I would like to utilize the capabilites of the native email and calendar within OS2. Charter is my ISP and I would like to use that with my Playbooks native email syetem. I use Outlook 2010 and currently I am bridged with the 9930. What would I have to do in order to get my Outlook to sync contacts and calendar with the native email. I believe I read somewhere where subscribing to Office 365 and using a exchange server to make that happen. If I went that route, if its possible would the data on the pc sync the contents of email contacts and calendar with the online exchange server allowing the Playbook to sync with the exchange server to contain the same data as the outlook data on the pc?

*edit: I find that importing contacts from webmail a pain and I can not remember if Charter webmail contains a calendar.

Thanks
    04-08-12 10:15 PM
    Nick, have a good search on the forums, lots of answers to your questions already

I also use a third party ISP / POP3 Email Host (and Outlook on my desktop)

Following advice in the forums:
    Had to create a gmail account (free) and use google sync (free) to sync twixt outlook (desktop) and bb9900 phone and playbook
    This got all my contacts across onto the PlayBook

There are other methods of doing the same thing not using google sync (but I think you need to use a credit card to do those) - eg many ways to skin a cat

Hope this helps

Alex

It only took about 10 minutes
    04-08-12 10:50 PM
    Nick, have a good search on the forums, lots of answers to your questions already

I also use a third party ISP / POP3 Email Host (and Outlook on my desktop)

Following advice in the forums:
    Had to create a gmail account (free) and use google sync (free) to sync twixt outlook (desktop) and bb9900 phone and playbook
    This got all my contacts across onto the PlayBook
    (It only took about 10 minutes in total)

There are other methods of doing the same thing not using google sync (but I think you need to use a credit card to do those) - eg many ways to skin a cat

Hope this helps

Alex
    04-08-12 10:51 PM
    Nick

I followed this advice
    http://crackberry.com/how-sync-your-...berry-playbook

Worked like a charm

Let me know if it works for you too

Alex
    04-09-12 07:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD