I tried to put a video from my PlayBook onto SugarSync with the Android app and it failed. I was eventually able to do it, but eleven days later I am still getting the download unsuccessful notification every time I open the Android player to use any Android app.

I have deleted SugarSync, restarted the PlayBook, reinstalled SugarSync, restarted, and finally deleted it again. At every step of the way I keep getting the download unsuccessful notification. How can I make it forget about it already??
    03-20-12 12:09 PM
    I tried to put a video from my PlayBook onto SugarSync with the Android app and it failed. I was eventually able to do it, but eleven days later I am still getting the download unsuccessful notification every time I open the Android player to use any Android app.

I have deleted SugarSync, restarted the PlayBook, reinstalled SugarSync, restarted, and finally deleted it again. At every step of the way I keep getting the download unsuccessful notification. How can I make it forget about it already??
    maybe its the Auto Sync feature. I loaded the sugarsync app on my PB and was getting the "there is x amount of files ready to sync.. blah blah blah".

I turned the auto sync feature off and any possible sync feature i can find at the time and never got any notification anymore.
    03-20-12 12:43 PM
    Thanks for the idea. I was getting those notifications as well, and turning off the sync feature did solve that. The odd thing with my current issue with the download unsuccessful notification is that it is happening even though I no longer have the app installed on my PlayBook. It happens every time I open any Android app. It's got something stuck in its memory that shouldn't be there.
    03-20-12 07:19 PM
    Thanks for the idea. I was getting those notifications as well, and turning off the sync feature did solve that. The odd thing with my current issue with the download unsuccessful notification is that it is happening even though I no longer have the app installed on my PlayBook. It happens every time I open any Android app. It's got something stuck in its memory that shouldn't be there.
    Did you remove the app through the playbook it through the DDPB side loading app?
    03-20-12 07:27 PM
    maybe its the Auto Sync feature. I loaded the sugarsync app on my PB and was getting the "there is x amount of files ready to sync.. blah blah blah".

I turned the auto sync feature off and any possible sync feature i can find at the time and never got any notification anymore.
    Did you remove the app through the playbook it through the DDPB side loading app?
    Hmm. I did the first time, but now I realize that I reinstalled it immediately afterwards. The second time I just deleted it on the PlayBook. I will try doing it through DDPB now and let you know what happens.
    03-20-12 07:34 PM
    Hmm. I did the first time, but now I realize that I reinstalled it immediately afterwards. The second time I just deleted it on the PlayBook. I will try doing it through DDPB now and let you know what happens.
    Nope. I was hopeful, but it didn't work. I used DDPB to uninstall, then restarted the PlayBook. I still got the notification. I restarted it again just to be sure, but still as soon as I open Words With Friends or Latitude or Overdrive the SugarSync notification pops up. I don't know if it bothers me enough to do a security wipe and start over, but that's what it is starting to look like it will take.
    03-20-12 07:58 PM
    Yeah.. definitely try removing it through DDPB and see what happened.

I think maybe because the side loading not officially supported by the playbook, it doesn't remove everything for an app when removing it by just deleting it.

Let me know

Cheers
    03-20-12 07:58 PM
    Any luck if removing the app using the DDPB if it removed the notifications?
    lklim likes this.
    03-22-12 01:09 PM
    Any luck if removing the app using the DDPB if it removed the notifications?
    I posted a couple of days ago that it did not work, but since then the notification has finally stopped. I guess it needed a little time to cycle itself out or something. Whatever! I'm just happy it's gone. Thanks for your help and for following up. It's rare I have an issue that I can't find already addressed somewhere on this forum, but it's great to find people willing to try and help when I do.
    03-22-12 11:39 PM
    I posted a couple of days ago that it did not work, but since then the notification has finally stopped. I guess it needed a little time to cycle itself out or something. Whatever! I'm just happy it's gone. Thanks for your help and for following up. It's rare I have an issue that I can't find already addressed somewhere on this forum, but it's great to find people willing to try and help when I do.
    It's nice when things fix them selves.

Glad I can be of help. Have a good one.
    03-23-12 09:05 PM
    Hey I had the same problem. As I was reading your post, it hit me to try and select the notification and just hold my finger on it. When I did, it took me to a download page that I think is inside sugarsync. There I was able to select the file and delete it. I think this fixes the problem. If it comes back, I'll let you know.
    08-29-12 03:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD