Hello everyone,

First time post here, but avid Crackberry fan and regular reader of the forums. Why did it take me so long to post!

Has anyone in Canada (or in the US) had issues with the Native Podcasts app missing from their PlayBook following the installation of OS2? I had the podcasts app prior to upgrading. Obviously, I don't use it much as I am only noticing it now...

I have tried downloading updates on two different WiFi networks to see if there were issues with RIM's detection of ISP IPs. No luck in finding an addtional 3-6 Mb update.

Haven't managed to find much through my forum searches. Anyone have suggestions or similar issues?

Thanks!
    03-21-12 09:58 AM
    Sorry but still need to ask... Have you checked the second page (swipe to the right to reveal the second page)?
    03-23-12 10:10 PM
    Well, I still haven't had any luck. I even tried switching over to a US proxy, but when I select "Check for Updates" not new updates occur..

I was hoping to find it in a second page... via swipe, but no luck. I checked my folders too. I am quite perplexed. Is there an application list (apart from My World) that can show if this is installed. I don't believe that there was a way for me to uninstall it.

I hope to regain the Podcast app, and "enjoy" the slime green...
    03-27-12 08:45 PM
    Well, I still haven't had any luck. I even tried switching over to a US proxy, but when I select "Check for Updates" not new updates occur..

I was hoping to find it in a second page... via swipe, but no luck. I checked my folders too. I am quite perplexed. Is there an application list (apart from My World) that can show if this is installed. I don't believe that there was a way for me to uninstall it.

I hope to regain the Podcast app, and "enjoy" the slime green...
    03-27-12 08:46 PM
    I just checked and on my US-based pb, the podcast app canNOT be deleted by normal means. In other words, when one presses/holds on icons, no Trashcan appears on the podcast icon that would allow it to be deleted.

Just to be sure, the icon is an image of a torso and head with two blue halos over the head. I had moved mine to a Media Folder.
    03-28-12 10:30 AM
    I am still at a complete loss...

I tried accessing WiFi from different locations. (home, work, coffee shop), but no new updates came about. I decided to use a US proxy to see if that would work, but the only update that came through was the Video Store...

Is there a possibility of an app icon being hidden or something of the like?
    04-16-12 08:15 PM
    Sorry for the duplicate post.

I resolved the issue, albeit not the simplest way.

After yesterday's new OS update, I figured that the app would be pushed to my PlayBook, but it was not the case.

I backed up my PlayBook, and reinstalled the OS via the DM (debrick method). A fresh install did the trick, and the Podcast app was there. However, when I attempted to restore my settings and applications, my previously downloaded apps were restored fine, but the podcast app was nowhere to be found.

As many here know, reinstalling the OS via DM takes forever. Doing it twice really kills ya!

Only option, clean install of the OS, and then reinstall apps via App World.
    Last edited by ForzaStevo; 04-18-12 at 08:36 AM. Reason: Duplicate Post
    ckeins likes this.
    04-16-12 08:16 PM
    Where can I download the OS for the PlayBook? I recently updated to 2.1 beta over the air, so I do not have any PlayBook OS files on my PC.
    07-31-12 03:26 AM
    Yup, I had a few hours of TED lectures and podcasts saved up for latest business trip, but when I got to the airport the podcast icon was there but it did nothing except produce a green screen. The app is not available for reloading...so what now?
    11-11-12 12:01 AM
    Someone on another thread gave a link for the podcast bar file. If you can find where the files were downloaded to you should be able to play them in the music player.
    11-11-12 02:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD