04-03-12 08:57 PM
    That's horrible! And most of the people there were young, too. Very strange incident.

Having said that, this is not the kind of press RIM/BlackBerry needs at all. Worst timing for such a disgusting event to take place.
    04-03-12 09:00 PM
    It could happen at any event
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-03-12 09:03 PM
    It could happen at any event
    This. It could have been an event for Pepsi or Nike or whatever. Some people s**k.
    04-03-12 09:15 PM
    Can't blame RIM for this. Someone broke a bottle and used it as a weapon
    04-03-12 09:24 PM
    Oh boy. Can't wait to see how the media will spin this one against RIM.
    04-03-12 09:34 PM
    Can't blame RIM for this. Someone broke a bottle and used it as a weapon
    They should have used Gorilla Glass bottles instead. That's what Apple/Kindle/Windows/AnyoneButRIM would have done! See, it IS RIMs fault!
    04-03-12 09:57 PM
    No spin required. The facts as reported are bad enough. "Major multi-national, billion dollar tech company throws party; man stabbed." In fact, all we need is Sean Connery and Wesley Snipes and we have the beginnings of a screenplay.
    Tre Lawrence and bobauckland like this.
    04-03-12 11:11 PM
    Prayers go out the victim and their family. Truly disturbing news.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-03-12 11:31 PM
    Just read this. I pray the victim recovers quickly.
    04-03-12 11:53 PM
    1) Grow up, or at least try to act like a grown up.
    2) Take off the tinfoil hat and drop the stupid conspiracy BS. It is embarrassing to any actual adult who owns a RIM product.
    3) If it wasn't posted here, I doubt very many people would have heard of the story, beyond those who came across the original article.
    04-04-12 12:00 AM
    3) If it wasn't posted here, I doubt very many people would have heard of the story, beyond those who came across the original article.
    Ever been on Twitter?
    04-04-12 12:16 AM
    "A lot of people here were teen users of BlackBerry who don't seem to have had a free drink before."

I was going to say something about this, but thought better of it. Why was Blackberry supplying alcohol to teenagers anyway?
    04-04-12 12:31 AM
    "A lot of people here were teen users of BlackBerry who don't seem to have had a free drink before."

I was going to say something about this, but thought better of it. Why was Blackberry supplying alcohol to teenagers anyway?
    I was kind of hoping they meant 18 & 19 year olds were taking advantage of the free drinks. As in a bunch of drunk college-aged kids.

Hoping for a speedy recovery for the victim.
    04-04-12 12:41 AM
    Sad. It's a shame we can't have a good time and enjoy ourselves.
    04-04-12 12:44 AM

They weren't, they checked for ID on young looking people going in. I don't think there was anybody under 18 there.
    04-04-12 01:57 AM
    To be honest they got too many people in there and left them without much security present and too much drink. All the "celebrities" were in a separate VIP room.
    Police did not hold 450 guests in, they actually evacuated the place, I don't know where the Telegraph got that from.
    04-04-12 02:03 AM
    RIMM just can't catch a break
    04-04-12 06:45 AM
    Not cool. If it had been sponsored by Apple... Would it just be a party?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-04-12 07:23 AM
    This is obviously directly related to the lack of native BBM on the PlayBook. I am sure the media will spin it that way.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-04-12 07:39 AM
    RIM has had a lot of bad press in the UK recently, there was all the media hysteria about the part that BBM played in the riots and while the brand has seen growth, it has been with younger poorer demographics. There was a yougov poll that said that for urban professionals, blackberries came pretty low on the list of important tech brands way behind apple, Samsung, Nokia and others. I guess they will need to pitch the BB10 lines carefully to overcome this problem.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express
    04-04-12 07:42 AM

The legal drinking age in the UK is 18.
    04-04-12 12:39 PM
    Oh so it's RIM's fault some stabbed someone? Just like it's the weather man's fault I got wet cause he said it wasn't going to rain.
    04-04-12 01:28 PM
    The Researcher In Motion organizer of the party should press criminal charges and civil charges against the hoodlum and force the case through the British justice system to the extent the hoodlum receives 100 years of hard labour at Dartmoor Prison and has to pay restitution to the victim until such time as the hoodlum dies. I can see the headline now, "BlackBerry causes youth to die in Dartmoor Prison."
    04-04-12 02:02 PM
    It's not a party until someone gets glassed...

This is the same problem Scion ran into. In trying to appeal to the hip and trendy, especially with a free party, you end up attracting a more rowdy crowd that's only there for the free party. That ends up souring the event for the real target audience.
    04-04-12 02:47 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD