.
    It was doing this on the OS 7.1 so I degraded it to the OS 7.0, but still it keeps on restarting.
    Does anyone know how I can fix it?
    10-10-13 03:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD