So my pen trolled on me today. I decided to save face not to borrow a pen by whipping out my Bold 9650, fired up document to go and typed the rest of the lecture on my BB. Half hour latter when the lecture ended the count was 1008 word/4000s char (counting spaces)/ 14 paragraph. Didn't break a sweat and leave me wanting for more. Maybe I should type all my paper on my Bold
    03-16-12 10:16 AM
    I know that feeling! I LOOVE typing on my BlackBerry<3
    03-16-12 10:21 AM
    Hahaha that is soo cool. I have used my BB9900 a lot as well. I like the fact that I can view documents, edit and create new docs. So far this has been the most efficient mobile for me. Can't wait to have skype and google voice soon!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-16-12 10:22 AM
    That is quite the accomplishment!
    Good job, lol
    03-16-12 10:23 AM
    Thanks yall. Found out I typed way faster on my BB than on a regular computer keyboard. Average was 30 word per minute, while on my PC it was like 15ish word lol
    03-16-12 10:30 AM
    Well, it wouldn't be my first preference over my desktop, but the BB would easily be my second choice for a task like that. If I had to do that on a touch-screen, I'm sure I would have pitched it somewhere around the 200-word mark.

Hate touch-screen typing.

Love that BB.
    03-16-12 10:36 AM
    Hehe awesome. When I was in grad school I was still using a Sidekick. I used to take notes in class with it. I would always show my new professors that I was indeed taking notes and not texting, surfing the web, etc. I was taking a road trip with some friends one spring break, but I still had a paper to work on. I wrote about 4-5 pages of that paper in the back seat using the Sidekick .
    03-16-12 01:06 PM
    Then Why I Type Slowly
    03-16-12 02:57 PM
    lol. I've had to numerous times do some last minute papers on my phone when the laptops decided (for some reason) to all die at the same time.

Thank the Lord for word document software for mobile devices.
    03-16-12 06:01 PM
    Nice job ykw! I wrote lyrics for 40 songs on my BB using BBnote pad! Great writing tool. Perfect for editing, copying and pasting chorus's! If I had my way, I'd never touch an ink stick again!
    03-16-12 07:08 PM
    Well, it wouldn't be my first preference over my desktop, but the BB would easily be my second choice for a task like that. If I had to do that on a touch-screen, I'm sure I would have pitched it somewhere around the 200-word mark.

Hate touch-screen typing.

Love that BB.
    It compeletely depends for me on the type of document

if it is a strait text document that I will not need to be copying formatting from Documents, or websites, I'll go to my BB before my Notebook.

IF the writing requires me to be reading something, while writing, or including reference material I use a Laptop because I can have split screens

Not to belittle the accomplishment of the OP, since your first major document is always exciting, but I'd say I average 5000 words per day on my BlackBerry, mind you 1000-2000 of those words are thankfully done with Auto text taking over for me because I often am spitting out the same information to 5-10 different people in a week
    03-16-12 08:28 PM
    Congrats \=D/. Im hoping for one of the Bluetooth mini keyboards so i can do my schooling entirely on my PB! Just a few more months until i go, got my acceptance letter to Nova Scotia Community College for Business Administration a week ago WOOT!!
    03-16-12 10:33 PM
    Its quite a feat. Congrats!!!
    03-17-12 01:50 AM
    I've done that a numerous of times. I'm so glad I have the blackberry for this now. I'm know to write a few paragraph to finish off my essay on the train. If I had my HTC Hero there would be no chance of me doing this.
    03-17-12 09:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD