Research in Motion updated their Yahoo and Google Talk clients for BlackBerry devices to version 2.0. These are available for download by accessing http://mobile.blackberry.com on your BlackBerry device. It would appear the update includes better contacts management, as well as contact picture enhancements (aka avatars and buddy icons). The Yahoo client, still blocked by AT&T for reasons still unknown, also reportedly adds interoperability with Windows Live Messenger and file sending capabilities.
    Last edited by Bla1ze; 10-25-07 at 07:49 AM.
    10-25-07 07:46 AM
    Ill stick with Jive Talk
    10-25-07 08:12 AM
    thanks i'll keep that in mine great news
    10-25-07 10:58 AM
    Yeah too bad y! Messenger won't install fully. It installs just fine, but no icon. When I restart, I get some weird error:
    Uncaught exception
    Java.lang.error

I reinstalled, did the battery pull thing, but still no messenger. :-(

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-07 11:00 AM
    just so everybody knows yahoo messenger version 2.0 does not have service for At&T clients. I hope they fix that soon!
    10-25-07 11:47 AM
    just so everybody knows yahoo messenger version 2.0 does not have service for At&T clients. I hope they fix that soon!
    Thats an AT&T enforced issue, not a RIM issue...just in case you were unsure about that.
    10-25-07 01:45 PM
    Oh trust, Wrigley and I are well aware of that. Just patiently waiting on the service book to install on our AT&T phones.
    10-25-07 02:43 PM
    Yeah too bad y! Messenger won't install fully. It installs just fine, but no icon. When I restart, I get some weird error:
    Uncaught exception
    Java.lang.error

I reinstalled, did the battery pull thing, but still no messenger. :-( <- ditto on that! like when i go to my application loader on my desktop manager it says its in my program but i keep getting this same error! has anyone figured this out cuz i love yahoo!
    10-25-07 06:39 PM
    The latest yahoo version takes away the ability to see when your contact is typing. It also now lists you as mobile. Only things I don't like.

10-26-07 12:19 AM
    Nevermind. I'm an *****. Typing shows at the top now.

10-26-07 12:29 AM
    See! I'm not the only one with this stupid error! I love yahoo too and this is just p-ing me off! I want my Yahoo! :-(

10-26-07 01:18 AM
    I fyou want your yahoo, just use jivetalk. You get your yahoo.
    10-26-07 07:08 AM
    I agree, Jive Talk is the best!
    11-05-07 11:27 AM
    Thanks for posting this, my week old 8320 was running version 1.x of both of these applications. Of to check out jive talk now.

11-05-07 04:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD