Very basic, but neat little app showing off PlayBook goodness - by Research in Motion.

Anyone else check this out?

EDIT: I figured I'd add the link to the BlackBerry Dev Blog post on this - it's a good read, and possibly clears up any questions you may have about TunnelTilt.
    http://devblog.blackberry.com/2012/0...ad-tunneltilt/
    Last edited by joski; 03-28-12 at 11:10 AM.
    03-26-12 06:01 PM
    not tried it will give it a try laters thanks for heads up
    03-26-12 06:10 PM
    Tried, its really good! Got dizzy after 5 minutes of playing! Only problem is, you can move the screen with your finger if you drag your finger on it ( don't know if that's supposed to happen )
    03-26-12 06:29 PM
    Tried, its really good! Got dizzy after 5 minutes of playing! Only problem is, you can move the screen with your finger if you drag your finger on it ( don't know if that's supposed to happen )
    I think it's meant to be more of a demo of the device's capabilities. It runs really smooth and like you, I got dizzy after a few minutes! I also found myself crashing after getting further and further, expecting for some sort of score out of it each time haha
    03-26-12 06:46 PM
    I like it.

It's a WebWorks game, the game plays in the playbook browser
    03-26-12 06:59 PM
    I think it's meant to be more of a demo of the device's capabilities. It runs really smooth and like you, I got dizzy after a few minutes! I also found myself crashing after getting further and further, expecting for some sort of score out of it each time haha
    Hehe, I finally found the light at the end of the tunnel!
    03-26-12 07:13 PM
    I like it.

It's a WebWorks game, the game plays in the playbook browser
    That probably explains why I can move the screen all over the place, thanks for clarifying that
    03-26-12 07:14 PM
    It's for showing off PlayBook/BB10's WebGL capabilities.
    03-26-12 07:18 PM
    I haven't tried it as I noticed it was just for showing PlayBook/BB10 capabilities.
    03-26-12 07:20 PM
    It's for showing off PlayBook/BB10's SexGL capabilities.
    Fixed

10char
    03-26-12 07:21 PM
    I got it. I like it. But to those who know; is this WebGL thing suppose to be something really cool that the Playbook can do that other tablets can't do? Or maybe the better question is why would this app matter? What does it tell us the Playbook can do?
    03-26-12 09:25 PM
    I rather like it, short but sweet
    dave1701 likes this.
    03-28-12 09:08 AM
    Not sure what was updated but it went from 1.0 to 1.0.1 - I wonder if this will be a work in progress, or if it will remain as just a demo...
    03-28-12 09:32 AM
    haha i got it and it's pretty neat
    works great too
    03-28-12 10:03 AM
    Hehe, I finally found the light at the end of the tunnel!
    This game is fun and I probably would have gotten bored with it quicker if I hadn't seen this post and am now expecting there's an end point. Did you really get to an end or was this just a pun?
    03-29-12 03:06 PM
    Yeah there really is an end point
    03-29-12 05:10 PM
    I've made a video of this game, also showing me beat the game. I have to admit that it took me like 3 tries. Shhhh x3 Don't tell anyone ^^ Also, this video serves to show what the game is like; to give a taste of what it looks like.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfSBcHhOg0c[/YT]
    04-03-12 01:55 PM
    I've made a video of this game, also showing me beat the game. I have to admit that it took me like 3 tries. Shhhh x3 Don't tell anyone ^^ Also, this video serves to show what the game is like; to give a taste of what it looks like.
    How did you make this video out of curiosity?
    04-03-12 02:52 PM
    I didn't know it was possible to beat

But it is fun and free and looks cool. So it's a win in my book.
    04-03-12 02:57 PM
    How did you make this video out of curiosity?
    Check out my channel. I have a video of both the software and hardware setup showing how i do it and explaining how it works.

I just think just quality is a little bit better than an overview camera also showing my thick finger in the way xD ( or at least in most playbook games / apps ^^ )
    04-04-12 02:08 AM
    I rather like it, short but sweet
    I like it but I'm terrible at it. Way to fast.

Edit: Tried it again a second time, much easier.
    Last edited by Just Me; 05-18-12 at 09:44 AM.
    04-26-12 10:48 PM
    TunnelTilt is a Webworks/WebGL app demo that I assume is meant to encourage developers to get into WebGL programming for the Playbook. The WebGL is a Javascript API that works in any compatible browser without the need for plugins (paraphrased from Wikipedia).

The bottom line... WebGL is another feature of the Webkit browser on Playbook that increases the compatibility of Playbook's native browser to the highest levels with existing and future web content... We will see more WebGL in time, and it is great that Playbook can support it. We already know that the Playbook has one of the best HTML5 performance/compatibility scores out there.

Here are some sample WebGL pages that you can try out:

8 Crazy Animations With WebGL and HTML5 Canvas - Javascript

Try the above demos on the Playbook and also using Chrome browser on your laptop so you can see how they work. The nice thing about WebGL is that app developers can now start trying to use it in their Webworks apps and making interactive 3D games and apps. Personally I am looking into WebGL to add 3D models to my apps. So I am keen to try out some simple stuff.
    04-26-12 11:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD