Okay, don't kill me. I've been "lurking" on other platform's websites.

Admittedly, I've been searching for a new phone to hold me over til BB10 comes out.

And the only REAL phone (pun intended if you've seen the recent ad campaign) I've been considering is the new Nokia Lumia 900. Has anyone had some hands on time with this thing?

Anyway, the reason why I'm posting here is because I think Windows Phone/Nokia have put together a very effective and funny ad campaign.

Just watch the videos.

Main site: The Nokia Smart Phone
    Videos: http://www.nokia.com/us-en/lumia900/

My favorite one is when the guy says it's a "win-win" just like mortgage-backed securities... ha!

Here's the Mobile Nations article:

http://www.windowscentral.com/smartp...ow-over-videos

I hope with everything in me that BB10 comes SOON and RIM has an ad campaign like this to really "stick it" to all the other "beta-phones" out there...

Last edited by jranciano; 04-07-12 at 11:24 PM.
    04-07-12 11:21 PM
    I am seriously looking at the Lumia 900 too. Beautiful looking phone.
    bigbmc26 likes this.
    04-07-12 11:40 PM
    I'm picking up a Nokia Lumia 900 on Monday.
    04-07-12 11:46 PM
    This should probably be in the WP forum.
    04-08-12 12:16 AM
    04-08-12 12:35 AM
    the first few videos posted, namely "Outside", "Fragile"...etc. was a tasteless shot at other manufacturers IMO. it just showed the weaknesses of other phones without showing the Lumia's own strength. Instead of taking a stab at other people's past mistakes, why not focus on the strength of your own product? Calling previous smartphone a beta product? So does that mean that every smartphone that Nokia had ever made previously was a beta product? What about the old Windows mobile os? was it a beta too? or just a prototype?

I like the Lumia series of Windows Phone, but definitely not this advertisement.
    harshalbid271 likes this.
    04-08-12 02:32 AM
    the first few videos posted, namely "Outside", "Fragile"...etc. was a tasteless shot at other manufacturers IMO. it just showed the weaknesses of other phones without showing the Lumia's own strength. Instead of taking a stab at other people's past mistakes, why not focus on the strength of your own product? Calling previous smartphone a beta product? So does that mean that every smartphone that Nokia had ever made previously was a beta product? What about the old Windows mobile os? was it a beta too? or just a prototype?

I like the Lumia series of Windows Phone, but definitely not this advertisement.
    It's just advertising. Don't take it personally.
    04-08-12 06:29 AM
    It's just advertising. Don't take it personally.

Haha I was going to say the same thing.

As for the l900 I would love to get my hands on one. All the tech bloggers love it and rave about speed.

I have some bbm friends that have had some hands on time with wp7 and say its fast and a lot of free apps that we would normally have to pay for.

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-08-12 08:06 AM
    While it looks to have some nice features, there are some drawbacks, also. Non-user replaceable battery. Non-expandable memory storage. Limited availability may hamper aftermarket accessories, too. If the wanna contend, they need to get it on more carriers.

Edit: There are already a number of cases out, so that will help appeal.
    Last edited by BergerKing; 04-08-12 at 08:24 AM.
    04-08-12 08:14 AM
    I've never used a Windows Phone but this one looks great. I assume it would sync with my Windows PC nicely?
    04-08-12 08:15 AM
    While it looks to have some nice features, there are some drawbacks, also. Non-user replaceable battery. Non-expandable memory storage. Limited availability may hamper aftermarket accessories, too. If the wanna contend, they need to get it on more carriers.

Well the battery and memory argument is not really a factor in consumers anymore I feel as apple has proved that people will still buy it if you can adjust those things.

From what my buddy tells me his wifes wp7 phone kills his berry in battery life also so not like you'll want an extra battery.

04-08-12 08:41 AM

The only accessory I'm getting is this one.

I already have a Seidio charging vault.
    04-08-12 09:20 AM
    I've never used a Windows Phone but this one looks great. I assume it would sync with my Windows PC nicely?
    Sync is done via SkyDrive.
    04-08-12 09:22 AM
    Well the battery and memory argument is not really a factor min consumers anymore I feel as apple has proved that people will still buy it if you can adjust those things.

From what my buddy tells me his wifes wp7 phone kills his berry in battery life also so not like you'll want an extra battery.

I'll grant for many users, they aren't that big a deal. 1850 mah battery on the Lumia, so that's pretty decent. And I can kill a battery. I like the ability to carry a spare, or replace one that gets hinky without sending for a refurb.
    04-08-12 09:26 AM
    The only accessory I'm getting is this one.

I already have a Seidio charging vault.
    Nice case, Laura. I'm getting a Trident Aegis, probably in Red for me and Pink for my wife. Similar to the Otterbox Commuter but made a bit nicer and not black like almost all non-iPhone OBs.

For charging and mobile power I have a 5300 mah rechargeable storage battery with a USB port , I can fully recharge at least twice on the go.
    Last edited by BergerKing; 04-08-12 at 09:34 AM.
    04-08-12 09:30 AM
    I'll grant for many users, they aren't that big a deal. 1850 mah battery on the Lumia, so that's pretty decent. And I can kill a battery. I like the ability to carry a spare, or replace one that gets hinky without sending for a refurb.
    I'll find out how the battery life is. I'm usually at a desk most of the time, so charging isn't a real big issue for me.

I have a friend who works alone on the night shift who streams Netflix on his iPhone, and he has not had issues with the battery on the iPhone. He is not near a charger, so he does not charge until he gets in his car after work.
    04-08-12 09:35 AM
    I prefer the Lumia 800's size, but the 900 is still a really great phone. Microsoft did the right thing by starting over with a new mobile OS.

And of course the Microsoft developer tools are great. I hope this becomes popular.
    04-08-12 11:06 AM
    yeah i agree this phone looks amazing. very tempting to pick one up for only 99$ on a 3 yr contract. but i still want to wait for BB10 and maybe choose from there. its still such a long time to wait..
    04-08-12 01:07 PM
    yeah i agree this phone looks amazing. very tempting to pick one up for only 99$ on a 3 yr contract. but i still want to wait for BB10 and maybe choose from there. its still such a long time to wait..
    Had I upgraded to a 9860 last year, I definitely would still wait for BB10. I've had an upgrade available since May 2011 and skipped the OS7 devices when I thought BB10 would be available early this year, as RIM originally said. Now I need to upgrade, since the old 9700 is really showing its age. Had BB10 been available now, I would get it; since it is not, and I cannot really wait any longer, I'm getting the Nokia Lumia 900 tomorrow.
    04-08-12 01:14 PM
    Oh my, with all these soon-2-be Nokia owners, I'm curious as to what you will post about in a Blackberry forum?

Silly me, I just realized that shouldn't be a concern...here, let me help with a title for the first thread on ship jumpers, "How Many Here Have Jumped the BlackBerry Beta Phone Sinking Ship and Bought a Nokia?"
    04-08-12 02:08 PM
    Oh my, with all these soon-2-be Nokia owners, I'm curious as to what you will post about in a Blackberry forum?

Silly me, I just realized that shouldn't be a concern...here, let me help with a title for the first thread on ship jumpers, "How Many Here Have Jumped the BlackBerry Beta Phone Sinking Ship and Bought a Nokia?"
    I've been here for a long time (almost 2 years), and RIM's financial reports have nothing to do with my decision. I know you do not own an OS7 BlackBerry device, but you do have an older device. Therefore, you know the limitations of the older devices, and you also own a newer device that is not a BlackBerry.

I do plan to post in this thread once I get my new device.

I also plan to stick around to help BlackBerry users. If you check my history, I have posted a lot in the threads related to specific help with BlackBerry (loading OS, etc). I am not a hater, basher, or troll.
    04-08-12 02:17 PM
    I've been here for a long time (almost 2 years), and RIM's financial reports have nothing to do with my decision. I know you do not own an OS7 BlackBerry device, but you do have an older device. Therefore, you know the limitations of the older devices, and you also own a newer device that is not a BlackBerry.

I do plan to post in this thread once I get my new device.

I also plan to stick around to help BlackBerry users. If you check my history, I have posted a lot in the threads related to specific help with BlackBerry (loading OS, etc). I am not a hater, basher, or troll.
    I do hate to disappoint you Laura, but my post is not about you or anyone who has expressed a desire to buy a Nokia. It (my post) is simply my expression of how silly threads get here on BlackBerry, especially these long winded, multi-page threads that somehow survive well past their expiration date, if for no other reason because they have absolutely nothing to do with BlackBerry. Just a lighthearted observation tinged with just a smidgen of levity.

Paranoia much?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-08-12 02:22 PM
    I do hate to disappoint you Laura, but my post is not about you or anyone who has expressed a desire to buy a Nokia. It (my post) is simply my expression of how silly threads get here on BlackBerry, especially these long winded, multi-page threads that somehow survive well past their expiration date, if for no other reason because they have absolutely nothing to do with BlackBerry. Just a lighthearted observation tinged with just a smidgen of levity.

Paranoia much?
    That makes a lot of sense! This thread should get moved to the Windows Phone forum.
    04-08-12 02:23 PM
    This should probably be in the WP forum.
    ^^^^^ I said this earlier.
    04-08-12 02:32 PM
    ^^^^^ I said this earlier.
    I just reported the thread. Hopefully it will get moved.
    04-08-12 02:34 PM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD