I'm trying to upgrade with the download from this thread Latest Official and Leaked OS for the BlackBerry Bold 9930/9900 but every time I try I just flashes through the upgrade without actually doing anything, tells me it was succesfull and then nothing.

I've deleted the Vendor.xml file
    03-27-12 06:23 AM
    Did you delete BOTH vendor.xml files?

There's a second file. It's a hidden file in a hidden folder. Make sure to search the whole computer.
    03-27-12 12:04 PM
    If you're upgrading to 7.1 I crashed my phone so be careful. Are you upgrading from your cell phone carrier this will go smoothly rather than trying to load an upgrade not issued from the carrier. You can crash your phone and spend hours trying to get it fixed.
    03-27-12 12:12 PM
    If you're upgrading to 7.1 I crashed my phone so be careful. Are you upgrading from your cell phone carrier this will go smoothly rather than trying to load an upgrade not issued from the carrier. You can crash your phone and spend hours trying to get it fixed.
    The only difference bewteen installing an OS from you own carrier and a leaked OS or one from another carrier is the need to delete the 2 Vendor.xml files.

If you had problems upgrading to 7.1 two words come to mind, user error.
    03-27-12 12:19 PM
    What OS are you running and what OS are you updating to?
    03-27-12 12:22 PM
    I found "one" vendor.xml file in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

Where is the hidden one? I did a search on my computer, but couldn't find another vendor.xml file and I am having the same issue as the OP.
    03-27-12 12:41 PM
    I found "one" vendor.xml file in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

Where is the hidden one? I did a search on my computer, but couldn't find another vendor.xml file and I am having the same issue as the OP.
    �64-bit: Computer\C:\Users\{USER NAME}\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    �32-bit: Computer\C:\Documents and Settings\{USER NAME}\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    anon(2514601) and Dixon.ZA like this.
    03-27-12 12:45 PM
    �64-bit: Computer\C:\Users\{USER NAME}\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    �32-bit: Computer\C:\Documents and Settings\{USER NAME}\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    In the "Loader XML" folder, all I see is a file called "Device.xml." I don't see a vendor file. Do I delete the "Device.xml?"
    03-27-12 02:04 PM
    After deleting these two files, it seems to be updating properly. (in process now.) When I tried this yesterday, after only deleting the one obvious vendor file, OS 7.1 didn't even show up in the list of updates. Fingers crossed at a successful OS update! Excited!
    03-27-12 06:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD