So I'm not sure if this is even the right section for this, but here goes:

On both of my curves, my Facebook app doesn't receive notifications. I can view my friends, change my status, upload pix, etc...but if I get a new wall post or friend request, nothing happens. I made sure to log out on one phone before logging into the other, still nothing. I also deleted and reinstalled. Any ideas?
    09-10-08 10:57 PM
    The reason your not receive notifiactions on your blackberry is because your email is not linked(the one FB has) with your blackberry therefore notications such as; friends request, and messages dont get to you. To solve this problem. Log into facebook. Click account. Under account see what "contact email" says. Which even it is your blackberry needs to be tie to. Go your BB and click "add email" and add that email address (the one you looked up on FB) It might sound kind of confusing, but that will solve your problem. Let me know if you have any questions.

I hope this helps!
    09-10-08 11:24 PM
    Hmm...makes sense lol. Now that I think about it, this all stopped when i switched my FB e-mail so....THANKS!
    09-11-08 08:01 AM
    ahhhhhh thanks so much lol it explains everything
    09-23-08 06:12 PM
    I've triple checked and checked... my FB email is the same as the one I use on my blackberry storm.

My FB application all of a sudden stopped receiving notifications without me making any changes to my accounts. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling 3 times with no success.

Any other suggestions???
    09-08-09 01:17 PM
    I have the same problem and also not receiving emails weird
    09-08-09 01:51 PM
    I have the same issue with FB, one day I noticed I was getting notifications, and the next day nothing. I still receive e-mails, can update status, make comments, send msg's, etc. I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling, adjusting all settings, double checking e-mails... no go.
    09-08-09 06:06 PM
    my facebook keeps telling me my session has expired...mostly when I go to read comments to people status, but sometime its random, it is really starting to **** me off!
    09-09-09 09:38 AM
    as soon as i got my bb i disabled sms/email alerts from facebook and installed the app. it's been working just fine until today. I logged into facebook and had about 5 new messages and 7 new wall posts but not on my bb! is there anything i can do?? is it because of the outage yesterday?
    09-10-09 02:12 PM
    I've had this problem too. The only thing that's worked (and I have to do it at least once a week) is to delete FB on my BB, then reinstall it. The only problem with this is that it deletes everything on my BB calender, even though I have FB set NOT to snyc to my BB calender.

I'm looking for a more perm. fix.
    09-10-09 09:13 PM
    The facebook application version will need updating. If you noticed, your email application became inop after you upgraded your BB OS.
    09-11-09 04:05 PM
    As far as I can tell it has nothing to do with not being linked to email. It's a problem with a lot of people. Everyone I know that have it on their BB are having issues. Sounds like it's a problem with the app itself. Hopefully it's resolved soon. It's frustrating.
    09-16-09 11:17 PM
    I solved my problem. In reading the BB site I got a hunch and sure enough my trick worked. Since I had disabled email alerts for all notifications on fbook therein lied my problem. I wasn't receiving any alerts at all. So, I went back and enabled email notifications, set up a filter on gmail so I wouldn't get emailed and voila! Facebook for BlackBerry works just fine.
    09-16-09 11:19 PM
    My Bb won't let me look at the comments or wall posts...just a menu that pops up with a pn option to "open" and when I click on it...notthinnggg. Wh��s wrong?!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-17-09 12:18 AM
    @ The Siege - Same thing here on my Tour. Started yesterday and continues today. I get my alerts saying I have a FB message/status comment/friend request/etc and when I click on it nothing happens. If I click to get the menu and then click open, nothing happens still. I did a reset thinking something was hanging up in the memory but that didn't solve the problem either....
    09-17-09 06:28 AM
    I am having the same issues with FB. I cannot open the messages/alerts. And I am having issues commenting on some of my friends statuses. I receive an error message as well.

FB has got to upgrade this application so it can work properly. There's too many users.
    09-17-09 06:49 AM
    The same thing started happening to me 2 days ago. I will get the message that someone has replied to a status update. When I click on it in my phone messages it won't open. No error or anything, it just won't open. If I click on the notification in my FB app a drop down appears with the option to open, I click on it and nothing happens. I deleted the app and reinstalled this morning, but it still will not work.
    09-17-09 10:20 AM
    Do iPhone users have as many issues with Facebook as do we BlackBerry owners? Just curious.....I do know that the iPhone FB app looks like it does on a PC screen, while the BB version of FB is very different.
    09-17-09 10:44 AM
    the iPhone app is made by Facebook. The BB app is made by RIM, hence the difference in UI.

On a side note, I am also having these issues. No setting changes, and I cannot open notifications from my messages folder. 1.7 anyone?
    09-17-09 10:53 AM
    I'm having the same issue. Can't open any comments.
    09-17-09 11:39 AM
    the iPhone app is made by Facebook. The BB app is made by RIM, hence the difference in UI.
    Well, there you go - witness the fine work that RIM did with the "Gmail Enhanced Plug-In".
    09-17-09 11:56 AM
    Just wanted to say I started having the same problem today. I can open old notifications but not any new ones. I get either no response when I click on a notification or a menu pops up and when I click on "Open" nothing happens. This sucks cuz I depend on fb for bb to stay in touch with the kids. I know I can go to the mobile site but the app is so much easier

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-17-09 12:06 PM
    I've been having the same problems (notifications not coming through, when you get a notification nothing happens when you click on it, etc.) I had already sent the service books, confirmed all the email and app settings and still nothing. I sent a message to FB through the mobile site and got a canned response. However, just ten minutes ago I got the familiar notification alert and I was able to click through to the message. Maybe they've identified the issue and repaired it...let's hope so anyways!
    09-17-09 03:38 PM
    Dang it! Spoke too soon! Just saw I had a notification and no tone or alert came through. Clicked the notification and...nada, zip, zilch!

C'mon FB..you really dropped the ball on this one!
    09-17-09 04:58 PM
    I mean come on how long could it take to fix. Come on facebook give us blackberry users some love also.
    09-17-09 05:39 PM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD