It was only on store shelves for 4 weeks, so I'd like to know where the left over unsold torches went? I wish they'd bring it back and give it another chance. I'm glad T-Mobile is still supporting it & provided the official 7.1 OS update.
    03-19-12 10:19 PM
    I was at a T-Mobile by my house, where I bought my 9900. It's a corporate store, not an authorized retailer, and it's on display, right next to the 9900, for $249.99 on a 2 year contract. They didn't even have it on display like that when I bought it in November, so it was nice to even see some advertising for it.

I still think it's a great phone, it just has not been marketed by RIM or T-Mobile whatsoever, so I'm not sure how people are expected to know that it exists...
    auditman and igotberryfever like this.
    03-20-12 12:57 PM
    They still sell the 9810's through contract subsidization at various places.
    03-20-12 01:46 PM
    The store I bought my 9810 still has it on display and they said they have about 10 in stock. They didn't know if they would get more in the future or not. But it seems to me they are still selling the ones that have already been stocked.
    03-21-12 04:23 PM
    T-Mobile pulled it off web site, Sprint pulled the torch 9850 radio Shack pulled all blackberries where the is thorston
    03-21-12 04:32 PM
    Same thing seems to have happened here in Canada with our AWS carrier Mobilicity.... It worries me a bit, I just purchased my Torch and its already off the shelves??? Hopefully warranty repairs won't be affected.
    03-21-12 04:44 PM
    Yes scary, either bb10 is early or RIM is in trouble.
    03-21-12 05:06 PM
    Vodafone UK have also dropped it, and O2 currently having a flash sale offering for free on all tariffs, possibly getting rid of as much stock as possible, wonder whats going on its a great phone.
    03-21-12 05:39 PM
    Mobilicity sold it on sale for $299.00 no contract. I bought one for myself. Came by a week later to pick one for my cuz. But they are all sold out because of the recent sale not because they yanked it out.
    03-21-12 08:08 PM
    Att raised the price of 9810 from $49. T mobile had a phone give away around a month ago on a saturday in ny. Free phone with new 2 year contract. I'm sure a lot of phones went out then.
    03-21-12 10:42 PM
    They are still on display and for sale at select T mobile stores here in Michigan too. I have been super curious on why they discontinued such an awesome device and I have heard 456 different reasons and non of em the same lol.
    03-22-12 01:11 PM
    Tmobile did a poor job of:
    -marketing the 9810
    -selling it at a lower launch price like AT&T did

So then the sales probably weren't that high, so they canned it. But a large part of it is Tmobile's fault.
    03-22-12 01:29 PM
    The most logical one I heard is that since the "deal" with ATT fell through, they were no longer authorized to sell the "exclusive" device. Made sence since they took it down shortly, very shortly after the deal ended. Who's to say?
    03-22-12 01:36 PM
    Even if that is true, tmobile launched it at $249 subsidized compared to AT&T's $49 and better marketing...

AT&T will sell way, way, way more (as well as just being a larger carrier to begin with).
    03-22-12 02:09 PM
    Their pricing was completely outrageous for the 9810....in fact, it was for every BB device for that matter. Seems like Tmo had or has an issue with moving BB devices and prices them out of budget for the "average" consumer. Im terrified to see what they are going to charge when BB10 devices start hitting the shelves.
    03-23-12 08:19 AM
    Carriers can be frustrating at times. One of my berry contracts is ending in two months and am switching carriers because of this lack of love. I know they will beg me to stay and have a response as long as my arm ready on why their attitude towards RIM has pushed me away.
    When I bought my PB I had to warn the sales lady that if she mentioned the ipad again I was going to buy elsewhere.
    03-23-12 08:31 AM
    I thought RIM made relatively more per device on the 9810 as it shares parts with the 9800 and uses the 9900 processor but they have canned it in favour of countless Curves?
    They hardly marketed it too inspite of how great it actually is.
    RIM what gives?
    03-24-12 07:12 AM
    I really don't know why they pulled the 9810..I had one briefly, but sold it only because work got me a 9930..I really liked it while I had it though.
    03-24-12 09:45 AM
    Mobilicity sold it on sale for $299.00 no contract. I bought one for myself. Came by a week later to pick one for my cuz. But they are all sold out because of the recent sale not because they yanked it out.
    The mobilicity website does not have the 9810 anymore, its been discontinued
    03-24-12 11:44 PM
    The mobilicity website does not have the 9810 anymore, its been discontinued
    They sold all their 9810 when it went on sale for$299. I was talking to a corporate dealer. They r not sure if they are getting anymore. Thats the main reason why its not on d website anymore.
    03-25-12 01:23 AM
    FWIW, the two most recognizable phones I see people using in Downtown Toronto are the iPhone 4 / 4s and the Torch 9800 / 9810. I constantly peek at what handset people are using, and I do see lots of iPhones, lamentably (god I hate slab touch-screen phones) but I see a lot of people using the Torch. A LOT.

I wonder what the customer satisfaction ratings on the Torch 9810 are. I'm very happy with mine.
    03-26-12 10:35 AM
    FWIW, the two most recognizable phones I see people using in Downtown Toronto are the iPhone 4 / 4s and the Torch 9800 / 9810. I constantly peek at what handset people are using, and I do see lots of iPhones, lamentably (god I hate slab touch-screen phones) but I see a lot of people using the Torch. A LOT.

I wonder what the customer satisfaction ratings on the Torch 9810 are. I'm very happy with mine.
    I have to admit, I was very apprehensive when I bought mine on AT&T, but the 9900 wasn't out yet. I have been very happy. It's a solid phone.
    03-26-12 02:00 PM
    Their pricing was completely outrageous for the 9810....in fact, it was for every BB device for that matter. Seems like Tmo had or has an issue with moving BB devices and prices them out of budget for the "average" consumer. Im terrified to see what they are going to charge when BB10 devices start hitting the shelves.
    My thoughts exactly. I bought the Bold for $299.99 when it launched. and that was AFTER the mail in rebate. I ended up paying almost $400 out the door that day. For that kind of money, customers COULD get the top of the line Android. I know the Bold is the BlackBerry flagship, so I could maybe understand $199.99, but honestly, T-Mobile and RIM are both in no position to be asking that much for what they offer (and I say that with respect for both, as I've been a loyal customer of each for about 6 years).

Imagine if the Bold was $149.99. Or the Torch was $49.99 to match at&t or even $99.99. Nokia is launching their Lumia 9000 on at&t for a rumored $99.99 in April, I'm sure to saturate the market with their flagship device. RIM should have done something similar on T-Mobile. Had they launched their BlackBerry 7 phones at more reasonable price points, surely more people would have bought them, which would lead to these "checks" that analysts do reporting that OS7 phones are selling well, and RIM could have a pretty earnings call where they could have claimed that they had regained some of their lost market share.

It's all but a sure thing that if BlackBerrys were priced more affordably, many of them wouldn't be End Of Life already. Anyone remember the Motorola RAZR? It was on shelves FOREVER, because people still bought them. So EOL doesn't mean it's a bad phone...
    03-27-12 03:28 AM
    I got mine through an authorized dealer a month ago and it was the last one. My theory is they are all at corporate for when the ones already sold break down. I just got my second one in the mail today because I had keys not working.
    03-29-12 12:14 AM
    im looking for one through tmobile. att screwed me over badly so i went to tmo and havent been happier however when i had the cash to upgrade to the torch 9810 no one in my area has it available. can anyone tell me where i can get a new one for tmobile?
    03-29-12 11:54 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD