İs it possible to load it to our bold 9900?
    03-25-12 10:44 AM
    No, it is not possible. Only OS7.
    03-25-12 10:48 AM
    We wish hehe.

OS7 is good enough for me........for now
    03-25-12 11:04 AM
    with a 1.2 ghz processor i know its possible but rim wont do it. its kind of a slap in the face to those who buy the os7 devices. think about it.... people are going to buy bb10 phones and have android apps and people on os7 will be stuck in the past. i hope rim offer a really nice payback system for those looking to upgrade from os7 to bb10 like they do now for those looking to upgrade from os6 to os7.
    03-26-12 01:50 AM
    with a 1.2 ghz processor i know its possible but rim wont do it. its kind of a slap in the face to those who buy the os7 devices. think about it.... people are going to buy bb10 phones and have android apps and people on os7 will be stuck in the past. i hope rim offer a really nice payback system for those looking to upgrade from os7 to bb10 like they do now for those looking to upgrade from os6 to os7.
    if specs is OK so i think we can find a way to load it.
    03-26-12 03:11 AM
    I highly doubt it. For example, BB10 has bezel gestures. 9900 doesn't have the hardware for it. the current os 7 devices has always been meant as a final version of the java based BBOS. I would be pleasantly if RIM updates the current os 7 devices to BB10.

But honestly, i hope they just focus on making the new BB10 phones brilliant.
    03-26-12 04:10 AM
    bb10 is going to look like the playbook but smaller.
    03-26-12 04:34 AM
    But honestly, i hope they just focus on making the new BB10 phones brilliant.
    This.

This is the most important thing by far. Let's try to not be selfish and realize that if RIM doesn't release an outstanding BB10 device by the end of the year, we may not have a BlackBerry for very much longer after that.

So, as long as RIM provides a decent buy back system, I don't think people will mind much. Let's just hope they do it right because I'd rather have BlackBerry stick around.

It's amazing how many people blindly hate on RIM without realizing that competition is a good thing. It's a shame people are so narrow minded.
    03-26-12 09:12 AM
    I still hope they would make a BB10 lite for the BB7 phones but i doubt that.
    Oh well, I could know that when I bought my 9900 but I'm happy with it.
    After 3 months I still love this baby.
    03-26-12 10:54 AM
    Everyone that owns a BB7 device had the means to know that it would not be supported by BB10. We have 2 things to consider. One is that RIM has not supported new OSes with their older phones for the last 2 generations. OS6 and OS7 were not supported by older devices. Also, I believe RIM said that the OS7 devices would not be upgradable and even if they didn't, it has been known with near 100% certainty that this would be the case. I bought my 9930 (for $100 and no upgrade) knowing that this phone would never run BB10 and I was completely fine with that.
    03-26-12 11:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD