I'm in the planning stages of a major update for my app SixTools.

For those not familiar with SixTools you can get more information here: Buy SixTools - Utils for OS6 and OS7 - Download SixTools - Utils for OS6 and OS7 - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World

Current features include:

• Shortcuts – Assign applications to your Volume and Mute/Play keys , like having 3 extra convenience keys! Volume key shortcuts will be automatically disabled when a media player is running as to not conflict.
    • Start-Up Video – That short little intro clip that plays the first time you power up after an OS update, its a great way to notify you that your device has finished starting up
    • Holster Sounds – Have a sound effect play when you put your device in a holster or take it out
    • Battery Indicator – The OS 6 battery indicator can be horribly inaccurate, you can choose from 2 styles, precision which matches the default theme or modern. It will display this icon with battery level in your notification area.
    • ScreenShot - Take a screen shot with just one click and share it right away
    • Low Battery Alert – Alerts you when your battery drops below a certain level (configurable).
    • USB Connected – That little pop-up that shows up every time you plug your USB cable in, now you can have it auto dismiss. You'll get 5 seconds before it disappears in case you want to click one of the options
    • Status – Quick one touch way to get all vital stats about your device on one screen, with access to your event log and network diagnostics
    • Slider Sounds (Torch only) – Have a sound effect play when you open and close your slider
    • Portrait Lock Home Screen (Torch only)– You can set this to auto-lock the home screen or do a manual lock/unlock at any time in the app
      Orientation Lock (Torch only) – Can be added to system wide menu to lock an application to either landscape or portrait.

I'm looking for suggestions for new features and improvements you'd like to see in the new version. So if you have any ideas please feel free to post them up!

03-28-12 06:42 PM
    Remember that small topic about holster volume changing after rebooting and it goes back to normal volume after you open 6 Tools?

I'll try and think of some other ideas.

Feeding my CrackBerry addiction with Tapatalk
    03-28-12 07:24 PM
    Any way to have a camera shutter silence?

Sent from somewhere other than my PC.
    03-28-12 08:09 PM
    Battery icon to show when charging. More battery icon appearance options (than the 2 there are already).
    03-28-12 08:11 PM
    Also what about a flip over to silence that would work on 9900's?

adjust the auto dismiss so it automagically defaults to usb connection at all times, no delay.

shake the device to put it in the silent profile, shake it again to put it back to Normal.

03-28-12 08:13 PM
    Memory indicator (icon to be shown) would be cool.
    03-29-12 02:18 AM
    Battery icon to show when charging. More battery icon appearance options (than the 2 there are already).
    yeah, same idea as mine. And I'd like more holster sounds :P
    03-29-12 03:20 AM
    Don't know if it can be done, but an automatic on-off for wifi depending on location would be awesome! An estimated time remaining on the battery would be nice too. Also, I PM'd you yesterday about updating the start up video to be the one that comes with 7.1 devices.
    03-29-12 10:02 AM
    Also what about a flip over to silence that would work on 9900's?

adjust the auto dismiss so it automagically defaults to usb connection at all times, no delay.

shake the device to put it in the silent profile, shake it again to put it back to Normal.

I like all three of these....
    03-29-12 10:04 AM
    -Reset device function
    -Fix for the screenshot function (so we can send to BBM, etc...)
    -Don't take screenshot when screen is off (i set my mute key to act as the button to take screenshots and it does even when my screen is off and my phone is in my pocket)
    -Memory log (every 15 minutes with + or - memory)
    -File manager (similar to Rock File Manager app)
    -Extra BBM smilies
    -Traffic monitor (Wifi + 3G)
    -Automatically download email images
    -Block Call / Ignore call + auto SMS
    -Keep screen on while viewing XXXXXXX or while in app XXXXXX

take your pick

If this would all be included i'd buy it no matter what the cost.
    Last edited by wout000; 03-29-12 at 05:03 PM.
    03-29-12 04:52 PM
    I suggest that the start-up video should be saved somewhere in the SDcard, not in the device memory, to save a few kilobytes. I also notice that when the start-up video is turned-off (because I deleted the video), shortcut keys won't work after a battery pull unless Sixtools is opened first.

Hope that it would be fixed. I love the start-up video and the sense that I will not have to reopen Sixtools to reactivate the shortcut keys. But since the video is saved at the device memory, I have turned it off and deleted the video and have to reopen Sixtools everytime I do reset.
    03-29-12 07:50 PM
    • camera mute
    • battery pull function
    • battery graph for os6
    • pattern unlock
    • new slider sounds
    03-29-12 09:16 PM
    any news on what features you're thinking of including, Shao?
    04-01-12 10:44 AM
    i think i need this tool, after fix with new version build
    04-01-12 11:16 PM
    How about the pattern lock?
    I know there are other apps for that purpose, but maybe this could also be implemented in SixTools?
    And +1 to those ideas above: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...2/#post7274319
    04-02-12 04:59 AM
    How is the update going.

Need a beta tester?
    04-18-12 04:41 PM
    SixTools is awesome just how it is lol.
    My unlock key is on its last legs so I wouldn't be using this feature, but an option to lock the device after screen timeout would be a cool feature.
    04-18-12 07:48 PM
    Yes, please integrate a big iphone-like battery icon when charging
    04-19-12 04:51 AM
    Would love to see the option for keylock within the shortcuts!
    04-19-12 06:40 AM
    I suggest that the start-up video should be saved somewhere in the SDcard, not in the device memory, to save a few kilobytes. I also notice that when the start-up video is turned-off (because I deleted the video), shortcut keys won't work after a battery pull unless Sixtools is opened first.

Hope that it would be fixed. I love the start-up video and the sense that I will not have to reopen Sixtools to reactivate the shortcut keys. But since the video is saved at the device memory, I have turned it off and deleted the video and have to reopen Sixtools everytime I do reset.

I definitely want this fixed. I always have to open Sixtools after bootup to make the shortcut keys work.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    04-19-12 06:42 AM
    I think camera mute is good idea to be one of your next plan about sixtools...
    04-26-12 09:46 AM
    Well with the latest OS Leak .402 The Battery Icon has disappeared only showing just the percentage and that's with Every App that has a Battery Icon soo until a New Leak comes out with this fix, a Battery Icon with this new Update to Six Tools won't make a difference.

*updatea* -Weird the Icon shows up, but not on BatteryWatch or DeGym which are what I would use for mine.
    *Edit*--- umm how about a Silencer that corresponds with an event in your calendar like Fixmo Tools does.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by calicocat2010; 04-26-12 at 06:36 PM.
    04-26-12 12:55 PM
    Shao

Any word on an update yet?
    05-02-12 12:29 AM
    Any new on this yet.

From the mind of a man on the throne.
    05-25-12 05:11 PM
    Any new on this yet.

From the mind of a man on the throne.
    I was thinking the same thing.
    05-25-12 05:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD