Hello All,

I have a new problem now while connecting my phone to my computer. Two days back I disabled password protect in my phone and since then, when ever I connect my phone to computer via the USB cable, the phone detects and shows me options like USB Storage / Synch / Charge only.

I select USB Storage but my computer wouldnt show my memory card

I tried changing the blackberry cable and tried different usb ports. Also tried the blackberry fix "CaliFix.exe" but still didnt help.

The phone detects the USB connection and displays the option but my computer fails to display my memory card.

I use my phone to transfer files between computer this has been frustrating me since the issue has happened.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ebin
    03-27-12 02:25 AM
    A silly question, but do you open the Desktop Manager after attaching the phone? I have found that I can't get access to my memory card if Desktop Manager is not also open (even though the phone shows the options you mentioned).
    03-27-12 02:35 AM
    A silly question, but do you open the Desktop Manager after attaching the phone? I have found that I can't get access to my memory card if Desktop Manager is not also open (even though the phone shows the options you mentioned).
    I do not open Desktop Manager. It used to work like a USB thumb drive...but not anymore.

I only use desktop manager for backup files and when i am updating the OS.

Not sure what has happened now for the USB mode to fail.
    03-27-12 04:09 AM
    Any chance of testing on someone else's PC?

Or get a MicroSD Card Reader and try with that.
    03-27-12 04:33 AM
    If you're using windows, go into control panel > programs (uninstall a program), then select the bb desktop software, click on it, select REPAIR, reboot computer, see if the usb port works again. Good luck
    03-27-12 10:51 AM
    If you're using windows, go into control panel > programs (uninstall a program), then select the bb desktop software, click on it, select REPAIR, reboot computer, see if the usb port works again. Good luck
    Tried it now...doesnt work
    03-30-12 12:59 PM
    When you connect it, on the phone it shows 3 options. Pick the "USB" option.
    03-30-12 01:05 PM
    When you connect it, on the phone it shows 3 options. Pick the "USB" option.
    Yes I get the three options and I do select the USB one. The computer makes an sound notification that its connected but the drive doesnt show up...
    03-30-12 01:09 PM
    Technical time: Click your Start Menu on the PC. Right Click the "Computer" icon and select "Manage". Now select "Disk Management". Can you see the Blackberry listed at all? Maybe with an error on it, or mention of the wrong format?

Have you tested that MicroSD card anywhere yet? Different reader, different PC, etc.

Have you tried pulling the SD Card out and cleaning the contacts?
    03-30-12 01:13 PM
    Technical time: Click your Start Menu on the PC. Right Click the "Computer" icon and select "Manage". Now select "Disk Management". Can you see the Blackberry listed at all? Maybe with an error on it, or mention of the wrong format?
    I see it !!! [Healthy Partition]...

But why is not showing where it is supposed to be with ?

I checked the card in a reader and it worked. The contacts are clean.
    03-30-12 01:16 PM
    When you see it in Disk Management, does it have a drive letter allocated?

If not, try RIGHT CLICK and "Change drive letter and paths". Then pick a different letter for the OS to use.

You will not damage anything on the card with the above action. This just tells the PC which letter you want to use.

(Even if a letter is shown for the drive, you can still try changing it see if that helps)
    ebinmoothedam likes this.
    03-30-12 01:25 PM
    When you see it in Disk Management, does it have a drive letter allocated?

If not, try RIGHT CLICK and "Change drive letter and paths". Then pick a different letter for the OS to use.

You will not damage anything on the card with the above action. This just tells the PC which letter you want to use.

(Even if a letter is shown for the drive, you can still try changing it see if that helps)
    IT WORKED wwoohooo

It had a letter assigned to it...but I changed it to something else...and it worked !! I am happy now !!!!

Thanks a loottt !!!!

03-30-12 01:29 PM
    Excellent news. It could just be that the OS was using the letter for something else and getting confused.

Now you have set it to a new letter, it will always appear as that letter from now on.
    ebinmoothedam likes this.
    03-30-12 01:34 PM

Thanks Again
    03-30-12 01:41 PM

Have you tested that MicroSD card anywhere yet? Different reader, different PC, etc.

Have you tried pulling the SD Card out and cleaning the contacts?
    i have selected the disk management but i dont see blackberry anywhere.i have also downloaded and installed blackberry usb drivers but its not happening please help.
    11-06-12 12:53 AM
    @shrutikamtekar: Not sounding good. Can you get hold of a card reader to test the SD card outside of the phone?

Clean the card contacts. Check it looks okay.

I hope those "Blackberry drivers" came from RIM directly and not a random google as there is some odd scams out there.

A test. Plug the phone into a different USB port on the PC and watch the phone screen. Do you see the little menu for [USB Device, Sync, Charge] appear on the phone? If yes, select USB mode. Do you see the USB drive appear in windows now?

Have you tried a different computer?
    11-06-12 05:25 AM
    I'm having the same issue with my Z10 drives not showing in Computer or via the Disk Manager The Z10 says its connected to a computer, I tried "Autodetect" and "COnnect to WIndows PC" and still nothing BlackBerry Link is also unable to transfer files to it It just keeps saying "Preparing to sync". I gave it 10 minutes and it kept giving this message.
    03-19-13 06:59 PM
    When I plug it into my laptop it says the install failed and it can't find an appropriate driver
    03-19-13 07:16 PM
    I got it working! Not sure what I did. It involved rebooting and uninstalling/re-installing link. ANyhow, all is good !
    03-19-13 07:36 PM
    Having major problems. Tried doing an update w my BB Torch and it continues to stay frozen on "backing up data, at 9%). It has been this way for over 2 days. I have searched this forum and tried most of the remedies, however none has worked. Note: Im using A Mac and i can not see my usb port in use. Could this be the major problem? If so i do i detect if the usb is in use besides clicking on the Finder option? Also perhaps my usb connection cord is not working properly? Can anyone please help. Thanks
    10-07-13 10:23 PM
    Go find a friend with a PC as you'll find the Blackberry software tends to work better on that platform.

How old is your Mac? Check that your phone is actually supported by the version of software you are installing.
    10-08-13 03:03 AM
    I have done everything but it does now work. I can use Desktop Software to work with my files but cannot see / plug and play like USB storage device. Also the dialogue box in my device does not show up when connected to PC. Please help
    10-14-13 05:11 AM
    @probal: When you attach your phone to your PC... wait and watch the PHONE. A few seconds pass while the PC detects the device you have just attached. After a this short period of time you will see a menu appear on the phone asking if you want USB Drive, Sync Media or Charge Only.

Select USB Drive here and it will then ask you to enter your password on the phone (if you have a password on your phone). Once entered, the phone is then presented to the PC the same as a USB Storage Device.
    10-14-13 09:24 AM
    hi I need to connect my smart phone to my pc but cannot please can u help
    05-14-14 06:05 AM
    @gamsyg: you will have to supply a bit more information that that. What phone? What computer?

Assuming it is a Blackberry Bold 9780, have you downloaded and installed "Blackberry Desktop Manager"?

And really you should post a new thread for a question like this as it is not related to the current topic
    05-14-14 06:39 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD