Hey all,

In addition to releasing my Send to PC app this weekend, I've also released my next app, named "Print". It allows you to print from your PlayBook: Just select a file on your PlayBook and it will start printing, routed through your PC. (Sorry, no Mac support yet)

Print on App World

If you give it a try, reply to this thread and let me know what you think!

----

I'll also take a moment to mention some other apps that I've collaborated with people on recently:

- Sync for Facebook
    I've written a few photo syncing apps, such as Picasa Sync, Flickr Sync, and Smug Sync. This is the equivalent for Facebook, allowing you to download your Facebook photo albums to your PlayBook. If you're like me, some of your very best photos from the last few years are on Facebook, so it's great to be able to grab those onto your PlayBook and flip through them in the native Pictures app.

- Vote
    My professional designer friend has written a couple apps with me now, the first being Solicit, the second being Vote. It allows you to setup a quick vote, either Yes/No, or multiple choice, and pass your PlayBook around to have people vote on the question. When you're done, it produces a really pretty graph of the results, etc. I wish the screenshots in App World weren't so darn fuzzy looking because they don't show off how polished and pretty the visuals are. I think Graham did a great job on this one, check it out!
    03-18-12 05:54 AM
    And one other recent app that I collaborated with someone on:

Buy Wooden Maze - Download Wooden Maze - Buy Games from BlackBerry App World
    03-18-12 06:07 AM
    is there anythinng installed on the PC side?
    03-18-12 06:58 AM
    Are you looking to have support for a network printer . My printer is hooked up to .y router and all pcs can print from there .. No real connection to my computer to printer ..
    03-18-12 07:31 AM
    is there anythinng installed on the PC side?
    Yes, a small tray app handles the connection between PC and PlayBook and then initiates the printing.
    03-18-12 07:44 AM
    Are you looking to have support for a network printer . My printer is hooked up to .y router and all pcs can print from there .. No real connection to my computer to printer ..
    Hey Jeff,

So long as that network printer is your default printer on your PC, then it should work just fine even though there's no physical connection between computer and printer.
    Dudtaf likes this.
    03-18-12 07:45 AM
    Is this a native app? And when a Mac version? Thx, looks interesting..
    03-18-12 07:56 AM
    03-18-12 07:58 AM
    Is this a native app? And when a Mac version? Thx, looks interesting..
    Yup, this is a native app. (I'm assuming you're asking whether it's native VS Android)
    03-18-12 08:07 AM
    Yup, this is a native app. (I'm assuming you're asking whether it's native VS Android)
    Yes, that's right native and not ported. But need Mac version lol
    03-18-12 08:12 AM
    App not supported???
    Clicked the link provided and that's what I get.
    03-18-12 08:21 AM
    Installed. "Print" app with virus checker off and it works fine. As soon as I turn the virus software back on it removes the program. I'm using cogeco F-secure.
    03-18-12 09:01 AM
    Great app. Works really well....
    03-18-12 10:54 AM
    Thanks OP!
    You need to add a link in your original post on the other thread for the 'send to pc', so others know of this one.. please

Yesterday I installed the 'Send to PC' and have just now purchased this app.
    Thank goodness someone posted a link from the other thread (Playbook forum) to this one!

This is sooooo easy! And does what it says... App was $.99 plus tax (for me) for $1.07 and well worth it!

Feedback was left in AppWorld... 5 Stars... Great!
    Last edited by jafobabe; 03-18-12 at 03:12 PM.
    03-18-12 11:58 AM
    Daniel, awsome job.....works perfectly. Thanks for filling the gaps,much appreciated.
    danielbigham likes this.
    03-18-12 12:54 PM
    Worked great! Well worth the price. Priceless as compared to what the iPad can do.
    danielbigham likes this.
    03-18-12 01:46 PM
    I noticed the reviews in App World for this App, that they were concerned with installing the mini app to their computer and having a security issue of priviate info being leaked?

When you are not using this Print App, you can (on your PC), Exit the Print App, which should stop any transmissions.
    03-18-12 03:16 PM
    I have a question, say you are away from your home pc, and you want to print a document via someone else's printer, or a printer at a kinko's, how does this app facilitate that?

OK, I lied, one more question, what is the problem or barriers to developing an app for the PB where it can send a document for printing directly to a wi-fi/blue tooth enabled printer?
    03-18-12 04:46 PM
    OK, I lied, one more question, what is the problem or barriers to developing an app for the PB where it can send a document for printing directly to a wi-fi/blue tooth enabled printer?
    Two (count 'em) problems/barriers for 3rd-party developers:

1. lack of BT APIs
    2. lack of local area networking APIs
    3. lack of printer APIs/drivers
    03-18-12 05:09 PM
    Working flawlessly for me. Thanks Daniel.
    danielbigham likes this.
    03-18-12 05:27 PM
    I have a question, say you are away from your home pc, and you want to print a document via someone else's printer, or a printer at a kinko's, how does this app facilitate that??
    You would have to have them download that little mini app to their computers... then make sure they delete it before you leave..
    03-18-12 05:35 PM
    Keep them coming pal!!
    danielbigham likes this.
    03-18-12 05:36 PM
    I just tried to find it on my PlayBook and I got a message that said not supported by your current device. Do you have any ideas?
    03-18-12 06:03 PM
    I just tried to find it on my PlayBook and I got a message that said not supported by your current device. Do you have any ideas?
    It could be you're in a country where that app is not available.
    03-18-12 06:05 PM
    Seems like you are making some of the best quality products on the app world, Daniel. If RIM isn't looking to create important apps like this, they should just hire you! I remember trying your itunes sync app but it didn't work for me..but seems to have been a hit for many. These 2 apps sound great and very convenient for us. I will give them a try.
    03-18-12 07:16 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD