What's the best and safest way to clean the screen of my PlayBook?
    03-29-12 07:12 AM
    A microfiber cloth with something thick behind it so the screen doesn't register your hand through the cloth.
    03-29-12 07:20 AM
    Anything on the microfiber cloth?
    03-29-12 07:24 AM
    The microfiber cloth is the BB recommended method for all applications however we all know that oil smudges and other types of contaminant impressions do occur while we are munching away, watching TV and surfing or catching up with RSS Feeds Reads. So what do you do to remove these before using the microfiber cloth? the answer I found is the same as the method to clean plasma or LCD displays for PC's. No alcohol based solutions, use on warm water mixed with mild detergent cleaner and wipe gently to remove the oils and smudges, then use the microfiber to buff and dry. Works for me on all three (3) PB's in my family and no lost pixels yet.
    03-29-12 08:08 AM
    Sometimes I lick it
    03-29-12 08:10 AM
    We all are wondering what image is on the screen when you "lick it".....
    dave1701 and cleveland216 like this.
    03-29-12 08:13 AM
    It's not a frog you know...
    03-29-12 08:17 AM
    I have a Zagg invisible shield on my PlayBook and I use water and a soft cloth. I clean it once a day as not to let the dirt, grime and fingerprints build up. This works for me
    03-29-12 08:20 AM
    i guess you didn't notice the supplied cleaning cloth in the box when you got the tablet
    Jince likes this.
    03-29-12 08:25 AM
    I huff and puff and then buff with cotton t-shirt or a micro fiber if I can find one.
    03-29-12 09:24 AM
    Some use teabags, apparently. Makes some sense, because tea seeds are sometimes used in detergents. God knows why I know this stuff...
    vPOWr6 and jafobabe like this.
    03-29-12 09:36 AM
    Turn it off and use an eyeglasses cleaner and cloth. Considering what we pay for glasses, I believe it's a safe option.
    03-29-12 09:44 AM
    Sometimes I lick it
    ROFLMAO...I knew my method was not that outlandish.
    03-29-12 10:28 AM
    Sometimes I lick it
    LMAO this place needs more funny posts like this.

My first proper laugh all day
    03-29-12 11:12 AM
    Sometimes I lick it
    LOL.....me too.
    03-29-12 11:22 AM
    Sometimes I lick it
    Ohhh Ashley is what came to mind... Thanks...
    03-29-12 11:24 AM
    A bezel to bezel lick does wonders :-D
    Princepia and polomint like this.
    03-29-12 11:37 AM
    You guys are sick, god knows what sort of bacteria you're ingesting

Provided microfiber for me takes off smudges, oils, cleans and buffs.
    03-29-12 11:41 AM
    13 characters.
    03-29-12 12:04 PM
    Eyeglass cleaner and a paper towel. Has worked for me for years on screens.
    03-29-12 12:07 PM
    I use windex sprayed onto a microcloth but it does not actually remove anything. The microcloth just polishes the oils from your fingers. I used the same cloth to clean my glasses and it leaves them with dozens of small spotty smuges. This is after I give the cloth a good washing with dishwashing liquid and rinse well in softvwater on a regular basis. So I haven't actually found a good cleaning method as yet.
    03-29-12 12:18 PM
    Now you know what public telephones, elevator buttons, door handles, keyboards, mouse, tv remote controls especially those in a hospital, are like at the end of the month (cleaning day maybe). I think the best thing to do is buy a pair of rubber gloves, cut the ends of the fingers, and use these pieces on the end of your finger. So a pair of gloves used this way is good for 10 days. So if you work in a place where they have boxes of these latex gloves, just cut off the fingertips and leave the rest of the glove behind. If you work in a drugstore, you can do the something with the condoms, just leave the remainder in the package. Have a good day!
    03-29-12 12:27 PM
    I use Clorox or LYSOL disinfecting wipes on the PB (I do the same my BB phone). This cleans out any smudges as well as removing germs. You just got to be carefully not to use a really wet wipe.
    03-29-12 12:55 PM
    I use windex sprayed onto a microcloth but it does not actually remove anything. The microcloth just polishes the oils from your fingers. I used the same cloth to clean my glasses and it leaves them with dozens of small spotty smuges. This is after I give the cloth a good washing with dishwashing liquid and rinse well in softvwater on a regular basis. So I haven't actually found a good cleaning method as yet.
    Try an aerosol type window cleaner from an auto parts store instead of windex. The aerosol is alcohol based. Great for windshields. No smudges. Never had much luck getting rid of oils with windex.

I stand behind eyeglass cleaner and eyeglass cloth. And JREwing, stay away from paper towels. They contain small particles of junk that will sooner or later, scratch what you're cleaning.
    03-29-12 03:17 PM
    Some use teabags, apparently. Makes some sense, because tea seeds are sometimes used in detergents. God knows why I know this stuff...
    Yup! Teabags works and it does not cost extra.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...isplay-709764/
    03-29-12 03:53 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD