I find that since the 2.0 update, 'cliking' on a link within the browser does not work as well as it used to. It is really frustrating!

I sometimes have to press the link 3-4 times before the browser responds. Yes, cache has been cleared many times...I do it every 5 minutes or so otherwise the browser tends to crash on its own.

Anyone else notice this as well? Is there an alternative 'native' PB browser that I can try?
    03-21-12 11:57 PM
    Do you have any android apps? That has been found to slow down the response time a lot.
    I find, if I use the native app.. SimpleBrowserPlus App, it gets rid of a lot of the adds in websites, and loads faster. It's a great app and they have a free version and the paid version.. I use the paid version and worth the money.
    Last edited by jafobabe; 03-22-12 at 12:38 AM.
    03-22-12 12:06 AM
    Also good idea to install android task killer to make sure there are no apps running in the background.
    03-22-12 12:34 AM
    I find that since the 2.0 update, 'cliking' on a link within the browser does not work as well as it used to. It is really frustrating!

I sometimes have to press the link 3-4 times before the browser responds. Yes, cache has been cleared many times...I do it every 5 minutes or so otherwise the browser tends to crash on its own.

Anyone else notice this as well? Is there an alternative 'native' PB browser that I can try?
    I'm currently having the same issue as well. It wasn't fixed in OS2 but recently it's gotten worse to a point that it has become unbearable.

I have installed some android apps as of late so that could be the problem. This needs to be fixed asap because using the device becomes frustrating especially when your guessing what the issue could be.
    03-22-12 04:46 AM
    agree that the browser is not that responsive to click. and no response until a few seconds later. It's a tablet after all, so, a little bit patience will save the world. I'm now trained to click-and-wait. Browsing website, wandering in App World, opening up video or picture....
    03-22-12 05:15 AM
    Also good idea to install android task killer to make sure there are no apps running in the background.
    Which android task killer?

Besides, the browser runs native and am not using an 'android' browser. How would having any android app running in background affect the 'touch' responsiveness of the browser itself??
    03-22-12 07:07 AM
    I totally agree on the task killer app. Using this utility I have found a couple of android apps (YouVersion Bible and USA Today) that have a re-entrance issue (they initially close and then partially load back into memory on their own). When these apps partially load the PlayBook becomes slow to respond, jerky screen updates, and frequent browser crashes. It looks like these apps are not shutting down their threads that work with network connections properly.

I do not know if this is a programming bug or a problem with the PB Android VM. But when I removed these two applications (using DDPB - just using the trash can icon for Android apps does not always remove the app but just deletes the shortcut) my PlayBook returned to its normal state (fast response, no jerky screen updates, very few browser crashes - unless I try to load too much content into many tabs).
    03-22-12 09:05 AM
    Is it just the browser? Since OS 2.0 the touch screen response has been inconsistent. I say inconsistent because sometimes it does work as expected, but often it takes few tries to get an input registered, such as clicking into the text box to bring up keyboard, and it seems to respond to keyboard inputs late as well, for first few keys typically. I was wondering if it's just my PB.
    03-22-12 09:15 AM
    The response time has definitely slowed since the update and I didn't even have any Android apps on it. They need to address this soon, because I find myself getting frustrated to the point of putting the PB down because it can become unusable during browsing sessions!!
    05-06-12 06:42 AM
    i have the same issues.
    05-06-12 08:41 AM
    The browser issues will always remain a mystery. There's no certain "fix" yet for them, and I personally find there's no certain scenario that triggers specific behavior.

Just a few weeks back, I was having this issue and it was unbearable. Nowadays it's RARELY happening. What has changed from then till now? Nothing aside from the addition of a few more apps. Go figure.
    05-06-12 01:43 PM
    3 to 4 clicks on links is common for me as well with the native browser...
    05-06-12 02:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD