So I don't know if you've been upto date with MWC 2012 but companies other than RIM showcased some of the most innovative gadgets. I want to specifically talk about the new Quad-core superphones that are coming out this year. HTC and LG are the first ones to develop their new flagship phones with the Tegra 3 processors. Samsung is also rumored to release Galaxy S3 sometime in the Summer.

So my question to all you folks is how do you think RIM's BB10 phones going to fare with these powerhouses? I personally think that RIM is going to play "catch up" again as dual cores seems to be a thing of the past or at least 2011 and that 2012 is the year of Quad cores!
    03-15-12 06:49 AM
    The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.
    03-15-12 07:54 AM
    The future holds a BB10 and playbook
    03-15-12 06:33 PM
    Why can't we just live in the present?
    CairnsRock likes this.
    03-15-12 07:11 PM
    I don't think RIM will be able to match the battery drain on those devices.
    03-15-12 07:22 PM
    I don't think RIM will be able to match the battery drain on those devices.
    But we have to have a quad core or we won't be able answer phone calls, text, email, or look up sports scores, will we? LOL.
    03-15-12 07:50 PM
    The omap5 chip thats rumored to be used in london is more powerful than the tegra 3?
    03-25-12 01:14 PM
    I just got the Bold 9900 yesterday and all I can say is WOW!! Research In Motion is gonna knock BB10 out of the park. They have gotten very good at touch screen interfaces. Their hardware is quite good and they have tons of potential.
    Anyone who questions RIM's worth has no idea of the talented and unique group working on Blackberry products. QNX = Amazing! TAT = Mind Blown! Not to mention all the other great companies RIM acquired.
    RIM has a firm understanding of what they need to do, we just have to sit back and watch them deliver. Questioning whether or not RIM can make a phone like Samsung or HTC is kind of silly. OF COURSE THEY CAN!!! Its whether they will or not and I believe they will.

RIM will once again rule the world of mobile!!! Whether it be from 1st, 2nd, or 3rd spot they will always rule!!!
    03-25-12 02:25 PM
    Only the shadow knows.
    03-25-12 04:42 PM
    I predict flying cars and an entire meal in a tiny pill. Anything else would be irresponsible conjecture.

Seriously, the spec war does matter because it sells. Most people don't have a clue what quad-core means, but they do know quad is 4 and dual is 2 and that 4 is twice as much as two so they think it must be better. Marketing 101.
    Last edited by stewartj1; 03-25-12 at 08:13 PM.
    03-25-12 05:51 PM
    So I don't know if you've been upto date with MWC 2012 but companies other than RIM showcased some of the most innovative gadgets. I want to specifically talk about the new Quad-core superphones that are coming out this year. HTC and LG are the first ones to develop their new flagship phones with the Tegra 3 processors. Samsung is also rumored to release Galaxy S3 sometime in the Summer.

So my question to all you folks is how do you think RIM's BB10 phones going to fare with these powerhouses? I personally think that RIM is going to play "catch up" again as dual cores seems to be a thing of the past or at least 2011 and that 2012 is the year of Quad cores!

So I ask you this,

do you have a dual or quad core processor in your PC? and do you see performance difference between the 2?

now relate that back you cellphones without being plugged in all the time
    03-25-12 07:06 PM
    Rim will have a very bright future eh. 9900 is an amazing phone and the bb10 can only get better! Plus the new playbooks are coming out! I can't wait eh!
    Stewartj1 likes this.
    03-25-12 07:12 PM
    The TI omap processor that was showcased earlier looks impressive enough. you dont need quad core on your phone. At least not now. How many applications/games do you think will be able to fully utilise all the cores, and how much battery drain will there be. Also Blackberry, like Apple, built their own software and hardware. They can optimise the OS to perform just as well on a dual core, compared to Android running a quad core.

its not about brute force, its about how you utilise the what you have. In simple terms, optimisation. Just compare, the Merc C63 AMG vs the BMW M3. The Merc has a much bigger engine, more horse power, more torque. But put both round a track, the M3 will devour the C63 AMG.
    Stewartj1 likes this.
    03-25-12 07:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD