For the past week or so, my battery has been dying pretty quickly (within 4-5 hours after a full night's charge) with usual and minimal usage. The back of the phone feels hot so I removed the battery cover to discover the battery itself is cool, it's the part below the battery where the SIM and SD cards go that is fairly warm.

Has anyone else experienced this? What could be causing this? My memory is pretty high and I haven't experienced any heavy memory leaks. I don't know what else to do.
    03-19-12 03:51 PM
    That's typical of background data usage. If you hold down the Menu/BlackBerry key to see the Switch Application panel, what applications are open? There should only be five: Home, Mail, Browser, Phone, and BBM.

Have you installed any new apps in the past week? Could it be status updates in Social Feeds, Twitter, Facebook, or a weather app? Is BlackBerry Protect configured to do backups even if it's not on Wi-Fi? Any streaming of YouTube or other media? Check to make sure the media player isn't looping an album with the sound turned down.
    03-19-12 04:19 PM
    If you're running a recent version of OS 7.1 use the blackberry device analyzer to look at the battery drain trends, it's quite useful as it even tells you which modules used the most cpu, which will tell you the battery drain culprits.
    03-19-12 04:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD