So i got the app SKIT which is GREAT for jotting down notes... but now i need a stylus.

I found a bunch of deals on amazon:

GTMax 5 x Premium Quality Silver Metal Stylus Pens for Apple iPad 2 iPad WiFi/WiFi+3G Model ; HP TouchPad Tablet: Amazon.ca: Electronics

(there was a better one but i cant seem to find it anymore)

My question is WILL the GTMax stylus work to 'write' because many of the comments say it is only good for tapping and nothing else.

Does anyone have these?
    03-26-12 04:16 PM
    Buy one of the more expensive stylus pens if you're going to be using it to handwrite.
    I found this one after a quick search on amazon.

Stylus-Tablets/ Other Touch Screen Devices-Black: Amazon.ca: Electronics
    03-26-12 04:26 PM
    Well... if they both work the same i would rather buy 10 for the price of that one.

I dont have a problem buying a more expensive one if that is all that will work, but if i can pay the same price and get 10 then i can also give some to other people i know who have the pb.
    03-26-12 04:28 PM
    The first link looks exactly like a pair I received last week. Different brand name, but these things are probably all imported from China anyway so they're probably exactly the same. My opinion: one of the pair definitely works better than the other, for no apparent reason. The tips are very squishy, which seems weird for a stylus, to me at least. Took a little getting used to, but I have managed to write some stuff OK with it. See the attached pic for an example of something I did with the stylus. (ignore the incorrect physics). Still nothing compared to good old paper and pen.
    03-26-12 05:07 PM
    I bought a "knockoff" version that looks almost identical to the ones selling for $10 and up for about $2 and it works very well.
    Pretty basic design, with a soft rounded tip.
    03-26-12 05:27 PM
    03-26-12 06:29 PM
    I just went to a best buy mobile and asked if they had these (i have a gift card) and the guy said 'well they are for the ipad and idk if they will work for the pb' ... REALLY! Do you not KNOW that the screens are the same??? I was so upset and i was trying to explain to my gf that he should have known that.

then we go to eb games (to see if they have any there) and some kid was picking up random games and asking the guy 'is this good' and he was explaining everything about every game, and i told my gf 'THAT is what the guy at BB should be like... they should know everything about everything they are selling!!!'

anyways... rant aside... the one i tested at BB was $16.95 for black (silver was $16.99 for some reason) and it was also a very squishy bottom that took a couple milliseconds to register. so im thinking that if the other ones are like this then id rather buy 20 of them for the same price.

And yes, there are other 'brands' that are the exact same stylus. Follsom (or something) and a couple others.
    03-26-12 07:02 PM
    03-26-12 07:08 PM
    They will work but I wouldn't even call it that. Rubber isn't the ideal material to slide around like you need when writing. Check out the adonit jot for something that works much better. I also recommend sideloading freenote to take notes. It does everything skit does and shrinks down writing allowing you to fit more in on a page.

Downside, it is a little on the expensive side for a stylus but I am extremely pleased with it.
    juanyboomba likes this.
    03-26-12 07:26 PM
    STAPLES | BUREAU EN GROS

wow. staples beats amazon... WOW!

I saw another pen like the jot pro but thought for sure those discs wouldnt work... do they work really well? do they break easily?

if they make writing thinner then that is exactly what im looking for, but if i have to pay $4 for a new disc every week then it wont work.

also, what is the difference between the classic and pro... it is $10 difference in price
    03-26-12 07:29 PM
    Classic and pro difference is the pro has a rubber grip and magnet in it. On the ipad I guess it can stick to a certain spot on the bezel...? I don't know how the ipad is designed really. It sticks to the playbook as well but I lean towards not putting magnets near electronic devices. I went with the pro because I prefer heavier pens while writing and I thought with the magnet I would get a heavier product, the weight of it is pleasant and I like the rubber grip it has.

The disc seems solid enough to me as does the construction of the entire pen and I don't really see how someone would break it. I tend to take very good care of things I own so breaking things isn't something I generally have a problem with. I did buy 2 replacement discs when ordering on the off chance I did manage to break one though. I also wouldn't say they make writing thinner but you can actually see where you are writing. Thinner writing is a property of the app you are using afaik.
    03-26-12 10:01 PM
    Classic and pro difference is the pro has a rubber grip and magnet in it. On the ipad I guess it can stick to a certain spot on the bezel...? I don't know how the ipad is designed really. It sticks to the playbook as well but I lean towards not putting magnets near electronic devices. I went with the pro because I prefer heavier pens while writing and I thought with the magnet I would get a heavier product, the weight of it is pleasant and I like the rubber grip it has.

The disc seems solid enough to me as does the construction of the entire pen and I don't really see how someone would break it. I tend to take very good care of things I own so breaking things isn't something I generally have a problem with. I did buy 2 replacement discs when ordering on the off chance I did manage to break one though. I also wouldn't say they make writing thinner but you can actually see where you are writing. Thinner writing is a property of the app you are using afaik.
    Nice, thanks for that, i will look into them. I agree the taking care of things and ordering the extras just in case. As for the writing being thinner, you had mentioned that in your last post and for some reason I attributed it to the stylus but i just re-read it and saw that you said it was for the app.

btw, i checked the app store and couldnt find the app. what is the exact name? is it an android app?
    03-26-12 11:01 PM
    Yeah, it is an android app you'll have to sideload.

The link is in this thread:
    FSeverino likes this.
    03-27-12 09:15 AM
    Stay away from the cheap ones. I've been there. Bought a 3 pack online that look identical to the amazon ones. One worked intermittently, the others not at all. They've all gone into the garbage! I did try a more expensive one with some sort of fibers on the tip that worked much better, but I've found nothing that works as good as your finger tip.
    03-27-12 12:26 PM
    when i write with my finger it looks like im using my toes...
    03-27-12 02:07 PM
    Yeah, it is an android app you'll have to sideload.

The link is in this thread:
    dude... this app ROCKS! im deleting skit as i speak!

thanks man. i will be recommending this to everyone!

EDIT: Damn, this is a paid app. I dont like sideloading paid apps. As soon as this comes out on app world i am buying it!
    Last edited by FSeverino; 03-28-12 at 02:25 AM.
    03-28-12 02:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD