Nice to see a DJ app come to playbook but either I am missing something or this app is useless. You have to load music into the app, when I select load i directs me to a file destination /shared/music or media sync, i dont have any music stored here, but I have loads of music files on my playbook, why wont it let me access different folder locations to get to them? Tried everything guys, also this is a native app so surely it should work fine?
    03-15-12 06:21 AM
    The UI is a joke. Terrible implementation of the level controls - nearly impossible to manipulate the "dials" such as they are.

RCK
    03-15-12 06:32 AM
    There needs a Confetti optimized DJ app, so you can use multiple PlayBooks at the same time.
    03-15-12 07:10 AM
    It is very basic that is for sure! If you plug your pb into the computer and drop some music files into the shared music file your songs will be there. Not sure where your music is on your playbook but if you move it to that folder you'll be OK. Hopefully the developer will update and make this better!
    03-15-12 08:24 AM
    I would also say it's not completely useless. But definitely not ready to use at a live show! Hopefully the bb exclusive pinical dj app will be off the hook!
    03-15-12 08:27 AM
    Nice to see a DJ app come to playbook but either I am missing something or this app is useless. You have to load music into the app, when I select load i directs me to a file destination /shared/music or media sync, i dont have any music stored here, but I have loads of music files on my playbook, why wont it let me access different folder locations to get to them? Tried everything guys, also this is a native app so surely it should work fine?
    I agree the app is not what I expected, scratching sucks. Once I tapped the shared/music, my music files popped up, I could only load the music that I downloaded from 7digital and not the music from Windows Media Player (I don't think the app supports .wma files)
    03-15-12 09:27 AM
    I would like to see a dj app that looks something like this:
    03-16-12 01:54 AM
    It's too bad, I think a lot of people were excited for this app.
    03-16-12 02:15 AM
    Hmm shall I build a better one? What would everyone want from it? I'm looking for a new musical project. I could add it to my Instruments app.
    03-16-12 05:57 PM
    Hmm shall I build a better one? What would everyone want from it? I'm looking for a new musical project. I could add it to my Instruments app.
    Add in a CDG player so you can run karaoke mp3's at the same time and I will buy.
    03-16-12 07:22 PM
    Hi

I'm the developer of DJPad. Sorry you guys are unhappy. I'm working on it.

Playbook users have been my best customers by far so I'm not going to leave you in the woods here. Some backstory:

- I wrote DJPad originally for HP TouchPad and have ported it to Android and Playbook. I ported it to Playbook mostly with the simulator, and only had one night to test it with a real Playbook while it's owner was waiting for me to be finished. Now that I will be getting a free playbook from the RIM offer I can make this much smoother.

- The /shared/music thing blocking most user's playbook music sucks. I'm sorry. I read the developer docs that said that was where user's music went, and originally didn't realize that only sync'd music would end up there. A future update will be able to browse the entire shared folder which I believe will be sufficient.

- I have an update to the UI already in almost finished that cleans it up. It will be a continual work in progress but updates are coming. I'm interested in hearing your ideas to make it better.

- For the specific comment about the knobs, what it does right now is increase the value if you drag it up or right, and it decreases the value if you drag it down or left. I could do a "simulated knob turning" motion, do you guys think that'd make more sense?

I plan on doing:
    - looping
    - multitouch
    - playlists & autoplay
    - loading ID3 tags
    - more codec support (aac/wma/wav/flac/ogg/etc)
    - FX
    Last edited by BurnsMod; 03-19-12 at 01:55 PM.
    joski, hpulley, webadpro and 5 others like this.
    03-19-12 01:53 PM
    Now that's some dev support right there!

Thanks BurnsMod!
    03-19-12 02:37 PM
    For $2.99 I think its great and I'm glad to hear it is still under development. Sure, it isn't a $580 Pioneer and you aren't going to make the next Skrillex album with it but I think it does well for simple matching and mixing, more than enough for a party dj. The headphone split works well to cue up. Let's support this and see where it can go!
    03-21-12 05:44 PM
    We are already getting a Pacemaker application... Pacemaker & RIM Announce Exclusive DJ App for BlackBerry PlayBook
    03-21-12 05:54 PM
    We are already getting a Pacemaker application... Pacemaker & RIM Announce Exclusive DJ App for BlackBerry PlayBook
    Says "sometime in the spring..." anything more heard since?
    03-21-12 06:54 PM
    I'm a DJ who has been waiting for something to come on the blackberry for months now and I would love to get behind this, but the fact that I can't put music on this thing means I can't. Can someone explain to me how to put music on this thing because I'm going crazy
    03-23-12 06:47 AM
    Hi

I'm the developer of DJPad. Sorry you guys are unhappy. I'm working on it.

Playbook users have been my best customers by far so I'm not going to leave you in the woods here. Some backstory:

- I wrote DJPad originally for HP TouchPad and have ported it to Android and Playbook. I ported it to Playbook mostly with the simulator, and only had one night to test it with a real Playbook while it's owner was waiting for me to be finished. Now that I will be getting a free playbook from the RIM offer I can make this much smoother.

- The /shared/music thing blocking most user's playbook music sucks. I'm sorry. I read the developer docs that said that was where user's music went, and originally didn't realize that only sync'd music would end up there. A future update will be able to browse the entire shared folder which I believe will be sufficient.

- I have an update to the UI already in almost finished that cleans it up. It will be a continual work in progress but updates are coming. I'm interested in hearing your ideas to make it better.

- For the specific comment about the knobs, what it does right now is increase the value if you drag it up or right, and it decreases the value if you drag it down or left. I could do a "simulated knob turning" motion, do you guys think that'd make more sense?

I plan on doing:
    - looping
    - multitouch
    - playlists & autoplay
    - loading ID3 tags
    - more codec support (aac/wma/wav/flac/ogg/etc)
    - FX
    Thank you for your response! I have been looking for something similar to TapDJ, which is available on iOS. Its a stunning app. I have not seen your app but I will be purchasing after work. I love being able to support a growing app ecosystem and have been going a little crazy with appworld We all appreciate your detailed response and wish you the best in your efforts to build for the blackberry playbook!

Andy
    03-23-12 07:50 AM
    I'm a DJ who has been waiting for something to come on the blackberry for months now and I would love to get behind this, but the fact that I can't put music on this thing means I can't. Can someone explain to me how to put music on this thing because I'm going crazy
    Make sure you have put your music in the correct "sharing" folder. Sounds like this will be updated in a future release.
    03-23-12 07:54 AM
    You have to put it in the music sharing folder.

AND most importantly it only reads mp3 files now, not m4a or anything else. Convert your files to drm free mp3 and it works great.
    03-23-12 08:26 AM
    Thanks, the problem is there is no music sharing folder. I've looked everywhere
    03-23-12 09:14 AM
    You have to sync your music for it to go in to that folder. Use DM
    03-23-12 09:41 AM
    Thanks everyone finally got the music on there. I'm impressed with the set up. The only thing I would say is there needs to be a way where you can hear the track you are cueing whilst the other track is playing. Keep up the good work
    03-24-12 09:52 AM
    Thanks everyone finally got the music on there. I'm impressed with the set up. The only thing I would say is there needs to be a way where you can hear the track you are cueing whilst the other track is playing. Keep up the good work
    Is that your review at the top? Because it says right in the description that "YOU MUST USE DM SYNC TO GET YOUR MUSIC"
    03-24-12 10:07 AM

Hi Chico-Rei

You can split the stereo output. Go into settings by touching the gear icon and enable "Split L/R output into mono Cue/Master".

Cheers,
    Tom
    03-24-12 04:41 PM
    The split is really cool, then you just need a left/right Y adapter and on my amp a mono to stereo adapter; my headphones don't seem to need the mono to stereo adapter but line-in was upset without it.

When the left/right split is enabled you get extra headphones buttons to select which channels to send to the headphones.
    03-24-12 07:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD