Do you know if the PlayBook will ever have the option to be able to upload photos from a digital camera? I don't have a computer so this would be the only way for me to import photos from my camera to playbook (unless I'm missing something) I would love the PlayBook to have one of them adapters like the iPad has...
    03-21-12 05:35 AM
    buy an ipad
    03-21-12 08:58 AM
    Do you know if the PlayBook will ever have the option to be able to upload photos from a digital camera? I don't have a computer so this would be the only way for me to import photos from my camera to playbook (unless I'm missing something) I would love the PlayBook to have one of them adapters like the iPad has...
    interesting question and would love to know also if this is possible.

thinking out loud, are there digicams with bluetooth?

maybe an hdmi to hdmi cable connection?

let's wait for the experts.

---------------------------

Sent from my Blackberry Playbook via Tapatalk
    03-21-12 08:59 AM
    The simplest option right now would be a portable hotspot + cardreader like CloudFTP.
    03-21-12 09:32 AM
    Apparently, the pb has the physical component to permit what is called usb otg (on the go) but it needs software. It may come but don't count on it, at least, not quickly.
    03-21-12 09:36 AM
    If you look at the Eye-fi website, they now have a "Mobile" card, that will dump images taken with your camera into Ipad. Trying to side load the bar file to see if it works on my E3 to PB.

Will keep you updated...............

Eye-Fi memory cards: wireless photo and video uploads from your camera to your computer & the web. | Eye-Fi

c
    03-21-12 10:00 AM
    buy an ipad
    Thanks for your impressive input!!!!
    03-21-12 06:35 PM
    Thanks for your impressive input!!!!

an appropriate response to a question you answered yourself.

you want similar functionality to something already available on another platform. functionality that will probably never come to the playbook. buy the setup that works the way you want so you don't and whine about lack of features.

because the "i want it like the ipad has" line is seriously getting old.
    03-21-12 07:47 PM
    an appropriate response to a question you answered yourself.

you want similar functionality to something already available on another platform. functionality that will probably never come to the playbook. buy the setup that works the way you want so you don't and whine about lack of features.

because the "i want it like the ipad has" line is seriously getting old.
    I was hardly 'whineing' (as you put it) I was just asking a mear question - hence this forum , and I never said I wanted an ipad I just asked if there was a gadget like that on the ipad for my camera issue! Please don't not put words into my mouth I haven't said and refrain from snotty responses....
    03-22-12 12:30 AM
  10. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    I was hardly 'whineing' (as you put it) I was just asking a mear question - hence this forum , and I never said I wanted an ipad I just asked if there was a gadget like that on the ipad for my camera issue! Please don't not put words into my mouth I haven't said and refrain from snotty responses....
    The OP has a totally valid comment and need! ... I would like that feature also! .. and I love the Playbook!!

... OP, ignore the sarcastic comments of some posters on this site .. fortunately most will give an intelligent answer and there are many who are experts too ... ignore the rest ... just a fact of life on Crackberry the past few years unfortunately ....
    artie and haveusean like this.
    03-22-12 01:30 AM
    Having a camera adapter will be cool. Especially when the PB has a beautiful screen and awesome scrapbook app. If that adapter come, I'll definitely get it.

However as of now there seems to be no such adapter

Do not take some of the replies seriously, people have been sensitive lately

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    03-22-12 01:47 AM
    Yes I would love an official Eye Fi app as well, l contacted Eye Fi about this I think if enough people ask we could get it. It's already there for the Kindle Fire, which is a an incapacitated PlayBook . Eye Fi cards which have built in wireless transmitters and are fantastic. Making the app for Eye Fi tech should be fairly simple matter of converting an apk into a bar file. As far as I know the app has to be official as each card has a serial number and has to be Paired (the Eye Fi term for connected ) via Eye Fi desktop software which is very easy but has to be done through their software to the device of your choosing . This is what gives me doubts about sideloading. To me it's a bit of a technical hurdle more than anything else. Once there is an official app it should be smooth and simple. Eye Fi also has cloud storage or what they call endless memory. World traveler and former ceo may be you could use your experience and leverage as a ceo to help get this done. I and alot of others, I imagine would be incredibly grateful. The Eye Fi card would definitely solve your problem of wireless uploads. It would also enable you to immediately edit and email as well as store to cloud on the spot, as photos are taken.
    Last edited by Apelles1; 03-22-12 at 08:59 AM.
    03-22-12 02:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD