I have a 9930 running .163.

A couple of days ago, I tried to restore a backup I made, but it would go about 80% through and then say the restore process failed. Now, all of the old text messages from that backup continue to pop up in my conversation history list. I delete them (I've done it three times already), but they continue to come back after a battery pull or soft reset and it seems to affect my phones functionality (as it's becoming increasingly sluggish). It's not the actual conversation, just all the names of the people I had conversations with and the time that the last text message came in, but there's no conversation inside the text message once I open the conversation.

I really don't want to have to perform a security wipe/reload the operating system, as I've done this about four times since I've had this phone and I don't want to have to constantly reload those applications.

Any other suggestions?
    03-16-12 02:59 AM
    Check your saved file see if they are in there if they are delete from that file.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    03-16-12 05:48 AM
    I had the exact same problem a month ago. The names of two contacts kept appearing as txts but there was no content in the body of the message. At first I was covinced the messages were somehow jammed in my sim card-- that wasn't the case. When you delete the message, you're deleting it from the txt inbox.... the messages are displayed there but are actually in one of the other boxes (I'm so pissed cause I can't recall where) You will find the 'real' messages by being in the txt app--pushing the bb button--going to 'view folder' -- there's sms inbox-sms outbox--text mesage conversations-- and inbox. the messages need to get erased from one of those boxes. Try them one by one. Do a batt pull after each attempt. Sorry I can't tell you for sure which one it's actually in but I do know EXACTLY what you're referring to.
    lynawry and mssca like this.
    03-16-12 06:31 AM
    @ESN - checked my save files last night after making this post and it was to no avail.

@tedzone - THANK YOU! Every single old message from the old conversations are there. Kinda sucks that representatives have no idea about this kind of stuff because I was told that a security wipe should remedy this. I'm going to delete them by day, which is going slowly because my phone is actually deleting all of them now, but thank you so much again.

PS - Just for future reference, they are in SMS Inbox/Outbox.
    PSS - I lost my sim card yesterday because I took it out hoping it would resolve this and now I can't find it, haha.
    03-16-12 11:18 AM
    Not the same issue but this week I've had text messages with justa handful of contacts coming in on 2 separate threads. One thread had only my outgoing messages and the last incoming message from the contact and the duplicate thread had the entire conversation exceot for my last outgoing. Was weird but seems to have stopped now.
    03-16-12 12:51 PM
    @ESN - checked my save files last night after making this post and it was to no avail.

@tedzone - THANK YOU! Every single old message from the old conversations are there. Kinda sucks that representatives have no idea about this kind of stuff because I was told that a security wipe should remedy this. I'm going to delete them by day, which is going slowly because my phone is actually deleting all of them now, but thank you so much again.

PS - Just for future reference, they are in SMS Inbox/Outbox.
    PSS - I lost my sim card yesterday because I took it out hoping it would resolve this and now I can't find it, haha.
    good stuff!! :-)
    03-16-12 08:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD