...on your blackberry with minimal errors, and how long did it take for you to achieve your optimal speed?

I wonder because, I feel slow and clumsy in comparison to my friends. Not to mention when I cut my thumbnails too short I keep hitting multiple keys, and am forced to backspace/delete quite a bit, further affecting my ability to keep up with messenger conversations.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-08 11:48 PM
    I've had both full and SureType. I'm much faster at SureType but it takes awhile to get fast either way. Couple of months. If I pick up a non bb I look like a 4 year old trying to do physics. But I think it all depends on how much you type.

09-12-08 12:20 AM
    oh i've memorized the keys for my pearl just as with my sidekick and normal phone..
    thats really sad on my part!
    09-13-08 09:28 AM
    Not too fast, I am all thumbs when typing on my BB.
    09-13-08 09:48 AM
    my speed is increasing lil by lil once you memorize were all the buttons are you will get better as you go and as many emails and text you send out ....
    09-13-08 12:36 PM
    I type at just about the speed of light on my Curve... not even close on my computer!!!
    09-14-08 10:43 AM
    I've always typed fast on phones - when I used T9 ages ago I'd blow away my friends, and when typing on my Curve even other BlackBerry users are blown away... haha I guess it's just a gift?
    09-14-08 08:09 PM
    I'm not amazingly fast, but I type faster on my BlackBerry than I can on my laptop. Probably because I use it more.

09-14-08 08:19 PM
    It took me about a month to get really comfortable with the key pad...it seems so natural now. I think it's just something that gets easier as you send emails, texts, etc and really use your berry.

lol...I did a lot of that backing up and delete when my bb was brand new also
    09-15-08 05:33 PM
    I can type pretty fast. I can type faster on my BB than on a regular keyboard lol.
    09-15-08 05:49 PM
    I can type just about as fast as i can on my laptop. Im a designer so i use alot more weird key combinations then anything on my comp. I honestly do more typing on my BB and I like that better cause im always Designing or Surfing so its easier just to carry my BB then my laptop.
    09-15-08 05:55 PM
    Is there a bb-type-test to see how many wpm you can type?

09-17-08 11:24 PM
    Oh please. I am God awful with phones even with QWERTY. Great on a keyboard though. My BB signature even offers a blanket apology for typos which folks find amusing.
    09-17-08 11:38 PM
    I've gotten to where I can type somewhat fast on my Curve without too many errors.

I've had the thing since around September 4th or so.

09-18-08 01:07 AM
    Kfdmkkjfdkjdfkjfjf...how's THAT for speed???

Actually, it's pretty awkward typing on a BB, it feels like I'm all thumbs!

09-18-08 02:43 AM
    Im really fast typing on my bb.. My friends be like u act like you typing on a computer with your thumbs lol.. After a while u just get use to where the keys are i guess..
    09-18-08 03:28 PM
    It took me around a week or two to get back upto speed of how i was with my t9 phone.

Then i got an otterbox and it made it a little more difficult.

but back to normal now... just wishing i had a qwerty keyboard rather than suretype.
    09-18-08 06:26 PM
    I am also pretty quick on my berry as well. Just like the op said u get used to it in a matter of no time.

09-18-08 06:54 PM
    Is there a bb-type-test to see how many wpm you can type?

Good question! That's what I was thinking.

I type pretty fast on a regular keyboard, 70 wpm, and now that I've gotten used to my BB it's click, click, clack for me all day long!

Very true about the thumbnails though. Gotta keep those thumbs in shape.
    09-24-08 12:24 PM
    I can type faster on my BB than on my laptop. its always been that way
    09-24-08 09:58 PM
    "Pretty damn quick" is what my friends and fam tells me lol they say while theyre in the middle f their first text responding im sending more lol. I was also told it sounds like a dog tap dancing and my ex told me i "jam" up the system. says when it glitches or he doesnt receive my textx its due to how fast i txt
    12-17-08 11:33 PM
    I've had both full and SureType. I'm much faster at SureType but it takes awhile to get fast either way. Couple of months. If I pick up a non bb I look like a 4 year old trying to do physics. But I think it all depends on how much you type.

Yeah, I used to have a Pearl and SureType is generally faster compared to QWERTY, but after a few weeks of regular texting on a BlackBerry, I was able to quickly type out a whole text without actually having to look at the keyboard.
    12-20-08 10:55 AM
    Maybe its a personal thing but suretype just never worked for me, for whatever reason.
    But anyways I think i am a pretty decent typer... If that's a word, I'm not sure haha. My blackberry spell checked says its not but who knows..

12-20-08 11:05 AM
    I've been on a comp since I was 8 years old. I have the entire keyboard memorized so qwertys are my thing. I can type very fast compared to all my friends and everyone else I know. Hahah

12-25-08 03:53 PM
    I can type as fast as I do on the computer without even looking at the bb anymore. Can walk straight down the wall or while driving a standard and still type with minimal errors, I think I might be addicted :/
    01-27-09 10:41 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD