Nexus; the fastest, most convenient way to share files on the BlackBerry� PlayBook™. With this application, you can share your pictures, music, videos, and documents with any BlackBerry� PlayBook™ running Nexus.

When you launch Nexus while connected to your local wireless network, any other BlackBerry� PlayBook™ running Nexus on the same network will automatically appear.

This application allows you to directly interface with one or more BlackBerry� PlayBook™ at the same time - No server needed.

Please Note: Nexus is designed to automatically connect to other BlackBerry� PlayBook™ on the local wireless network only. Devices such as proxies or firewalls may prevent devices from communicating, so it is always best to be connected to the same wireless network.

*Update*: A free/trial version is now available!

Here is a video of an earlier build that shows it in action:

Nexus is available now in BlackBerry App World
    Last edited by labwaste; 03-26-12 at 12:59 PM. Reason: Update
    03-19-12 07:29 AM
    This looks really cool, thanks!
    03-19-12 07:39 AM
    So great! Can it do between PC and PlayBook?
    03-19-12 08:25 AM
    Awesome can't wait to get home and try it out.
    03-19-12 08:30 AM
    So great! Can it do between PC and PlayBook?
    Setup your PlayBook for wifi file sharing.
    03-19-12 08:30 AM
    Setup your PlayBook for wifi file sharing.
    Still, I go out and change my connection a lot, so I rarely have the same ip, a PC adaptation of Nexus to work with the PlayBook could be pretty cool, extremely useful actually.
    03-19-12 03:58 PM
    This can prove to be very useful in sending pics of the kids and stuff to my brother in laws tablet when he comes to visit. Great idea!
    03-19-12 06:20 PM
    Just purchased it, and it is really convenient. It does does WiFi for connectivity. It'd be interesting if it can do the same over Bluetooth in case there is no WiFi router nearby.

Actually, I could use my Bold in hotspot mode to get the PlayBooks to share! This is madness!
    03-19-12 06:57 PM
    Just purchased it, and it is really convenient. It does does WiFi for connectivity. It'd be interesting if it can do the same over Bluetooth in case there is no WiFi router nearby.

Actually, I could use my Bold in hotspot mode to get the PlayBooks to share! This is madness!
    Blackberry hotspot works great for this.
    03-20-12 07:42 AM
    If possible, in a future update, can you let one of the playbooks create an ad-hoc wifi network? obviously a bit of a different vein of development, but would be extraordinarily useful. (also dont limit to 5 connections on the WIFI, see if you can do more, for meetings etc)
    03-20-12 07:47 AM
    If possible, in a future update, can you let one of the playbooks create an ad-hoc wifi network? obviously a bit of a different vein of development, but would be extraordinarily useful. (also dont limit to 5 connections on the WIFI, see if you can do more, for meetings etc)
    I believe it would be up to RIM to have Ad-Hoc wifi support on the PlayBook, but I will look into it. Hopefully RIM allows us to increase the maximum number of connections via the phone hotspot in a future OS update for the phone, since Nexus can handle more than 5 at a time. Like you said, great for meetings, etc.
    03-20-12 08:09 AM
    Such a kickass app, thanks for sharing!!
    03-21-12 06:51 PM
    Is this the official app that was demoed a couple of weeks ago by RIM?
    My pb is at home, so I can't check it
    03-21-12 09:16 PM
    A free/trial version is now available!
    03-26-12 07:34 AM
    And here is a video of an earlier build that shows it in action (video quality isn't 100%):

03-26-12 01:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD