I'll start with I work in IT.

I was sitting at my desk today and we got the notice from our Director that was sent to him from Telus that 7.1 is available now. I figured it was early and I was going to be at my desk for most of the day I may as well do the upgrade. I tried getting it from the DM but figured it wouldn't work since I tried to update my PB when OS2 came out.

I decided to give the OTA a try.

The 56MB download went okay. I selected start upgrade now when prompted. This was at about 1130am this morning. By about 230pm, it was still trying to do the backup and was sitting at 10%. I noticed that my radios were turned off.

If you've done the OTA upgrade did you notice that your radios turned off? I figured that it was going to do the backup over the network to my company BES.

After noticing that it was stuck at 10% for like 2+hrs, I pulled the battery to restart. When it launched it has immediately gone back to Backing Up Your Data and has stopped at 6%. It doesn't seem that the phone is frozen as when I change the orientation from landscape to portrait, it does change. When plugged in the little lightning bolt is flashing that it's charging.

Now that I'm at home I'd rather stop this backup, do it from my home PC and then upgrade with the DM. I can't seem to get it to stop. Holding down the Power button simply turns it off. Turning it back on takes me back to the Backup data screen.

Any ideas how to stop this back up?
    03-15-12 07:29 PM
    Mine is doing the exact same thing, with Telus as my carrier as well. =( Someone please help!
    04-03-12 08:51 PM
    now that you have started the process ota you'll have to let it run it's course.

it is slow and might take most of a day but it will eventually get there.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860
    04-04-12 05:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD