Hello Everyone

Since most of us are experiencing a lot of browser crashes with os 2.0
    what are you guys using as your main browser these days?

I have been using SimpleBrowserPlus but even that browser has its faults and is far from
    perfect.
    04-03-12 02:03 PM
    Still using the native browser.
    Willard814 likes this.
    04-03-12 02:06 PM
    Not sure where you can generalize that "most of us are experiencing a lot of browser crashes with os 2.0"... I'm still using the native browser as well.
    Willard814 likes this.
    04-03-12 02:10 PM
    I am using the native browser as well.
    Willard814 likes this.
    04-03-12 02:11 PM
    Native with 0 issues...not sure how you came up with "most of us"
    anon(2678007) and Willard814 like this.
    04-03-12 02:14 PM
    The native browser. As cbvinh says, your statement that most of us are having problems is probably false. It's more likely that you've gotten that impression because the only ones posting re browser problems are the ones having problems. The rest of us just remain silent on the subject.
    Willard814 likes this.
    04-03-12 02:15 PM
    Native with very few crashes.
    Willard814 likes this.
    04-03-12 02:18 PM
    I'm using native and don't think the browser is fully stable either. What vseslija mentioned is a known problem with certain sites and RIM's developers are looking into it. I've seen it mentioned in the beta zone forums. Also..

PlayBook Dev Team Now Working on Refining the PlayBook Browser - BerryReview
    Willard814 likes this.
    04-03-12 02:24 PM
    Native with not one single crash
    and trust me I been trying I went to just about every site I can possibly think of. Any site in particular thats crashing for anyone I would like to surf that site.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    Willard814 likes this.
    04-03-12 02:25 PM
    Hello Everyone

what are you guys using as your main browser these days?

I have been using SimpleBrowserPlus but even that browser has its faults and is far from
    perfect.
    Using the native browser. Can't find another browser that is closer to a desktop browser than the native one. Not saying it is the best, just that I prefer a desktop type browsing experience and the native browser is as close as I've seen.
    Willard814 likes this.
    04-03-12 02:25 PM
    I used simplebrowser plus, native literally closes by itself several times a day, wasn't like this before the 2.0. I prefer layout of simple browser anyway
    04-03-12 02:33 PM
    I am using Native as well. It is still my favorite of all the options for PlayBook. I have had a few crashes, but to be fair, it was my own doing. I would have either a ton of apps open or once I had about 20 tabs open (importing bookmarks, so load like 20 and then fav each one).

So my only issues with it was from memory problems... and the problems came about from me keeping stuff open when I wasn't even using it or over doing the tabs. I will say I am quite impressed I had so many tabs open without any issues to that point.
    04-03-12 02:33 PM
    Still native. It takes the occasional nap (I hate the word "crash" a bit over dramatic).

I restart the browser and it goes back to where I was, maybe 2 seconds. Sorry that doesnt rate a "crash". A crash is when the OS goes down.
    Willard814 likes this.
    04-03-12 02:34 PM
    Im using the native browser as well, i tried all the other browsers and they arent as good as the native one. And yes i do experience random browser crashes, i believe the next update will fix that hopefully
    04-03-12 02:43 PM
    Still native. It takes the occasional nap (I hate the word "crash" a bit over dramatic).

I restart the browser and it goes back to where I was, maybe 2 seconds. Sorry that doesnt rate a "crash". A crash is when the OS goes down.
    A crash is when a process hangs/asserts/uncaught exception/etc... It doesnt' have to be the entire OS.
    dave1701 likes this.
    04-03-12 02:44 PM
    Native, no crashes for me here either,

When I was on PlayBook OS 1.0.8 I didn't experience the issue either.
    Willard814 likes this.
    04-03-12 02:47 PM
    Simplebrowser+ . Even though it is currently unsupported by its developer, it still is better than the Native browser. I could count how many times Simplebrowser has crashed on one hand, whereas the Native browser crashes often.
    04-03-12 02:52 PM
    What crashes.
    04-03-12 03:08 PM
    Most of us? Dude speak for yourself... I have NO problems with my native browser. Do you sideload Android apps?
    04-03-12 03:08 PM
    Native with not one single crash
    and trust me I been trying I went to just about every site I can possibly think of. Any site in particular thats crashing for anyone I would like to surf that site.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

Have a go at Android & Windows Phone: Tablets, Apps, & ROMs @ xda-developers, it crashes for me every time I try. To get to where I need, I have to email the web page to myself. I suppose that will teach me from playing with android OS on BB playbook
    04-03-12 03:34 PM
    Well I apologize I assumed that majority is experiencing browser crashes. I purchased my playbook the day os 2.0 came out so I upgraded right out of the box. I have never side-loaded anything on my playbook. I would never have more than 2 tabs or 2 applications running at the same time.

I find it constantly crashing on xda forums which I frequently visit. It crashes on some other websites i go to as well. When I say crash I mean just disappears and turns off on its own.

I also noticed it uses up about 100mb of memory more than simplebrowser plus so maybe that has something to do with it. Unfortunately this is a really big inconvenience for me as I purchased the playbook to mostly do web browsing. Don't get me wrong I still love it and think its a great bang for your buck.
    04-03-12 03:51 PM
    Well I apologize I assumed that majority is experiencing browser crashes. I purchased my playbook the day os 2.0 came out so I upgraded right out of the box. I have never side-loaded anything on my playbook. I would never have more than 2 tabs or 2 applications running at the same time.

I find it constantly crashing on xda forums which I frequently visit. It crashes on some other websites i go to as well. When I say crash I mean just disappears and turns off on its own.

I also noticed it uses up about 100mb of memory more than simplebrowser plus so maybe that has something to do with it. Unfortunately this is a really big inconvenience for me as I purchased the playbook to mostly do web browsing. Don't get me wrong I still love it and think its a great bang for your buck.
    In that case I would do a security wipe and do a clean OS install. If you restore to a backup after the security wipe you may encounter the same problems so I would stay away from restoring after the security wipe. Hope that helps!
    04-03-12 03:55 PM
    Native browser, some crashes but it doesn't really bug me out though.
    04-03-12 03:56 PM
    I'm using the native browser. I get an occasional crash but not enough to bother me very much. Hopefully a fix will come out soon.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-03-12 03:57 PM
    Native here even though I do get the occasional browser poof I gone. For whatever reason, same habbits, I haven't had a poof for over 3 days.

Yes there are certain sites that make it go poof. I checked one link for someone and poof. Cleared everything, turned pics, flash and java script off. Went to the same site no poof. Turned pics on, same site no poof. Turned flash on, same site no poof. Turned java script on and poof.
    04-03-12 04:03 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD