I'm a long LONG time BB user, a long time iPhone user, and a part time Android fan. I started using the new Nexus. Two questions.... 1) is there an app kinda like the task manager on the Samsung tablet that can shut down programs? 2) dunno if this is a ridiculous question but is a dark wallpaper less taxing on the batt than a bright one? The phone is great but the batt stinks.

Thank-You
    03-30-12 05:20 PM
    Black wallpapers are the best to use with SAMOLED screens.

03-30-12 06:07 PM
    as mentioned, dark wallpaper is better on amoled, other screens it doesn't matter.
    03-30-12 06:39 PM
    Thx for the quick answers. In better-- I assume you mean better batt life right?
    03-30-12 08:14 PM
    Thx for the quick answers. In better-- I assume you mean better batt life right?
    Yea. Black backgrounds will give you the best battery life. Also, I recommend getting the extended battery. I have it and it works wonders.
    03-31-12 08:38 AM
    As for your question on task manager, Android is now very efficient at managing your tasks that are running so I wouldn't install a task manager. If you need to kill a task, you can go into your apps settings and close apps if you need to, but again Android is much better at managing running tasks and killing them when needed.
    03-31-12 11:29 AM
    03-31-12 11:55 AM
    Cool reading. Thx
    03-31-12 08:23 PM
    Me personally, I don't think the wallpaper would make that big of a difference, since most of the apps we use have a light background. For example... web browsing, email, messaging, etc.
    If you want to stare at the home screen, then you may save a little juice with a darker one.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    03-31-12 08:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD