Anybody try it out yet? $20 is STEEP for an app and the reviews were somewhat harsh in some cases. People complaining about half the functions don't work and such. I understand that possibly most of the price is for the name, but still $20 for an app, it better be good.
    03-16-12 06:19 PM
    It has a lot of promise but also a lot of problems. I'll know more after the first race in Melbourne today. It's not intuitive to use and not documented for BB. I can't get any of the information screens to display anything in the "info" menu area.

I can see the map feature being awesome during races. Unfortunately I was on a plane during qualifying so wasn't able to test it.

Right now I'd say wait until they iron out the bugs. I'm also waiting on the PlayBook version that they say they are working on, which after paying 20 bucks for the BB app better be free!
    03-17-12 11:26 AM
    It has a lot of promise but also a lot of problems. I'll know more after the first race in Melbourne today. It's not intuitive to use and not documented for BB. I can't get any of the information screens to display anything in the "info" menu area.

I can see the map feature being awesome during races. Unfortunately I was on a plane during qualifying so wasn't able to test it.

Right now I'd say wait until they iron out the bugs. I'm also waiting on the PlayBook version that they say they are working on, which after paying 20 bucks for the BB app better be free!
    Thanks for the info. I didn't know there is supposed to be a PlayBook app. I doubt it's gonna be free. But as a relief, it seems like the android version is over $30.
    03-18-12 11:11 PM
    What is the name of that app?
    03-20-12 10:35 AM
    What is the name of that app?
    F1 2012 Timing App CP
    Last edited by Phill_UK; 03-20-12 at 12:36 PM.
    03-20-12 12:33 PM
    Here's the link to App World Buy F1 2012 Timing App CP - Download F1 2012 Timing App CP - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World

If you read the reviews, you would not touch this app with a pole. It seems to have a number of problems.

There is a rather strange comment by the developer in his product description "Please note the app doesnt support WAP 2.0 networking, http only." This may account for some of the negative comments if the user has not set up their phone to handle these conditions.

I want this app but I am going to wait until I see some positive comments on App World and on the Soft Pauer FaceBook page before I part with my money.

On the Soft Pauer website here http://www.softpauer.com/f1site/index.php?q=latestnews it says that there is a free app for download but I cannot find it. The weblinks just go round in circles.

This is a useless app and Soft Pauer are not helping with their moderately useless website. They do not acknowledge any problems and there is no true support. Only a FAQ page is available and that gives very little detailed help. These people need to try a LOT harder before they get my money.
    Last edited by krokus; 03-24-12 at 12:17 PM.
    03-24-12 04:18 AM
    What i find highly annoying is that when BBC had the F1, the app was free and worked fine.

Now SKY has it they want �20 for it. Now thats robbery. I know the app is a different developer and has more features but �20 quids worth

Really

Really

Really

???????
    03-24-12 03:57 PM
    What i find highly annoying is that when BBC had the F1, the app was free and worked fine.

Now SKY has it they want �20 for it. Now thats robbery. I know the app is a different developer and has more features but �20 quids worth

Really

Really

Really

???????
    This app has nothing to do with Sky.
    03-25-12 11:40 AM
    This app has nothing to do with Sky.

I know this but its a funny coincidence isn't it.

If you change your name to Drum & Bass, I might just listen to you.
    03-25-12 01:01 PM
    The official F1 app is a total ripoff. It's bloated, overly complicated, buggy, and definitely not worth �20.

I use this instead now... F1 Live! for BlackBerry. It's not as polished as the official app, but it works... and it's free!
    03-26-12 03:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD