We have heard about the PlayBook 4G and it's coming sooner or later. Do you think if RIM will offer trade in programme for PlayBook user to upgrade to 4G?
    04-08-12 12:20 PM
    highly unlikely... what incentive would they have?
    04-08-12 12:24 PM
    What an unusual question. Why would they? Does anyone do this short of a car dealership?
    04-08-12 12:29 PM
    We have heard about the PlayBook 4G and it's coming sooner or later. Do you think if RIM will offer trade in programme for PlayBook user to upgrade to 4G?
    You can always try the secondary markets. Ebay. Etc.

Gazzelle, which is famous for buying mobile electronics does not list the PB on it's site as yet, but I do see a great many PBs on Craigslist here in NYC.
    04-08-12 12:55 PM
    No, they won't.
    04-08-12 01:16 PM
    Lol, you can't be serious.

Sent from my IPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    Mystic205 likes this.
    04-08-12 01:23 PM
    Umm, they do it with phones. I'm not saying it's likely to happen, but it wouldn't be a far stretch from what they already offer.
    04-08-12 02:03 PM
    Umm, they do it with phones.
    Really. Link?
    04-08-12 04:24 PM
    Really. Link?
    https://tradeup.blackberry.com/en/ca/web/home.html
    h20work likes this.
    04-08-12 04:27 PM
    Really. Link?

Blackberry Tradeup
    h20work likes this.
    04-08-12 04:28 PM
    The fine print on that offer tells me that program doesn't support any device as new as the PlayBook, as all of the devices on that list appear to be 2010 or older.
    04-08-12 04:33 PM
    Okay so I first read this and thought, definetly not... BUT they could re-sell them for $150 and actually make money! Or they could sell them in countries like India and China.
    04-08-12 04:36 PM
    The fine print on that offer tells me that program doesn't support any device as new as the PlayBook, as all of the devices on that list appear to be 2010 or older.
    You got owned. Admit defeat and move on.
    04-08-12 04:36 PM
    How dare you use facts in the news and rumors forum!

I've used the trade in program twice, but then again what the he// do I know
    04-08-12 06:56 PM
    When did I say it included the playbook? As someone who looks for flaws in other's posts, you should re-read what I actually said. I specifically said they offer it on phones. Thanks and happy easter
    Riedle likes this.
    04-08-12 07:00 PM
    I helped customers with the BlackBerry Trade Up project a lot when I worked at VZW. It's an ok deal of you don't want to deal with selling your device.

Personally, I'd sell here first, then try Amazon. I won't use ebay anymore because of their ridiculously high fees and terrible policies.

Failing that, the Trade Up program is an easy to use program to get some cache for your old device. Hopefully, BlackBerry will add the PlayBook wifi to the list.

Good question!
    h20work likes this.
    04-08-12 07:01 PM
    You got owned. Admit defeat and move on.
    Pretty friggin funny
    04-08-12 07:07 PM
    Is it actually known a FACT that there is a 4G Playbook coming? It's hard to imagine in light of what the whole fiasco has cost RIM. Frankly, I question the wisdom of making more tablets.
    04-08-12 11:46 PM
    Is it actually known a FACT that there is a 4G Playbook coming? It's hard to imagine in light of what the whole fiasco has cost RIM. Frankly, I question the wisdom of making more tablets.
    Unlike Apple, the Playbook isn't really the flagship product, BB10 is... And the playbook has really given them the opportunity to quickly develop and beta test the platform with a half million+ userbase. Just getting the devices in the hands of that many users represents a lot of consumer computing power. It exposes flaws in security, allowing them to plug holes and plan against future hacks, as has been done with the removal of the ability to downgrade and the changes coming for sideloading. It also allows them to poll the public for information about OS developments, as well as poach developers by introducing them through the android player (which I don't really care for and wouldn't mind being removed in favor of pure native apps.)

The PlayBook has really just been a sandbox for the development of the security and stability of BB10, key points which have always been RIM's strong suit. The 500 million dollar loss the PlayBook represents to RIM right now is more likely to be looked at as an investment in platform development this time next year.
    04-09-12 10:40 AM
    I'm asking myself what if there is a 4G version of PlayBook, will I buy another one just because there is a built-in 4G.

So, it would be great if there is trade in program so that I don't have to own 2 PlayBooks, and RIM can sell the refurbished PlayBook WiFi at a lower price to lure new customers to try out the PlayBook and hence increase the customer base.

Sorry for my stupid question and hope
    04-09-12 11:04 AM
    Unlike Apple, the Playbook isn't really the flagship product, BB10 is... And the playbook has really given them the opportunity to quickly develop and beta test the platform with a half million+ userbase. Just getting the devices in the hands of that many users represents a lot of consumer computing power. It exposes flaws in security, allowing them to plug holes and plan against future hacks, as has been done with the removal of the ability to downgrade and the changes coming for sideloading. It also allows them to poll the public for information about OS developments, as well as poach developers by introducing them through the android player (which I don't really care for and wouldn't mind being removed in favor of pure native apps.)

The PlayBook has really just been a sandbox for the development of the security and stability of BB10, key points which have always been RIM's strong suit. The 500 million dollar loss the PlayBook represents to RIM right now is more likely to be looked at as an investment in platform development this time next year.

Okay. So there is definitely going to be one or not?
    04-09-12 01:52 PM
    Okay. So there is definitely going to be one or not?
    everything indicates yes

they've been seen in photographs

they've been seen on the FCC
    http://crackberry.com/hspa-model-bla...ls-through-fcc

they are semi expected to arrive this month
    04-10-12 01:02 AM
    Given that the one strong competitive advantage that the PB has is bridge.. effectively free connectivity via BB, does anyone imagine the 4G PB will actually sell in volume?... how many LTE bands will this cover (out of the 21 or so to be in use)?.. so how many different carriers will use this?

So it will be restricted via carrier, restricted by coverage, and $30/mo (ish).. and a 2 year agreement..

that thing better make tea and tell jokes !
    04-10-12 08:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD