Hi all! Long time lurker but I've finally registered and am in need of a spot of help!

So I have a black 9780 and am wanting to swap the fascia / screen for the white one. I've read that the black 002/111 is compatible with the white 402/444 but can't find any similar information about my screen - the 004/111. Does anyone know if it is possible to get an oem white screen that will work on my blackberry? I'm not sure how to work out compatibility or what screen to get, and it seems there might not be oem 004/111 white screens?

Thanks in advance for any help!
    03-22-12 03:00 PM
    03-22-12 03:25 PM
    someone here on CB did a good survey just several weeks back / 2-3 months related to the OP's issue.

use the search to dig out the full info.
    03-22-12 05:03 PM
    Make sure you don`t purchase any LCD Screens from any Chinese companies i got burnt 3 times by 3 different companies.go figure all on EBAY....
    Be careful
    03-22-12 06:41 PM
    Hi all! Long time lurker but I've finally registered and am in need of a spot of help!

So I have a black 9780 and am wanting to swap the fascia / screen for the white one. I've read that the black 002/111 is compatible with the white 402/444 but can't find any similar information about my screen - the 004/111. Does anyone know if it is possible to get an oem white screen that will work on my blackberry? I'm not sure how to work out compatibility or what screen to get, and it seems there might not be oem 004/111 white screens?

Thanks in advance for any help!
    I have just converted my white 9780 to black. All the OEM white parts are available. If your interested I'll take some photo's.
    Malcolm.
    03-23-12 01:46 AM
    am in need of a spot of help!
    You've found the main guy - Malcolm. He has enuf experience to get you what you want.
    malgpz900 likes this.
    03-24-12 12:36 PM
    Malcolm.
    I understand you're the man to speak to regarding screen issues. I have a Bold 9780 with a white screen. Being somewhat resourceful and since the phone was no longer under warranty, I chose to find a YouTube video on how to dis-assemble the unit and find out what replacement screen I needed. Turns out it was model 004/111. Easy, I got on eBay and ordered up a new one (from China...stupid me). They sent me a 002/111. I've read the specs, and it is identical to that of my OEM screen and they do both go in that mode of BB but I've read that they are not compatible. Is it as simple as downloading a different device driver, or am I SOL? Thanks in advance (if I may be so Bold). Cheers
    12-10-12 10:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD