I came across bberrysync.com and it seems like a cool service. Does anyone have any experience with this company?
    09-11-08 01:10 AM
    I've signed up for it but I've run into several anomalies that I'm attempting to work with their support staff to resolve.

1) Creating a datamap file has not been successful. Various errors occur when attempting this.

2) When creating Tasks with a reminder, the reminder property is not set.

I have Outlook 2007 with the Blackberry Bold.
    11-20-08 06:20 PM
    I've been using the bberrysync service for about three months now and all of a sudden the service has stopped running, or should I say the site http://www.bberrysync.com has disappeared. Anyone out there have a phone number to contact or have any idea what has happened to the company?
    12-04-08 02:55 PM
    sta1,

Same experience as you...service stopped working yesterday, can't connect from desktop or my 8830 and website is non-op. I'm not sure they ever really had a phone number anyway as tech support was sporadic at best. They did publish a support e-mail as [email protected] that you may want to try.

I've been using them for about 4 months. When the service worked, it was great, but the new 2.0 version seemed to have even more issues than the prior version. Does anybody have a recommendation for a good OTA Calendar and Contact sync service for BIS users?

Thanks.
    12-04-08 07:21 PM
    This happened in late August - went down the 28th and came back up the 30th or 31st -- with no explanation. It just started working again.

I sent an e-mail yesterday and got a "delayed" postmaster message this morning.
    Last edited by smoddelm; 12-04-08 at 08:33 PM.
    12-04-08 08:30 PM
    I'm not sure when my sync stopped working, but I think it may actually have been prior to yesterday because I have several calendar items in my Outlook calendar but NOT in my BB.

I'd be interested in any other options anyone came up with, preferably somebody/something less obscure. I'm the only BB user in my company, so BES isn't an option for me, but I don't want to have to do a tethered sync every day to keep things connected.
    12-05-08 02:28 PM
    Okay, I've given up on Blackberry Sync-my e-mail to them and to the registered admin for the domain were both returned after 3-4 days in limbo. But I have a new problem-I'm trying to do a USB sync and it gets part way through the second Handheld Calendar sync and Desktop Manager crashes. I do have a one week old backup, but I'd rather just restore the calendar. Is it possible to wipe the calendar on my BB8830 and then do a fresh sync?
    12-15-08 10:25 AM
    i hvae it and have liked it very much mine has not worked for over a week now and i can't get anywhere with support. i am open to any new providers or ideas anyone can help out. when the service works it does work though
    12-16-08 09:43 AM
    Sorry for the inconvience we are working on it main server crash should be back up soon we have restored our emails and website BBerrysync will back up shortly and no one will be charged for december
    12-23-08 09:34 PM
    I reinstalled this morning, but I can't get the login to work. Any idea when the knowledge base and troubleshooting will be back online?
    12-24-08 10:41 AM
    The BBerrySync web service and the setup package are available at the download section at:

Our customers have to update this release version 2.1 for all his sides (device and PC) to get service running up.

Please do let us know if you have any concerns.

Thank you,

Did you do update desktop and blackberry
    12-24-08 11:03 AM
    I have 2.0.2 on the desktop and when I click on check for updates it says there are none. I have 2.0.1 on the device and when I try to check for updates, it says it can't connect with the server.
    This has got to be frustrating for you trying to get this back up and running-just let me know if there's anything special I need to do besides remain patient. I found this service to be very valuable and want it to continue.
    12-24-08 12:01 PM
    ...how about sending an e-mail to all of your subscribers with a note apologizing and letting them know that the service is back up if, in fact, it is.

I hope you guys understand that you offer a product that people come to rely and which necessitates exceptional service and reliable uptime and you just aren't offering adequate service and support.
    12-24-08 12:19 PM
    I have 2.0.2 on the desktop and when I click on check for updates it says there are none. I have 2.0.1 on the device and when I try to check for updates, it says it can't connect with the server.
    This has got to be frustrating for you trying to get this back up and running-just let me know if there's anything special I need to do besides remain patient. I found this service to be very valuable and want it to continue.
    Go to bberrysync website and download new version or email support requesting link we can not post links here

if that does not solve problem please email support with a contact phone number
    Last edited by bberrysync; 12-24-08 at 04:48 PM.
    12-24-08 04:43 PM
    ...how about sending an e-mail to all of your subscribers with a note apologizing and letting them know that the service is back up if, in fact, it is.

I hope you guys understand that you offer a product that people come to rely and which necessitates exceptional service and reliable uptime and you just aren't offering adequate service and support.
    We can not mass email we will be working thru these holidays to get remaninder of services back up and an apoligy will be sent out as soon as posible In the interim we do apoligize for all inconvience we have caused are clients and are working hard to correct the issue and insure it will not happen again
    The knowledge base is in progress and will be competed soon
    12-24-08 04:47 PM
    stay away from bberysync. the company is a fraud. there is no technical support, they do not respond to any e-mails (even the registered owner of the site will not return e-mails or phone calls). this product and this company is a scam.
    01-06-09 10:45 AM
    Here is the WhoIs on them:

http://who.godaddy.com/WhoIs.aspx?do...rog_id=godaddy

You should be able to mass e-mail, it's not that hard to do that now, just have to make sure you don't get blacklisted.
    01-06-09 10:54 AM
    sta1,
    Does anybody have a recommendation for a good OTA Calendar and Contact sync service for BIS users?

Thanks.
    I'd be interested in any other options anyone came up with, preferably somebody/something less obscure. I'm the only BB user in my company, so BES isn't an option for me, but I don't want to have to do a tethered sync every day to keep things connected.
    I use Google Sync and it works great. It does not sync with Outlook, but it does sync wirelessly.

Just set up a Gmail account, even if you don't use it. Then you can sync your contacts and calendar. Works great for me.

In fact you could export your Outlook contacts to a CSV file, then import that into Google so you don;t have to manually retype everything.
    01-06-09 11:16 AM
    stay away from bberysync. the company is a fraud. there is no technical support, they do not respond to any e-mails (even the registered owner of the site will not return e-mails or phone calls). this product and this company is a scam.

I have pmed you to see if we can resolve the issue

Are servers have been back up for almost 2 weeks

Most of are customers are up and running We are striving to get all customers back up
    01-06-09 11:44 AM
    I have pmed you to see if we can resolve the issue

Are servers have been back up for almost 2 weeks

Most of are customers are up and running We are striving to get all customers back up
    I have responded to your PM and I expect a full refund.

Thank you for finally responding to some contact request (albeit 6 days past your guaranteed support time and only after i begin to tell other users about my experience)
    01-06-09 01:36 PM
    Full refund issued and left the service on till 2-28-09 for free if you would like to setup please pm your contact info and i will have a tech call you
    01-06-09 08:05 PM
    I have to admit that I also did not get any replies to my inquiries as of yet. Also not to the ticket i filed, though they promise a 12h reply.

They even have a 24h live support button on the site but once u click it you get on a site that at least looks like a chat window that says "connecting.." but that will never happen.

On 1 part on the site they promise a 5 day refund, in another part it's only 3 days. This company is really far from trustworthy in my eyes.

Too bad. Because the software is great and the service works fine (for items with only english characters i guess, because my problem was that I want to sync items that contain non-english chars like � or � and BBS seems not to be able to cope with that).
    03-08-09 08:34 AM
    Full refund issued and left the service on till 2-28-09 for free if you would like to setup please pm your contact info and i will have a tech call you

I have made several payment to DataSolve, inc. (08/20/09 $6.00, 09/24/08 $6.00, 10/21/08 $18.00, and 02/16/09 $6.00) via PayPal I can provide PayPal transaction ID #�s if requested. These payments were made in exchange for the bberrysync.com software. This service stopped completely on 12/04/08 and was unreachable for approximately 6 weeks. I have made several attempts to contact vie e-mail ([email protected]) and also by phone (310)691-2878 and I have yet to receive a response to rectify problem. Your website lists the fact that you offer live support however every time I have signed on there has never been an operator who has signed on from their end.

I would like to request either a refund of $18.00 for service�s that I paid for and never received. $6.00 for Nov � Dec, $6.00 for Dec � Jan, and $6.00 for Feb � Mar.
    03-08-09 09:29 AM
    Watch this program vendor as it is not a working program. They take your money, send you an activation key which is automatic and then it never works. Try reaching them and see!! no answer ever.

Buyer Beware!!!
    03-27-09 11:04 AM
    I have been cheated out of my $54.99 as I have requested a full refund withing the 3-day (or 5-day) guaranteed money-back period. I have tried to contact this company THREE times over the last three days through service tickets (they have not held up to their 12 hr guaranteed answer time) and several emails. The company is such crap that even the box on their site to contact support will not actually send your submission. I am beyond frustrated as I probably wouldn't have purchased the software if not for the "trial period". IF SOMEONE FROM THE COMPANY COULD CONTACT ME, I WOULD APPRECIATE IT. THANK YOU.

-Rob W.
    06-18-09 08:00 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD