Does the spell check in docs to go not function when youo use the new mini keyboard? this would be a huge issue for me if true.
    thanks
    03-27-12 06:46 AM
    It works just the same as using the on screen keyboard
    kingzogofalbania likes this.
    03-27-12 07:22 AM
    It works just the same as using the on screen keyboard
    Really? It means you can type special characters like � � � �, etc by holding a key pressed or using dead keys? That would be great, as most of what I type is in German and Spanish, and I can't type those characters with a normal Bluetooth keyboard on the PB or change the keyboard layout.

Please, confirm that if you can. I'd order it asap if that's the case.

Thanks in advance!
    03-27-12 12:07 PM
    You can There are keyboard shortcuts for MANY special symbols. A quick look at the users guide on the blackberry website will confirm this for you. It has all the shortcuts listed for quick reference.
    BrendaFdez likes this.
    03-28-12 12:08 AM
    Can't wait for my new mini keyboard. I think I'll turn my BB ecosystem into my truly mobile office. If the keyboard can keep my Book charged for a month then I'll have it everywhere with me. I think I'll have my iPod accompany and see if the keyboard will sync with it. That way I'll have the bigscreen for the research, and the iPod touch for the stability.
    03-28-12 03:43 AM
    You can There are keyboard shortcuts for MANY special symbols. A quick look at the users guide on the blackberry website will confirm this for you. It has all the shortcuts listed for quick reference.
    Thanks! I found it. Still, it's not like changing the layout to use the same "dead keys" I use on my computer. Having to press Alt+Sym+another key is more complicated than just pressing a key. But it's something!
    03-28-12 05:03 AM
    Yeah its not as seamless but it is there nonetheless. Not bad considering it is a mobile device. I hope you enjoy it!
    03-28-12 10:04 AM
    Can't wait for my new mini keyboard. I think I'll turn my BB ecosystem into my truly mobile office. If the keyboard can keep my Book charged for a month then I'll have it everywhere with me. I think I'll have my iPod accompany and see if the keyboard will sync with it. That way I'll have the bigscreen for the research, and the iPod touch for the stability.
    Ahh I have some bad news for you buddy.. You misread the features

The keyboard does not affect the charge level of the playbook. Its the keyboard that lasts 30 days on a single charge. The playbook stays the same. They are wireless so there is no hard connnection anywhere. Besides, that would make it a damn heavy keyboard case if they had to incorporate a battery to keep the playbook active for 30 days! You would have to add 30 playbook batteries to the weigh and in size lol.
    03-28-12 10:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD