T-Mobile to lay off nearly 2,000 call center workers

I would be concerned if TMO transfers device tech support and Loyalty overseas, like they've pretty much done with general CS.

And this morning, I read an AT&T exec blaming these job cuts on the failed merger. He said AT&T would've guaranteed these jobs
    03-25-12 02:01 PM
    Sad. I wish they didn't take it overseas. CS seems to do best when it is based here. It's hard for me to call in with a problem and then get someone with such a thick accent that we barely understand each other.

Sent from my VZW Thunderbolt.
    03-27-12 09:34 AM
    Sad to hear that.
    05-11-12 12:42 AM
    That's never a good thing to see.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    05-13-12 08:59 PM
    You got to do what you got to do in order to stay profitable and to keep tmo running.
    05-14-12 01:53 PM
    T-Mobile Announces Future Job Cuts, Front-Line Staff Won�t Be Affected | | TmoNewsTmoNews

Article posted today explaining the reasoning etc. Still sucks to see all of those people go, on a bright side of everything they somewhat mention the front lines of the company won't be affected.

As mentioned in the March announcement, customer service representatives in the remaining 17 call centers, technicians in engineering, and frontline employees in our T-Mobile corporate-owned stores will not be affected.
    raino and gr8belief like this.
    05-15-12 04:05 PM
    Thanks ericlc2. This is indeed somewhat better news.

It's good to see TMO making somewhat of an effort. During the merger talk days, I really thought they were ready to sell and shut down shop.
    05-15-12 04:16 PM
    I spoke with some people not long ago, and brought up the merger thing. Apparently tmo is going to be better and stronger than ever in a matter of time. They received a lot of $ for not doing to merger (like in the billions). In 2013 its said they are going to be completely 4G LTE.
    05-16-12 03:47 PM
    Disappointing news this morning for the T-Mobile faithful as the newest JD Power 2012 Wireless Customer Care Full-Service Performance Study, Volume 2 places T-Mobile dead last in the overall customer care index ranking.
    The 2012 Wireless Customer Care study is based on response from 7,428 wireless customers due to their experiences with their respective carrier over the course of the past six months. The study was conducted between January and June 2012.
    There�s many ways I can imagine any company, including T-Mobile will try and spin this but as news of call center closings still looms in the back of our minds, we can�t help but wonder how T-Mobile plans on turning this around. For a company that used to dominate these rankings, the mighty have certainly fallen.
    Let�s remove ourselves from reality for a moment and ask what you, as the T-Mobile customer would do to improve customer service if you were in charge of customer care? Let�s not get hasty and include ideas that aren�t actually possible or wildly out of this world, but real world ideas that the company can actually carry out. Perhaps we�ll think of something the powers that be at T-Mobile haven�t or won�t. Just a thought.
    While this is all bad news, being dead last doesn�t bother me as much as losing to AT&T. I just loathe the idea of losing anything to AT&T. I don�t think I have EVER had a positive customer experience with their customer care department.
    Newest JD Power Customer Care Study Places T-Mobile Dead Last | | TmoNewsTmoNews

I believe this is a direct result of front line offshoring. I get more sales pitches than issues resolved.
    08-01-12 06:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD