I noticed this on a website and it was stated as OEM, do people think this is actually an OEM part? I thought they only come in 'smooth' black??

04-03-12 03:53 PM
    I like this a lot more than the standard back! You wouldn't have to worry about scratches as much. One thing I always wondered about buying battery covers online is do they have the nfc areal on the inside of the battery cover? I don't use nfc anyway so not much bother to me. I want this cover!!
    04-03-12 05:59 PM
    you can DIY, actually. just buy carbon fiber tape from the automotive shop, lay on the original back cover, cut the sides then cut out the holes for the BB icon and voila!
    04-06-12 04:52 AM
    I noticed this on a website and it was stated as OEM, do people think this is actually an OEM part? I thought they only come in 'smooth' black??

Click to view quoted image
    Just brought one brand new that looks exactly like that in the pic for 3.92 so I can't lose, and in the pic it had the golden touch thingys for nfc, so I would expect it to work and if not it's only 3.92
    04-09-12 06:10 PM
    sorry to hijack your thread but i was wondering myself about the nfc thing on the case cover, does it really matter/affect the phone if it doesn't come with one?
    04-12-12 09:29 AM
    No I don't think it matters if you don't have the nfc on the back cover and I personally have no use for nfc so it wouldn't bother be
    Berry_Pink likes this.
    04-12-12 09:33 AM
    thanks! that's good then i googled what near field communication does and it sounds like ill never use it either
    04-12-12 09:37 AM
    I purchased one from eBay, it was advertised as OEM however I don't think it is.

It fits fine and has a textured feel to it. It actually looks and feels better than the shiny original one!!
    Its the way forward for aesthetics anyway!
    bbjoe97 likes this.
    04-12-12 02:45 PM
    ahh i might get one of these!! they sound great, just wondering, what does OEM stand for??
    04-12-12 03:12 PM
    OEM = Original Equipment Manufacturer

It basically means original/genuine parts.
    bbjoe97 likes this.
    04-12-12 03:19 PM
    Just brought one brand new that looks exactly like that in the pic for 3.92 so I can't lose, and in the pic it had the golden touch thingys for nfc, so I would expect it to work and if not it's only 3.92
    Just wondering where you got one from for that price? I've looked and it's $10-15 on eBay. Thanks!
    04-14-12 12:20 PM
    Just wondering where you got one from for that price? I've looked and it's $10-15 on eBay. Thanks!
    Blackberry 9360 Curve 3G Back Battery Cover Door Case Replacement New UK BLACK | eBay this might be it, same price but its gonna end up costing more when converted to dollars
    04-15-12 06:16 PM
    I purchased one from eBay, it was advertised as OEM however I don't think it is.

It fits fine and has a textured feel to it. It actually looks and feels better than the shiny original one!!
    Its the way forward for aesthetics anyway!
    I don't know about that specific part itself, but the design is yes definitely OEM, The Verizon Curve 9370 has that backing whereas the the 9360 has the glossy black backing
    04-15-12 07:53 PM
    Blackberry 9360 Curve 3G Back Battery Cover Door Case Replacement New UK BLACK | eBay this might be it, same price but its gonna end up costing more when converted to dollars
    Yes, that is the exact same one, and as I live in London I got free delivery too, I have it on my Blackberry now, I'm quite chuffed to be honest, it's good for the price

I'm pretty sure there is an american seller on Ebay just keep looking, Good Luck
    04-16-12 05:00 AM
    Yes, that is the exact same one, and as I live in London I got free delivery too, I have it on my Blackberry now, I'm quite chuffed to be honest, it's good for the price

I'm pretty sure there is an american seller on Ebay just keep looking, Good Luck
    apologies for bumping up a relatively old thread, but does the NFC work in the battery cover you bought from that seller? I'm looking to get one as the original one is just such a fingerprint magnet. Thanks.
    05-05-12 03:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD