I've had the Torch for a while now, and it never occured to me to bring this up here even though this was one of my first stops after I got the phone.

It seems my Torch just flat out hates WiFi as it refuses to pick up a router, whether it's mine a strangers or even a public domain. They don't even show up on the list of available networks whether they're encrypted or not.

I'm wondering if anyone's had this issue, if it's a possible hardware issue, or is there any way to get it working without having to turn the Torch in for repairs.
    04-09-12 12:05 AM
    weird. sorry Geno ive never had that issue or heard of it yet. hopefully someone comes along with an answer for ya
    04-09-12 10:07 AM
    Neither do I have that problem on my 9810. I use wifi at home, work and hotspots all day long.
    04-09-12 10:12 AM
    try the following...
    1.connected securely by pressing the router button
    2.connect manually.
    for manual you have to call you internet provider.
    see the following picture

Sent from my 7.1 BlackBerry® 9810 using new CB App.
    04-09-12 01:44 PM
    try the following...
    1.connected securely by pressing the router button
    2.connect manually.
    for manual you have to call you internet provider.
    see the following picture

Sent from my 7.1 BlackBerry� 9810 using new CB App.
    I don't have a Netgear router so the PnC option isn't there for me.

As for connecting manually, I just have to enter the information for my router manually, not call anyone lol. Still no success though.

Thanks for your help guys, I'm gonna try and get it fixed soon as I can.
    04-10-12 09:51 AM
    My 9810 is with AT&T and I have never had a wifi problem. I still have to set it up on the phone if I am "looking for a network" but if I'm in someplace that has it, the phone detects it automatically. I have serveral saved locations on my connectivity screen and depending where I'm at, I can log on without searching for the wifi source. I do have a wifi aleart app on the phone that automatically turns it off if I leave an area, like my house for example. That is something everyone should have so it doesn't contiune to "search" for sources and run your battery down.
    I know this is probably a dumb question as you seem very phone savey, but have you gone to "options/Wifi Network, and set it up to "show only open networks", etc, and search for sites? I'm sure you have but if by chance not, start there and good luck.
    04-10-12 04:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD