This one has started to get me peeved.

The rim management may have spent days and days creating an ecosystem for devs to easily convert an android app to playbook and its all for nothing.

The temple run game devs have no plan to convert the game although it is so simple.

I am angry.

Yeah, we can convert .apk to .bar but why?

I mean an official thing is better yea?

Btw, on my website I will start a petition if you guys want me to

Grr.......

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 on 7.1.0.342
    03-30-12 08:09 AM
    im in...................
    03-30-12 08:56 AM
    I'm in as well. Come on, we have a decent PB consumer base... why don't they just develop it?
    03-30-12 09:20 AM
    Because playbook is not profitable for them
    03-30-12 09:34 AM

How is it not profitable?

1% of android devs make $1000 a year.

13% of blackberry devs make $100000 a year.

Big difference huh?

We may not have apps....
    Quality ones make a heck lot of $$$$$

Your point is pointless. I am making a petition after one more reply.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 on 7.1.0.342
    03-30-12 10:09 AM
    Count me in too, would love to have this on my playbook
    03-30-12 10:14 AM
    OMG why dont we have HTC Sense for Blackberry Playbook?!?!?!?

nobody is required to make an application available to EVERY platform.
    That would be like if you did a great job detailing someones car, and now the whole neighborhood demands that you detail their car, they'll even pay you!
    FSeverino and pri79269 like this.
    03-30-12 10:24 AM
    I actually agree.

If there was money to be made, developers would be crashing the PB gates. They aren't stupid.

As it is, the only thing app category growing exponentially in App World are flatulence apps.
    03-30-12 10:28 AM
    OMG why dont we have HTC Sense for Blackberry Playbook?!?!?!?

nobody is required to make an application available to EVERY platform.
    That would be like if you did a great job detailing someones car, and now the whole neighborhood demands that you detail their car, they'll even pay you!

Here is your wrong point. The dev of temple run can spend one hour and port the app. Its that simple. It isn't demanding them to rewrite the entire app from top to bottom.

That is our point.

I'm making the petition guys.

Ill email the temple run devs.

We will do the best we can!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 on 7.1.0.342 with Tapatalk and my fingers
    03-30-12 10:34 AM
    I actually agree.

If there was money to be made, developers would be crashing the PB gates. They aren't stupid.

As it is, the only thing app category growing exponentially in App World are flatulence apps.

There is a lot of money.

The devs aren't exactly understanding how easy it is.

03-30-12 10:35 AM
    I'm in...........I actually sent them an email after Temple Run became available on Droids but never got a reply from them. Sucks but will sign petition if this will help get it.
    03-30-12 10:50 AM
    Temple Run is a native Android app.

Native Android .APK filles cannot be converted to .BAR

You'll have to wait for a native version of Temple Run. Simple as that.
    03-30-12 10:57 AM
    Ok guys. Listen up,

Call all it friends with pb and fellow crackberrians.

We need at least 500 for this to work

We will tell on twitter. On everything!

Add me:

twitter.com/bbthemesx
    facebook.com/bbthemesx

bbthemesx.com

[email protected]

If any crackberry writer is reading this, please be kind and help us promote this.

Its for the better of our playbooks

I'm making the post. My app for posting is weird. Trying my best guys!

Will post petition link.

We need to send angry emails.

All you need is to comment!

03-30-12 11:02 AM
    Why would it not be profitable for them? unlike ipad and android users, i dont think a lot of playbook users take the risk of rooting or jailbreaking their devices to get free apps. blackberry users actually pay money to get the apps because we want to maintain the security that rim offers. all of my friends with apple devices have the full version on their jailbroken devices and the only money they spent was on the electricity when they had to plug in their laptops. did the app developer make money from that?

sure, we may have a smaller market share but most of us using blackberry devices are actually willing to pay money to get good apps. not just for games but for an overall user experience.
    joski likes this.
    03-30-12 11:13 AM
    Here is your wrong point. The dev of temple run can spend one hour and port the app. Its that simple. It isn't demanding them to rewrite the entire app from top to bottom.

That is our point.

I'm making the petition guys.

Ill email the temple run devs.

We will do the best we can!

well if its that easy, why dont you check to see if someone has converted the apk yet. if a .bar is not available thats probably because its not just as easy as converting from apk.
    8541angelg likes this.
    03-30-12 11:22 AM
    You might want to use Angry Birds as comparison. 3.99$ on Playbook and yet the top-seller. It may cost more on a PB but people DO will spend for QUALITY apps. Do not forget this
    03-30-12 11:22 AM
    I totally agree on some of the comments here that putting a high quality app on PB is profitable. If you look at some major popular apps on iOS and Android, some are free (Draw Something and Temple Run) while some are cheaper compared to the same games brought to PB.

In 3 days since it's release on Droid, Temple Run has already accumulated 1 million downloads and all of that are free. What if they release that to PB (I'm sure there are at least 1 million who owns PB) and charge us .99c or $1.99? That is 1-2 million dollars in profit!!! And if they decide to also release on BB phones that triples or quadruple that amount.

It's SAD that we have to write petition and beg but we have to do what is needed to get these games to our tablet!!!
    llllBULLSEYE likes this.
    03-30-12 11:42 AM
    They sold 500,000 PlayBooks last quarter. If they can keep up that pace eventually the install base will be so large that developer's will HAVE to port apps for it.

RIM has
    1. Made the PlayBook open to a variety of platforms (Unity, Marmalade etc.)
    2. Made the PlayBook very inexpensive.

It will take time, but more and more developers will start to say "damn, there's some money to be made on this BlackBerry thing!"
    03-30-12 12:13 PM
    I totally agree on some of the comments here that putting a high quality app on PB is profitable. If you look at some major popular apps on iOS and Android, some are free (Draw Something and Temple Run) while some are cheaper compared to the same games brought to PB.

In 3 days since it's release on Droid, Temple Run has already accumulated 1 million downloads and all of that are free. What if they release that to PB (I'm sure there are at least 1 million who owns PB) and charge us .99c or $1.99? That is 1-2 million dollars in profit!!! And if they decide to also release on BB phones that triples or quadruple that amount.

It's SAD that we have to write petition and beg but we have to do what is needed to get these games to our tablet!!!
    Not that simple.

First, a very, very small fraction of the millions will actually buy the game. Then, you have to figure in App World's cut.

Android's tried and tested ad revenue system works for developers (as does in-app purchasing).

And then, the cost of support. People forget that the more a developer sells, the more people will complain about issues, deserved or not. You have to spend time (read: money) to support the app after purchases.

When it all boils down to it, the "millions" we assume not work out for the developers themselves. The numbers underline this. Developers know more about this than we do, I believe.

One developer also told me that what the Playbook exposed to him was the fact that stealing pay-apks was not restricted to Android.

In any case, if there is a petition, I am signing it... let's spread the wealth!
    03-30-12 12:14 PM
    Get that petition going and you've got my support. Whatever it takes to show devs that there is a market for the Playbook.
    03-30-12 01:41 PM

I Agree
    I mean lets just say only 50k people purchase the APP for $1.99
    that's about $100k minus RIMs cut which is still $70,000.
    Thats a lot of money for very little work. Will take them less
    then a Day to Make the Android version work on PB and summit to RIM.
    why these Devs are holding back on this money is beyond me...
    03-30-12 07:41 PM
    Alright making it guys......

In 5 mins it will be up. Just post a comment!
    03-30-12 09:33 PM
    Here we are guys!

All info is on this webpage. I will find out contact details of Temple Run and post it here too.

http://bbthemesx.com/petition-we-wan...-the-playbook/
    Last edited by ichat; 03-30-12 at 09:52 PM. Reason: Forgot to add URL :p
    03-30-12 09:52 PM
    Here we are guys!

All info is on this webpage. I will find out contact details of Temple Run and post it here too.

http://bbthemesx.com/petition-we-wan...-the-playbook/

Anyone signed up? I am finding the details. Imangi is the company.

03-31-12 06:23 AM
    Wow, can you remove the part "Send Angry Emails"... they might get ANGRY on us and not develop XD.. we're asking nicely here .

How about use real-life examples in the "potential earnings" part. e.g. Angry Birds at $3.99 as top seller.
    03-31-12 07:33 AM
109 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD