I've tried searching both CrackBerry and the internet as a whole to no avail: is there a reason why the Play/Pause button refuses to play/pause when inside of the holster? Seems a bit counter-productive that the button should worry about waking the phone when it's in sleep mode, if that's the case. I rather enjoy BlackBerry and their overall sense of efficiency, but this is a bit frustrating. Instead of being able to utilize the button as intended when I need to quickly pause, I must first remove the phone from my pocket, then the slip, THEN I am able to pause the music. Not so efficient when I am in a position where I can't really handle the phone (dirty hands, full hands, hands on fire, somebody trying to talk to me, or tonight while washing dishes when the roommate wants to get chummy).

Pearl 3G 9100
    v5.0.0.921
    04-07-12 02:20 AM
    Do you still have the problem? If you talk about the dedicated media button on top of the device, I don't have this issue with the device inside the BlackBerry magnetic holster. I tried listening to mp3 and radio, with loudspeaker or earphone, and I can play/stop in every case (even through the magnetic closure...).

I use the latest (and certainly the last...) OS available : 6.0.0.481.
    06-15-12 12:57 PM
    Wow, old post. I think I got frustrated with the phone as a whole and sold it not long after I posted this. I was never able to get around it, as I recall. I also couldn't tell if there was any sort of backlighting to the buttons. I think I took it apart and saw what looked to be LEDs that would hint at it. I kind of miss that phone, but the SureType keyboard frustrated me too much. I could swear it didn't work as well as the one on the Pearl 8130 that was my very first smartphone.
    08-12-14 07:30 PM