I upgraded my os and now I can't browse the web via wifi. I do not have the data plan as I have access to wifi pretty much everywhere I am. Before the upgrade I could just connect to any wireless signal and off I would go. Now I get the tmobile brower and it says I need to subscribe to the data plan. Anybody know what the story is?
    09-12-08 02:51 PM
    I have run into a very similar issue with my Wifi Curve.

On two seperate occasions, the new OS I installed refused to connect to Wifi, even with manual settings.

I currently have 4.5.0.55 installed and it is working correctly.
    09-12-08 02:53 PM
    I had the same problem b/c I don't have data either and it wouldn't let me browse with wifi. Now mine works and here's what I got: under mobile network options I have it set to WiFi preferred. Then when in the BB browser go to options-browser configuration-browser and make sure Hotspot Browser is selected. I think it has tzones auto selected which won't let you surf w/o data b/c u have wifi preferred on and give you the error message when trying to surf (from my experiences at least). This confused me at first b/c with the old OS the browser options were tzones and something else like wifi browser not Hotspot Browser. Hope this helps!
    09-12-08 03:17 PM
    I had the same problem b/c I don't have data either and it wouldn't let me browse with wifi. Now mine works and here's what I got: under mobile network options I have it set to WiFi preferred. Then when in the BB browser go to options-browser configuration-browser and make sure Hotspot Browser is selected. I think it has tzones auto selected which won't let you surf w/o data b/c u have wifi preferred on and give you the error message when trying to surf (from my experiences at least). This confused me at first b/c with the old OS the browser options were tzones and something else like wifi browser not Hotspot Browser. Hope this helps!
    I followed your instructions and it keeps reverting back to the t-mobile browser and asking me to sign up for the data plan. Really weird.
    09-12-08 03:46 PM
    so you have it set like this.....go to options>advanced options>browser>default browser configuration: Hotspot Broswer.....hmmmm I'm pretty sure that was my problem all along and it worked. When you are connected to wifi do you browse thru the BB browser? Don't go thru the tzones app button thing b/c then it automatically puts you back from Hotspot Browser to tzones...maybe this is your problem??
    09-12-08 04:04 PM
    so you have it set like this.....go to options>advanced options>browser>default browser configuration: Hotspot Broswer.....hmmmm I'm pretty sure that was my problem all along and it worked. When you are connected to wifi do you browse thru the BB browser? Don't go thru the tzones app button thing b/c then it automatically puts you back from Hotspot Browser to tzones...maybe this is your problem??
    When i go into general properties i have it set to teh hotspot browser but then when I go to browser config no matter what I do it defaults back to the tmobile browser. Argh......
    09-12-08 04:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD