Hello,

I found this bar on a german forum.
    I uploaded it to my PB with OS2 and it seems to be working.
    Even without magellan, so I think it's more stable than google maps and google navigation.
    You only need to register as a beta tester to get a serialnumber on the telmap website.
    Telmap Navi

Enoy it!
    03-25-12 04:35 AM
    Will try...
    03-25-12 05:03 AM
    Hello,

I found this bar on a german forum.
    I uploaded it to my PB with OS2 and it seems to be working.
    Even without magellan, so I think it's more stable than google maps and google navigation.
    You only need to register as a beta tester to get a serialnumber on the telmap website.
    Telmap Navi

Enoy it!
    If possible could you post images or video of the application..
    03-25-12 07:20 AM
    Works for me, I'll use it more this week. Thanks,
    03-25-12 07:59 AM
    Thanks... No issues with the download and activation. Will try it out here in a couple of minutes.
    03-25-12 09:32 AM
    I was able to find the source in the android market : https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...5hdmlnYXRvciJd , but not able to read German.

Is this apps is using Offline maps ? will it work in the USA ?
    Please advise.

Please advise.
    03-25-12 11:48 AM
    Canada/USA is not a choice in the country dropdown box. Any suggestions?
    03-25-12 02:44 PM
    I just put in UK from the list and it went through even though I live in California. This is great! Thanks for the find and the post!
    canuckvoip likes this.
    03-25-12 05:04 PM
    Download and install went well. Got the activation code no problem (thanks rudecat). No voice, 3D maps look nice and are accurate for the test I did. For my test I created a route from my house to my work. All worked well for the first few blocks and I decided to screw it up and cause some re-routes. It handled the re-routes fairly quickly, but as I got closer to (about half way) my destination it lost GPS and flicked over to written instructions. Could not re-establish GPS.
    Kind of like what happens with Google Nav. Seems like the Android player is snuffing the GPS but I'm not sure yet...
    fasteddyktm likes this.
    03-25-12 07:09 PM
    Download and install went well. Got the activation code no problem (thanks rudecat). .
    Planning to install it tomorrow - but I see that I will need to pass the activation step - any suggestion ? Links - how should I do it ? Who is "rudcat" ?

... 3D maps look nice and are accurate for the test I did. For my test I created a route from my house to my work. All worked well for the first few blocks a...
    Can you confirm it has Canada / US maps ?

Thanks.
    03-25-12 08:05 PM
    Planning to install it tomorrow - but I see that I will need to pass the activation step - any suggestion ? Links - how should I do it ? Who is "rudcat" ?

Can you confirm it has Canada / US maps ?

Thanks.
    Register here...
    Register to get Telmap5

Choose UK as the country
    Put in Android as the device
    Put in your cell number as 1+++ +++ ++++
    Wait for an email.

Pop the activation code in and you're good.

It found me in BC and gave me maps to my destination. But like I said, it lost GPS in about 10 mins or so...
    ygal5123 likes this.
    03-25-12 08:17 PM
    Tried it for a 10-minute drive. No sound, but the map and GPS seemed accurate. Will try a longer trip tomorrow.
    03-25-12 08:39 PM
    Thanks. - I hoped it is an offline NAV APPS - but seems it is not

Spent some time reading about the product (Android and BTW also BB - Navigation tool).
    From the Q&A page, i have learned that this apps is not using offline maps and this may cause the fact that you have lost your GPS, after you have tried to "trick the GPS" and drive in other way than you planned before .

Here is what i have copied from there site :

"Am I connected to the internet at all times when using Telmap5?

Connection to the Internet is only established when you request something such as a map or a route. Once a route is downloaded Telmap5 will continue guiding you to your destination based on the data already available even if there is no network coverage. Telmap5 only needs the reconnect to the Internet (if available) to periodically update real-time information such as traffic."

Thanks.
    03-25-12 08:58 PM
    i cannot seem to get this to work i have it all activated and have tried bridge ant tethered and cannot seem to get a fix on my location can alnyone help would love a nav app for playbook, only thing it doesnt have that i want
    03-26-12 07:46 AM
    please people outside there how do i get my activation code for telemap v5
    11-29-12 08:54 AM
    You have to choose UK as the country dropdown(or maybe any other countries other than US and Canada) and choose Android device as options. If you are in the US and choose US and BB device, you won't get an activation code.I tried it.
    12-08-12 11:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD