Been wondering if i should get a refurbished 9930 or not? I am wanting to replace the iphone 4S and get the bold. Is it like getting a brand new one? Verizon has them for 300 bucks.
    03-15-12 01:42 PM
    Been wondering if i should get a refurbished 9930 or not? I am wanting to replace the iphone 4S and get the bold. Is it like getting a brand new one? Verizon has them for 300 bucks.
    I have had several refurbished phones from Verizon over the years and have never had any trouble with any of them. They work fine and have no cosmetic blemishes. There should be some kind of warranty with them.
    03-15-12 01:53 PM
    I have had several refurbished phones from Verizon over the years and have never had any trouble with any of them. They work fine and have no cosmetic blemishes. There should be some kind of warranty with them.
    Yeah they told me its a 1 yr. warranty.
    03-15-12 02:15 PM
    Go for it, it come with a 1yr Warranty so you can't go wrong.
    03-15-12 02:47 PM
    Why not? Most of those refurbished phones are from people's that doesn't like the phone,
    etc or the phone had some various issue's or any other reason's.
    But most likely all those refurbished phones are then double checked thoroughly inside and outside and after,
    that they are mostly good or even better than a new phone.
    Read the ToS etc about the warranty's, ask about it and let them confirm it on paper or whatever else it maybe.
    And if like example you will have 1 year warrarnty, what else can go wrong? And then you are just fine.
    03-15-12 02:54 PM
    I believe they are as good as new ones. I have had 4 of them for various issues and with the quality control today I don't think it matters.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    03-15-12 02:58 PM
    I wouldn't hesitate to buy refurbished. The reduced price is huge and comes with a full warranty. Definitely a no brainer for me.
    03-15-12 04:50 PM
    I am usually more confident with a refurb. These things can be so buggy, at least the bugs have been worked out.

03-15-12 05:16 PM
    Why not? Most of those refurbished phones are from people's that doesn't like the phone,
    etc or the phone had some various issue's or any other reason's.
    But most likely all those refurbished phones are then double checked thoroughly inside and outside and after,
    that they are mostly good or even better than a new phone.
    Read the ToS etc about the warranty's, ask about it and let them confirm it on paper or whatever else it maybe.
    And if like example you will have 1 year warrarnty, what else can go wrong? And then you are just fine.
    ^^+1, I'd buy one in a second.
    03-15-12 06:52 PM
    Beware of the of the "new" phones sold on ebay, 2 weeks ago I was scorched by a seller who sold me a T-Mobile brand new 9780.

It came exactly as a brand new phone with all the plastic protective films all around but I noticed that the t-mobile carton box had the PIN and IMEI numbers printed on stickers over the original number.

Then the left external shortcut button didn�t work.

I followed this tip

OS 6.0 and above (98xx, 9650, 99xx, 93xx, 97xx)
    Go to Options -> Device -> Device and Status Information–> type buyr

and right away I discovered the phone had more than 40 hours of use and more than 1048576K of data usage !!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by robmir; 06-13-12 at 07:39 AM.
    06-13-12 07:35 AM
    Well you can say the phone has a lot of experience.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-13-12 08:29 AM
    I went for a refurbished 9700 with AT&T and was very happy. Then the 9800, same. I was very happy too.
    Now, just waiting for AT&T to put out the 9900 as a refurbished unit.

Check again on the Verizon website, cause I saw the refurb was cheaper than 300! More like 150.
    06-13-12 09:02 AM
    I bought mine refurbished off of Amazon for $260.
    I too came from an iPhone (still have it as a wifi only device).
    I'd check Amazon or Ebay or even Craigslist before buying from Verizon, just to save a few bucks.

06-13-12 09:58 AM
    Worst comes, you ask to get it replaced. Most refurbs are very well put back together. My friend had a faulty new bb 9930 and he had it replaced with a refurb and the refurb has no problems at all.
    06-13-12 11:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD