I've been reading about NFC and HotSpots on these forums and elsewhere, but was wondering have you guys actually utilised them yet?

I'm keen to use every aspect of this software but understand the uptake on NFC is a bit slower then was initially predicted.

Where, why and how did you use them?
    04-04-12 04:57 AM
    The uptake of NFC seems to be because all other phone manufacturers are way behind. This is one technology where, although there are a few Android phones, most of them (and iPhones) don't have it. Windows 8 phones will, so the market will take off regardless of how RIM does. (Wait till Apple suddenly comes out with the "iTag" and pretends they thought of it first.) There is a BB app to use NFC tags almost as context sensitive program launchers, and I suggest you look at that. They also have a number of interesting opportunities which I won't discuss here because I hope to build a business around them, but I will say that they can be used as concealed tags to identify your belongings. Unlike UV marking, they can be removed when goods are sold.
    04-04-12 05:35 AM
    Well I'm outside the US and find out that in order to use the Hotspot my carrier charges an extra fee (on prepaid) so it doens't really uses the already paid data in the BB service plan and for the NFC I need to spent some $$$ to buy an app and tags to use that feature.
    So I haven't found a really good use for them.
    04-18-12 01:43 PM
    Are we going to see an app that can replace my staff tag with the BlackBerry?
    04-18-12 06:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD