We're delighted to introduce a major update to our Files & Folders file and cloud manager!

New features in v4.0:

• SugarSync joins Dropbox, Box and Google Docs in the list of supported cloud services. Manage your cloud files in the same way as files locally on your PlayBook. SugarSync gives you access to your workspaces, magic briefcase, mobile photos, web archive and received shares.
    • We've also added a Starred Folders feature that lets you mark local folders as well as folders in the cloud as "favorite". This gives you super quick access to your frequently used folders.
    • The many performance improvements result in a speedier experience.
    • Support for PlayBook OS 2.0 and BlackBerry Remote
      Improved (but still unofficial) Bridge function should allow you to copy files from your PlayBook to your BB Smartphone.

Known issue: when copying a file to Bridge, other PlayBook apps are unable to access that file on the phone until the PlayBook has been restarted. Of course they can still access the original file.

Full release notes are on our Facebook page.

This version requires PlayBook OS 2.0.

03-21-12 12:17 AM
    just checked. Alert received. But when I click the alert, it goes to App World with version 3.0.2 only. No update is available, yet. Will check again tomorrow morning.
    03-21-12 12:28 AM
    It sometimes takes a while before all the App World servers are updated. Shouldn't take too long.
    03-21-12 12:40 AM
    I have the update, awesome thanks. Great stuff!!!
    Innovatology likes this.
    03-21-12 01:22 AM
    We're delighted to introduce a major update to our Files & Folders file and cloud manager!

New features in v4.0:

• SugarSync joins Dropbox, Box and Google Docs in the list of supported cloud services. Manage your cloud files in the same way as files locally on your PlayBook. SugarSync gives you access to your workspaces, magic briefcase, mobile photos, web archive and received shares.
    • We've also added a Starred Folders feature that lets you mark local folders as well as folders in the cloud as "favorite". This gives you super quick access to your frequently used folders.
    • The many performance improvements result in a speedier experience.
    • Support for PlayBook OS 2.0 and BlackBerry Remote
      Improved (but still unofficial) Bridge function should allow you to copy files from your PlayBook to your BB Smartphone.

Known issue: when copying a file to Bridge, other PlayBook apps are unable to access that file on the phone until the PlayBook has been restarted. Of course they can still access the original file.

Full release notes are on our Facebook page.

This version requires PlayBook OS 2.0.

SWEET!
    10char
    Innovatology likes this.
    03-21-12 01:27 AM
    Is this where we say... "mamma mia.. mamma mia"! ?? Thanks!
    Innovatology likes this.
    03-21-12 01:37 AM
    I used to complain about not having a native Dropbox app, but let me just say this is even better as it goes a step further having all the cloud services under one roof, excellent app. Thanks you devs for your hard work highly appreciated!
    Innovatology likes this.
    03-21-12 03:35 AM
    Sweet action.
    Innovatology likes this.
    03-21-12 05:14 AM
    Thanks! Great update and great app!
    Innovatology likes this.
    03-21-12 05:32 AM
    awesome i look forward to testing this out
    Innovatology likes this.
    03-21-12 06:22 AM
    Right, now look. If I buy this app, can you guys get complacent and stop working on updates?

More seriously, I'll be buying this evening when I get home - had the trial a few weeks ago, and it was brilliant. There's probably too much functionality in the app for my needs, but that's like saying "maybe that pudding has too much chocolate sauce on"...

Nice work!
    Innovatology likes this.
    03-21-12 08:25 AM
    Thanks a million for a great update sir!!!
    I have yet to sign up for Sugar but have been abusing the Dropbox/Box with glee.
    Also liking the apparent speed boost too!
    Innovatology likes this.
    03-21-12 11:04 AM
    There's probably too much functionality in the app for my needs, but that's like saying "maybe that pudding has too much chocolate sauce on"...
    You can never have too much chocolate. We do our best to make sure new features don't get in your way if you don't need them. For the next version we'll probably add something to be able to hide the cloud services that you don't use.
    03-21-12 12:04 PM
    I like the update. the starr feature is good. never used sugar sync. but until I get bridge file acess it won't be perfect.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    Innovatology likes this.
    03-21-12 06:52 PM
    Hey guy's another great update.
    You know you have to do .rar support next don't you
    Innovatology likes this.
    03-22-12 03:36 AM
    Absolutely brilliant. I've just bought it. Well done guys!!
    Innovatology likes this.
    03-22-12 04:20 AM
    I have. A quick question. I've had your app for a while and now it is first time when I need to cut and paste file from one folder to another. The file is 700 mb and it is been 10 minutes already and the file is still being moved to another folder I expected that this process will take seconds not minutes. Is this a problem with pb or your app?
    Innovatology likes this.
    03-22-12 08:41 AM
    This is a side effect of the way we handle multiple file systems (local, cloud, bridge, zip files etc). The local file system has not (yet) been optimized for such huge files. We're looking at doing some optimizations and moving some of those functions into native code, but have no timeline for that at the moment.
    03-22-12 09:24 AM
    the favorites tab is just great i love it...thx for a great app...
    Innovatology likes this.
    03-22-12 09:32 AM
    I have some question before I buy this apps.
    1. Support Win 7 Pro ?
    2. Is this 2 way sync between PB and PC via wifi ?
    3. Files only or/and folders sync ?

I need 2 way sync app via wifi than cable to avoid port damage.

Thank you

*Just solve how to sync via wifi by turn on wi-fi sharing on PB setting (storage & sharing)*
    Last edited by Jlodon2012; 04-02-12 at 11:56 AM. Reason: Solve
    03-31-12 10:56 PM
    1. Support Win 7 Pro ?
    2. Is this 2 way sync between PB and PC via wifi ?
    3. Files only or/and folders sync ?
    I need 2 way sync app via wifi than cable to avoid port damage.
    Files & Folders does not perform any syncing, it just allows you to access your cloud files. We have a sync solution on our roadmap, but there are some technical details (in PB OS and in the various cloud API's) that need to be ironed out first.

To sync files directly to your PlayBook it would probably be best to do that from your PC over a wifi connection. Just set up the PlayBook to allow file sharing, and use a program such as SyncBack on your PC to keep files on your PlayBook up to date. Don't sync too frequently though, otherwise you'll drain the battery of your PlayBook while connected to your local network.
    04-02-12 07:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD