Often, my back-button stops working, at the same time the menu button also stops working. After a minute or so, while keeping the menu button pressed, it shows the working apps, usually 5 or at most 6. After that, the buttons work fine for a while. It looks like a memory problem, but i keep having around 200 free. Any suggestions?
    03-30-12 10:52 AM
    From what I've read most of the button issues require a replacement.
    03-30-12 10:59 AM
    Already replaced them.
    03-30-12 01:34 PM
    Already replaced them.
    You replaced the buttons?

The back button and menu buttons are a hardware problem, you generally need to get the phone repaired or grab a new phone. I think it was a problem with some of the earlier models of the 9850/9860.
    03-30-12 02:30 PM
    Yes, the buttons have some connectors associated with them. Anyway, i went to alocal shop and they replaced the buttons. Torch workedfine for about a week and then this intermittent problem satrted. Somehow it looks like it's a memory problem, but i always have a minimum of apps (5 as a matter of fact) going. Always take care of exiting after i use any.
    03-31-12 11:11 AM
    I've had this phone for 3 months. Hope no problem shows up. I have no intention or desire to get it repaired. My work depend on my blackberry.

Maybe they fixed the problem?

:/

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 on 7.1.0.342 with Tapatalk and my fingers
    03-31-12 12:50 PM
    Yeah, I've also had no problems with it and I've had my phone for about 3 months. I think the button problems were with some of the earlier models of the phone, cause most of the newer models I don't think people have been having those problems and the issue seems to have faded away for the most part.
    03-31-12 03:54 PM
    Yesterday I found out that apparently it's a RAM problem caused by the browser. After clearing passwords, history, cookies and cache, the back and menu button started working fine. Significant improvement.
    04-12-12 09:49 AM
    Ralph

Trust me. It's a hardware problem. There is no question in my mind about it. I was convinced it was software too, because of the software-like fix. However, trust me, it's hardware. After exhaustive testing, I finally threw in the towel and got a like-new replacment under warranty. haven't had the problem since.

Before I turned in the old phone, I wiped and installed three different OSes. With zero backup files restored, the problem recurred on all three OS versions.

So for the sake of your sanity, just get the device replaced before it's too late.

Also, to correct teh symptom when it occurs, you can press the send and menu buttons at the same time. that will temporarily alleviate the symptom.

For some fun, you can hold down the non-working back button and just touch the send key and the back button will respond but the symptom is still present.

I believe it is a ground problem near the buttons, but I did'nt do any real testing to find out for sure.

So there you have it. The 9850/60 is a great device. Don't let those buttons make you angry with it. It's protected under warranty. Use it.

I'm happy to help if you have any other questions.

Cheers
    04-12-12 10:11 AM
    Having the same issue. Still waiting for the replacement ...
    04-12-12 10:19 AM
    and here we go with yet another thread on this.

Hint: search,,look around and see.

Tim
    04-12-12 11:35 AM
    Ralph

Trust me. It's a hardware problem. There is no question in my mind about it. I was convinced it was software too, because of the software-like fix. However, trust me, it's hardware. After exhaustive testing, I finally threw in the towel and got a like-new replacment under warranty. haven't had the problem since.

Before I turned in the old phone, I wiped and installed three different OSes. With zero backup files restored, the problem recurred on all three OS versions.

So for the sake of your sanity, just get the device replaced before it's too late.

Also, to correct teh symptom when it occurs, you can press the send and menu buttons at the same time. that will temporarily alleviate the symptom.

For some fun, you can hold down the non-working back button and just touch the send key and the back button will respond but the symptom is still present.

I believe it is a ground problem near the buttons, but I did'nt do any real testing to find out for sure.

So there you have it. The 9850/60 is a great device. Don't let those buttons make you angry with it. It's protected under warranty. Use it.

I'm happy to help if you have any other questions.

Cheers

I had the same issue with back button going on vacation quite frequently so I got my replacement last week. I will take advantage of 1 year warranty while I can because second year for this device is gonna be tough. On my third device now in 8 months. Love the phone though. Probably it was not designed for heavy corporate use :-)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    04-12-12 11:44 AM
    I got my phone in December and started having the same problem all yesterday.. I downgraded the OS and reinstall the new OS and still having problems. I took mine to Sprint today and they are shipping me a replacement.
    04-15-12 12:42 AM
    Tks bobaloo. Unfortunately I live in Ecuador, bought my phone thru ebay, and don't. Think can get warranty working.
    04-15-12 09:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD