• 11-25, but only 5-10 people

10 12.99%
  • 11-25,

11 14.29%
  • 26-50

16 20.78%
  • 51+

12 15.58%
    How many emails do you actually send in a day?

Are you sending emails to the same people over and over in a day or do you send to a wide range of users?

What device do you use the most to SEND your emails?
    is this the same device you use to read most of your incoming emails?

I'm just doing a bit of research here,

Thanks

(I'm throwing in a poll just cause)
    Morty2264 likes this.
    03-27-12 12:55 PM
    Probably close to 50 a day to a wide range of people.

When in the office most emails are from the computer, but from my BB when out and about.
    03-27-12 01:05 PM
    here's my piece for your ... bikini
    11-25 is an average/year, can fire up to 50-75 a day when production is going online ...
    03-27-12 01:18 PM
    I only send a few a week if that and that's only if I'm selling some stuff on craigslist or here. My main and only device is my 9330. My main form of communication is sms.
    03-27-12 01:29 PM
    Sometimes more than a 150, but most days between 60-100

Wide range of users (work, personal, employees, tenants, etc... + some social networking)

I use the same device to send that I do to receive (9900)
    03-27-12 01:35 PM
    On average I send about 30-40 emails a day for business. Usually corresponding to the same clients and colleagues back and forth with a few randoms thrown in.

More often then not I find i'm using my BB to send/receive messages whether i'm in office or not. Hardly ever use my computer for emailing anymore, even when at my desk.

Can't remember the last time I sent a personal (non-business) email for communication. That seems to have shifted more towards BBM and SMS. Of course I still prefer picking up the old telephone whenever possible!
    Last edited by up488; 03-27-12 at 02:19 PM.
    03-27-12 01:56 PM
    I normally send about 15 if I am only using my Bold 9930 but if I am using my PlayBook then it ends up being in the 25 range. I get more done when I. Use PlayBook with the Bold. The ability to get more done when using the BlackBerry Flagship with the best tablet on the planet makes for very productive days. Long Live RIM.
    03-27-12 02:06 PM
    Hi deRusett,

Here are my answers to your questions:

How many emails do you actually send in a day?--->less than 10.

Are you sending emails to the same people over and over in a day or do you send to a wide range of users?--->I send to a wide range of users.

What device do you use the most to SEND your emails?--->I mainly use my PC, but I do occasionally use my BB to send.

is this the same device you use to read most of your incoming emails?--->No. I mainly use my PC to read incoming emails <since I receive the majority of my emails while I am at work>. However, once in a while. I'll read an email from my BB.

For personal friends, I mainly use BBM or SMS..but if it requires email, I'll send one.

If you have any questions, please feel free to PIN me.

Thanks..

-Chav
    Last edited by Chaviv; 03-27-12 at 02:32 PM.
    03-27-12 02:09 PM
    Emails that i send in a day is about 10-40+ it all depends on the current situation and may vary.
    I send emails to family, friends, though most of my emails are for my work.
    I use my 9900 to send my emails and read those incoming emails on my 9900 too.
    03-27-12 02:18 PM
    How many emails do you actually send in a day? � Less then 10 most of the times

Are you sending emails to the same people over and over in a day or do you send to a wide range of users? � Yes, usually they are sent to the same people (friends and co-workers)

� My Torch 9810. And yes it is the same device I check all of my emails from. Currently computer less, and the only other time I'm on a computer is at work
    03-27-12 03:11 PM
    I average about 75 - 80 emails per day. If you want to count txt mssg. I easily send 150 txt mssgs a day.
    03-27-12 03:14 PM
    How many emails do you actually send in a day?
    I entered 26-50, but it can be as few as 5-10 or as high as 30-40, but the average is probably around 25/26.

Are you sending emails to the same people over and over in a day or do you send to a wide range of users?
    There are around 8 - 10 people I email pretty much daily. The rest depends on the project I'm working on. New clients come and go quite often.

Around 60%-70% are sent from my smartphone, as I'm away from my desktop more often than not. Same applies to reading incoming email.

Couple of things to note..

I didn't include the emails I send that are nothing more than a Subject line (which also acts as the body of the content) and an attached file. Which I do quite often when someone requests a document/file. If I counted these, the numbers would be significantly higher (probably twice as much).

I only counted the actual composition of emails. If the same composition is sent to multiple recipients, it's still only one email.
    03-27-12 03:23 PM
    40-60

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    03-27-12 04:17 PM
    How many emails do you actually send in a day? Less than 10 most days but can be much higher

Are you sending emails to the same people over and over in a day or do you send to a wide range of users? Usually different people

What device do you use the most to SEND your emails? PB or lappy. Away or home

is this the same device you use to read most of your incoming emails? See above
    03-27-12 04:45 PM
    I average about 75 - 80 emails per day. If you want to count txt mssg. I easily send 150 txt mssgs a day.
    Nope don't count txt messages.

I really am seeing HOW much people send emails, and when they send them how many are they sending,
    I want emails because they have signatures, and I'm trying to see the reach ones signature might be actually getting today, in a day where yes, sending sms and IM messages are replacing a lot of email communicaton
    03-27-12 05:14 PM
    I am in the 11-25, depending on the day. I usually receive twice that many, but am lax at responding, or combine responses into 1 reply.

Usually the same 20 people, Few 1 offs

I use my 9700 for almost all emails, I am only in the office 1 day a week and find it just as easy to use my BB then. Complex or short stories usually get done at night on my Thinkpad.
    I use my PB for forums and BBM mostly, still 90% of BBM is on the BB.
    03-27-12 05:34 PM
    I send 5 to 10, but receive about 50-60 per day. Most of the time I follow up in person or on the phone if there's going to be much back and forth. I actually use a pretty even split of my PC, my BB and my PB
    03-27-12 05:41 PM
    Like everyone else, can be as many as up to 25 in one day, most days less than 10. When a deadline for the school newsletter is coming up soon and ideas/drafts/pictures/write-ups are being fired around, it can be a lot of emails between many people.
    03-27-12 05:53 PM
    I send a Million Kajillion Bajillion emails everyday.

Try typing Million Kajillion Bajillion emails on a touchscreen.

03-27-12 05:54 PM
    Around 25-35 a day

probably 10% are repeat people so mostly a variety of people

On my nexus which i read 99% of them.
    03-27-12 06:28 PM
    I send a Million Kajillion Bajillion emails everyday.

Try typing Million Kajillion Bajillion emails on a touchscreen.

After seeing the latest Bold commercial I found this quite funny.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    03-27-12 07:15 PM
    I'd say 11-25 a day sounds about average. Low sender, much higher receiver. 99% sent from either my Bold 9900 or my PlayBook. (mostly my Bold)
    03-27-12 07:20 PM
    I send around 25-35 a day.

I usually use my PC to send emails, since I include attachments and prefer HTML format.

I usually just use the BlackBerry to skim through and delete emails that I have no intentions of replying to or forwarding.
    03-27-12 07:22 PM
    Probably 20 on avg to others. Mostly the same folks. I also send emails to myself as reminders / to do lists.

If I have a lengthy email reply I will often save it for when I am at a PC as I do not enjoy typing long emails on a touchscreen. Makes me want my Bold again. Lol. Other than that most short emails I send from my Torch.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by southlander; 03-27-12 at 07:26 PM.
    03-27-12 07:23 PM
    Usually 20-30 per day from my laptop. I just got a PlayBook so I am starting to use that more often.
    03-27-12 07:35 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD